Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spellcasters and Clubs

I wish there was a way to create a magic sims only club by making the spellcaster trait a membership requirement. We have it for vampires so why not casters? It's frustrating that we have to manually find casters and add them, especially since the game is currently bugged to let random sims into the Magic Realm.
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 454 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Mariefoxprice83 There is a spellcaster trait. Scroll all the way down near the bottom of the list. :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Oh cool, I will look for it when I next play. It wasn't listed alphabetically which is presumably why I couldn't find it.
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 329 Member
    Its listed alphabetically for me. I had to take out a gender filter club mod I had to make it show up though. If it doesnt show up, you probably have a mod that is conflicting with it.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Yes, the club system definitely allows using the Spellcaster trait. I've tried this )
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don’t see the spell caster trait, but I think there are still other glitches no matter how much I repair the game it’s one glitch for another.

I make potions to reveal a sim’s magical aura to determine if they would make a good addition to the Mage’s council. I wish we could apply potions to meals so we could be more mischievous or discreet about our intentions.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    There are only two tasks for the clubs that I saw which is really annoying. Using the cauldron and casting spells....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    yep, at club restrictions you can set it to spellcasters only just like with vampires. you can also add spellcasting and using the cauldron as club activities. i already created my own coven ^-^ now to find a way to keep those pesky random generated trash sims out of it -.- they keep trying to join >.<
    edited September 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I don’t see the spell caster trait, but I think there are still other glitches no matter how much I repair the game it’s one glitch for another.

I make potions to reveal a sim’s magical aura to determine if they would make a good addition to the Mage’s council. I wish we could apply potions to meals so we could be more mischievous or discreet about our intentions.

it should be at club restrictions but yeah...fresh pack so ofcourse fresh new gamebreaking bugs for us too -.-

ahhh those were the days in TS 3 XD just mix potions into drinks and watch the chaos unfold lol such good times XD
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Found it no problem and founded my coven! LOL
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    yep, at club restrictions you can set it to spellcasters only just like with vampires. you can also add spellcasting and using the cauldron as club activities. i already created my own coven ^-^ now to find a way to keep those pesky random generated trash sims out of it -.- they keep trying to join >.<

They need magical duels added because I tested and they don't count toward the spell casting positive interactions.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member

ahhh those were the days in TS 3 XD just mix potions into drinks and watch the chaos unfold lol such good times XD

Oh man I WISH they had included that! I LOVED doing that in TS3! LOL 🐸🐸🐸🐸 EA!
    EIisabetta wrote: »

They need magical duels added because I tested and they don't count toward the spell casting positive interactions.

yeah noticed that too...but well...this is EA we are tal;king about ;) rushed EP's for fast cash. this happens every single time...perhaps they will patch it in som eday...but i have my sincere doubts
    AmaraRena wrote: »

Oh man I WISH they had included that! I LOVED doing that in TS3! LOL plum EA!

i was looking for a way this whole time but noop.... ohh well torching random generated garbage with spell directly is also a hoot ^_^ so many new delightful ways to make their lives miserable :D

ImSands wrote: »
    Its listed alphabetically for me. I had to take out a gender filter club mod I had to make it show up though. If it doesnt show up, you probably have a mod that is conflicting with it.

Maybe that's it, because I have a gender filter mod too. I'll remove it and see what happens when I reload.
    I uninstalled the mod and the trait is there. Even better, genders still appear as traits in the list anyway. Thank you everyone for your comments.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member

I hope they will fix it because vampire duels do count as "using vampire abilities" interaction.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Brinn wrote: »

I hope they will fix it because vampire duels do count as "using vampire abilities" interaction.

Yes I agree. Not being able to duel as a club activity is really disappointing :/
  • NaemiNaemi Posts: 21 Member
    I get the trait listed alphabetically, and it stops at squeamish, so no Spellcaster. Is there any way to get the whole list ?
  • NaemiNaemi Posts: 21 Member
    (Why can't we edit our posts on this site ?...)
    I found the culprit : Zerbu - More Club Members mod
    - Remove it
    - Add the trait
    - Put it back
    Your club members won't be kicked out during the removal of the mod.
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    You can't edit your posts because you are still a New Member. See this thread for more information about the restrictions on New Members and how to become a Member:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members

Mods are usually the first thing you should check if you're experiencing problems with the game.