Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how should I kill my sim?

So for the sake of story one of my sims has to die, but I want the death to fit to the story therefore it can not be goofy like death by cowplant or too sudden like eating bad pufferfish.
I like the poison from JA as it takes several days and could be played out as having a terminal illness, as I want it to be dramatic, but the getting poisoned part is hard, I do have another sim who technically could curse him with "marked for death" but it wouldn't fit the story as she has no reason to and I do not see him as a jungle explorer either...(is there a cheat to poison him?)

what would you do for a somewhat realistic and dramatic but not too sudden death?
freezing, overheating, burning and electrocution all are too sudden for me and anticlimactic, so there is not much left...
Gallery ID: ra7orrat

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Rabid Rodent Fever
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Rabid Rodent Fever

ah, yes, I should've mentioned I am on console, no MFPS available.

RavenSpit wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Rabid Rodent Fever

ah, yes, I should've mentioned I am on console, no MFPS available.

Do you have Get Famous? Drown them in the shark pond.
    yes I got GF, will that take time or be like every other drowning?

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Do you have My First Pet Stuff? You could go with Rabid Rodent Fever. It’s slow and drawn out, it requires your sim to be quarantined or it will spread, very dramatic.
    edited September 2019
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    yes I got GF, will that take time or be like every other drowning?

It seems like a toss up whether you drown or not from my experience. You’re supposed to put sharks in it and then have your Sims jump in without feeding the sharks first. Could take a while.

Sometimes they’ll jump in and live. Sometimes they’ll jump in and “drown” which for my storytelling purposes I like to say they were eaten by the hungry sharks. Looks like every other drowning but somehow slightly cooler lol
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    What about spellcaster cast element spell 2 time on sims? would that work? I hadn't test that far, like set sims on fire or zap on sims 2 time or something like that, I think if's more than 2 time with fire or zap again, it's likely sims die, but not sure.
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    I can confirm the shark pond working well. Just don't feed the sharks for a while and then constantly have your Sim jump into the pond and start taking pictures while they're drowning.....Liiiiiiike so.
    2HE5Yqd.png
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    edited September 2019
    The shark pond from GF is a good choice! Also, if you have Seasons, you can use the flower arrangement with the Scent of Death.
    Maybe it's a bit time consuming to achieve, since it only ages up the Sim who receives it as a gift, so you need to have a few flower arrangements in your inventory and keep giving them as a gift until your victim becomes an elder, and then it will kill them. It's dramatic, but I don't know if you'd consider realistic, though.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    An anger-induced death seems fairly realistic to me, like having a heart attack. I’m sure it could be fun to find something in your storyline to cause the anger.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The game really doesn't give us good umm realistic deaths and probably never will. If I don't have mods but want the suffering.. I usually put them in a position to suffer (usually needs or even bad aura objects) before finally letting them die another way that the game provides. It's kind of hard to set up sometimes though, and can depend on the sims traits whether it will work also.
    I think the worst one I had where I kind of felt bad setting it up was the one @babajayne mentioned... cardiac explosion..
    Death by drowning is pretty creepy too... get them very low on needs first though because just sticking them in there with no way to get out really isn't good for most stories.
    egTcBMc.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’d go for fire or electrocution

Easiest to make look like an accident

ETA: Sorry I saw that you said no burning or electrocution. Not sure what other deaths you could make look realistic and not contrived. Maybe your sim accidentally fell into a pool, which then accidentally acquired a wall around it? :D
    thanx for all the input people!
    I think I might try starvation, he is an athlete and could go on an extreme diet, if that takes too long or whatever I may try cardiac explosion, just gotta figure out what kind of situation would work best (he's actually a very friendly person, but maybe if somebody was mean to his boyfriend he'd get really angry).

gotta try some of those other deaths in a different save though, never heard of the scent of death before sounds interesting >:)

• Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    I try that before, long ago, seem sims don't die by starvation for passed many, many day. I recalled.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I try that before, long ago, seem sims don't die by starvation for passed many, many day. I recalled.
    Killed a sim by starvation just yesterday. Can confirm it works.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Pufferfish.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Setting off fireworks indoors is always a hilarious one. Make sure it's a small room and there are no doors before doing this and watch the hilarity ensue.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Also take out the sprinkler system. Nancy landgraab escaped my totally innocent accidental on purpose house fire caused by multiple fireworks exploding indoors because I forgot she was rich and had sprinklers.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I have never done this.. well ok when I was a kid back in TS1 maybe :D So let me think about it for a second..

It would matter what the story is. If i had a sim, let's say wife that wants to kill off her husband cause she is angry at him for cheating or whatever, i would let her create the scene where he could die in. It could take days to develop a scene like that. Maybe take him to a warm holiday destination and have him walk around in the hot sun all day while she is sipping on some drinks and locked the hotel door, so he cant go in for shadow. You know, like the evil, sneaky, hypocrite kind of way.

Another way, she could set up broken devices that needed to be fixed and get him into flirting with her so he would agree on doing such tasks while he is actually not a handy sim at all. This, if sims in The Sims 4 can still die from electrocution like this of course.

I do like the options to make someone ill and sick. You could create a sim who is busy with potions in a hut somewhere hidden in the forest where this sim goes to, to ask to make (in this case) her husband sick. In this way your sim does not have to learn all the spells etc, but just asks a more advanced sim to do it and she is still responsible for it. Then you pay a price like give her a gift or deduct some money from their account or something. And these things costs a lot. Maybe pay with a special gem or something that she has to search before she can ask for the spell.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    How old is your Sim.? I had an elderly Sim who tired himself out at the Gym and went home and woohoo'd with his wife when he got home. She was still sleeping when he got out of bed and died of embarrassment. For what reason I expect you could guess :)