Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampires or Casters?

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Casters Put The Magic in Magical
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    Why? I haven't seen everything there is to magical powers yet either. The pack's only been out for a few days.

I just wouldn't vote on a poll regarding something I literally have no ability to have an opinion on just me. (as in if someone else made this poll I wouldn't vote if I hadn't played magic yet)
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Both. Why not both?

After what ten polls people should know by now I stink at making them...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    LiELF wrote: »
    P.S. "Vampires always vin". Is this to be spoken out loud in a classic Vampire accent? Like, "Vampires vill alvays vin!" Like the way they speak in 'What We Do In The Shadows'?

Maybe... >.>
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Nah, we've got all the time in the world, literally. When you don't die, don't really need to sleep, or bathe, or worry about socialization, or emotions then you can do just about anything you want. You wand-slingers always talk about superiority, but you're still grounded in the flesh and its desires.

Least I don't need a max level perk to not risk instantly bursting into flames everyday.

SHOTS FIRED!!
    #Team Occult
    See? The people know who is top. Vampires play the long game.

The count is more or less 50/50 but with a 1% vote in my favor at time of posting lol
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I do have the vamp pack. I has all the packs! I just will appreciate anything to do with casters more because it's what I want to play out on my sim. I did enjoy staking those undead folks though when I had the mod to do it (no offense ya'll...).
    egTcBMc.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    Witches, always and forever <3

Years I've waited, and then I had to - no offence - see those vampires come first, which I've played - mostly because they were the closest thing we had to magic lol. But now that the witches / casters / whatever are finally back, there can be no better one :love:

Sorry vampies, back to ye olde graves it is.

@Ceres_Meiriona agree with you btw, about the taking / manipulating energy. I look at it quite similarly.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2019
    Vampires Always Vin
    I'm a sucker for vampires. I love them in every way possible. They both have good game play but I have to choose vampires because I love them more. They are just so dark and gothic.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I do have the vamp pack. I has all the packs! I just will appreciate anything to do with casters more because it's what I want to play out on my sim. I did enjoy staking those undead folks though when I had the mod to do it (no offense ya'll...).

GASP! Staking?!
    Maddison and Rhosyn have been alerted of your treasonous activity. ;) LOL <3 One favors brute force, the other more... subtle manipulations. ;) Better pepper spray your potion room with garlic sauce! LOL
    tumblr_pspflsqGCD1vorh5do1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p2tppvA4781vorh5do2_1280.jpg

My caster married Caleb Vatore. Occults are just awesome!
    tumblr_pxockiO3Xo1vorh5do2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

GASP! Staking?!
    Maddison and Rhosyn have been alerted of your treasonous activity. ;) LOL <3 One favors brute force, the other more... subtle manipulations. ;) Better pepper spray your potion room with garlic sauce! LOL
    tumblr_pspflsqGCD1vorh5do1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p2tppvA4781vorh5do2_1280.jpg

My caster married Caleb Vatore. Occults are just awesome!
    tumblr_pxockiO3Xo1vorh5do2_1280.jpg

BWAHAHAH I'll set your scrawny butt on fire hell spawn!
    (Pretend to see colorful photos here... okay I lose)..
    egTcBMc.png
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Vampires Always Vin

The count is more or less 50/50 but with a 1% vote in my favor at time of posting lol

That's only because you keep casting Duplicato to stack the votes.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited December 2021
    Spellcasters, I have this whole hierarchy when it comes to magic and supernatural beings.

Spellcasters are part of the ruling class
    Elven/Nymphs/Fairies I’m not sure I want them to be more like deities. So maybe they’ll rise over spellcasters, but I prefer to be a spellcaster.
    Werewolves
    Mermans
    Orcs/Ogres
    Minotaurs and satyrs
    Vampires and Daemons
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif

That's only because you keep casting Duplicato to stack the votes.

BAHAHA! I almost spit coffee all over my screen. You two are cracking me up.

@Hermitgirl I feel like we should be piled on a merry-go-round shouting, "Faster, faster, we need another caster!" LOLOL I'm not sure what the vampire chant would be, though. :taps chin: "Faster, faster, we need a new cadaver?" Somehow, I feel that doesn't quite do my beloved vampires justice, though. lol Ah well, always a pleasure to razz y'all a bit, though. ;)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    *jumps on the Casters merry-go-round*
    (look, I don't have the Vamps pack. it's only not on the bottom of my GP wishlist because JA exists. I've seen tons of gameplay videos from a ton of sources and well, it's still there. Fair play to anyone who enjoys the pack & everything vampire, I just... don't.)
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    EDIT: Also not counting glitches RoM just came out and dlc or mmo updates always tend to be buggy first week

why not though? DLC for this game tends to be buggy for a lot longer than a week. And sometimes the amount of bugs even increases over time (as with Vampires.) So I'm not sure if I could make a decision barring bugs.

All things considered, I think I prefer the spellcasters to vampires. Both are ridiculously powerful, but the spellcasters seem a bit harder to abuse, thanks to that overcharge system. Plus, I feel like their abilities are a tad bit more creative than vampire powers are. With vampires, a lot of the powers seem like "branded" versions of cheats or other traits that had already existed in the game as opposed to something new and unique.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I mean vampires are great, I mean who doesn't love a Bloody Mary, but how can you compare that with a cauldron of
    macaroni and cheese.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I mean vampires are great, I mean who doesn't love a Bloody Mary, but how can you compare that with a cauldron of
    macaroni and cheese.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    This is a real close race for me. I love both, but since casters can fill up their needs with a potion that only takes an apple to make, they win this one.
    Stutum wrote: »
    This is a real close race for me. I love both, but since casters can fill up their needs with a potion that only takes an apple to make, they win this one.

Might be a ref to Apple a day keeps doctor away.
    I will say, Caleb seems to be making quick work of the spell casters he comes across in my game. LOL
    tumblr_pxqqgc0XhX1vorh5do1_1280.jpg
  • Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    I am enjoying being a spell caster more than playing a vampire.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member

I was thinking along those lines as well. xD
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    But I still LOVE some vampires, I plan on my witchy sim marrying a vampire (since in 3 they were almost shunned from doing so especially if they were famous) so my new witchy sim just started dating Izzy Fabulous (he is a grand master in my game and looks a bit different after his change to immortality) can't wait for them to marry and see what kind of kids they get.

I was thinking along those lines as well. xD

Glad you can't become addicted to that potion and have like needs drain faster lol
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    Vampires Always Vin
    I do prefer Vampire because they had unique powers unlike RoM's spellcasters.
    Drago97232 wrote: »
    I do prefer Vampire because they had unique powers unlike RoM's spellcasters.

unknown.png

Murray would like a few words in private with you...