Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RoM General conversation

Comments

• I don’t know how some of you are moving through the pack so quickly my poor spellcaster only knows a few things so far after playing for hours and hours :D

I am navigating through the pack with a little story in mind though so that helps. My sim lives off the grid in a cottage that is only half built and falling apart. Trying to fix it up slowly without a 9-5 job. When I learned the cleaning spell I removed cob webs and icky wall/floor paint. When I learned repair spell I removed the cracks and holes in the walls. As if she’s doing it herself. Can’t wait until potion prices are fixed because money is the main struggle right now! Also she made good friends with Simeon before asking to learn magic. He’s been helping her with practical but in the meantime she’s now enemies with L. Morgyn doesn’t like L. either and mostly just because he thinks it’s funny he’s now training my sim in untamed magic hopefully so she can beat L. in a duel.

I’m having tons of fun anyway and it’s definitely inspired me to play with the sillier aspects of the sims that have never belonged in my suburban save files. :)

Im not a fast mover either :)<3@miss_simlish
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Simmify wrote: »
    I don't like that my sims can die from casting too much? Better keep an eye on it.

There is a 50/50 chance of dying by Overcharge and you can use a rank 1 perk Discharge to dispell it. But it takes like ten real minutes to cast it again so wait till you get overloaded moodlet oryour familiar warns you (or says "Oh boy your gonna die SWEET" if using the skull...)

Wow, I mustn't be using enough magic, I haven't come close to overcharging yet, although I did get the one that said charged which was cool, I discharged because I was scared lol. But I'm having an absolute blast with this pack, so many funny moments too, like when my Zeus must have bought himself a broom when I rotated, when I came back to play him, by big 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Zeus gets on the broom to go somewhere and promtply falls off lol I'm like "Where'd you get that man??"
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • emmamoanaemmamoana Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey everyone
    I have the problem that my sim is on the highest level of spellcasting and even got lots more of the bonus points but I miss one spell in each category and can’t seem to learn them somehow. I’m always being told that I need to practice more but when I do so it tells me I know everything there is on this stage and that I need a higher rank. But there is none. Is it a huge bug or am I missing something??
    Thanks in advance
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I don’t know how some of you are moving through the pack so quickly my poor spellcaster only knows a few things so far after playing for hours and hours :D

I am navigating through the pack with a little story in mind though so that helps. My sim lives off the grid in a cottage that is only half built and falling apart. Trying to fix it up slowly without a 9-5 job. When I learned the cleaning spell I removed cob webs and icky wall/floor paint. When I learned repair spell I removed the cracks and holes in the walls. As if she’s doing it herself. Can’t wait until potion prices are fixed because money is the main struggle right now! Also she made good friends with Simeon before asking to learn magic. He’s been helping her with practical but in the meantime she’s now enemies with L. Morgyn doesn’t like L. either and mostly just because he thinks it’s funny he’s now training my sim in untamed magic hopefully so she can beat L. in a duel.

I’m having tons of fun anyway and it’s definitely inspired me to play with the sillier aspects of the sims that have never belonged in my suburban save files. :)

I cheated, for the right reasons, my starter spell casters are suppose to be highly ranked spell casters at the beginning of the story.

I created a magical cathedral with a library dungeon underneath it in the Realm of Magic where all the tomes are. And so I sent my spell casters on an adventure into the cathedral for three sim days to gather their powers together so when they ware to emerge the most powerful Mages to have ever lived.

So I cheated but still worked hard to get to those tomes because I didn’t want to follow the story they provided. I kind of made the Sages the enemy, keepers of The Temple, who kept the tomes under heavy guard. So my sims had to fight through them to get to to the tomes. Once defeated my Darker spell caster brainwashed the three of them and my sims became the Arch Mage and Mage with the underneath them sages now loyal to them.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    emmamoana wrote: »
    Hey everyone
    I have the problem that my sim is on the highest level of spellcasting and even got lots more of the bonus points but I miss one spell in each category and can’t seem to learn them somehow. I’m always being told that I need to practice more but when I do so it tells me I know everything there is on this stage and that I need a higher rank. But there is none. Is it a huge bug or am I missing something??
    Thanks in advance

The sages will tell you that you are not high enough level when they have nothing more to teach you. If you have one from each missing check if you are asking 'teach me practical magic', or 'teach me the ultimate practical spell'. I'm thinking you just have the final spell of each left and need to choose the special interaction.
    Thank you. I will try that and tell you if it worked
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    My sim has died and gotten 3 curses 🤦‍♀️ I need to learn that Decursify spell.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

It worked. Thank you so much.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

It took me forever to learn it. Try shops
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

It took me forever to learn it. Try shops

I have been, have you figured out when the shops restock?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

@AquaGamer1212 One I keep thinking of Aqua the Keyblade Master from Kingdom Hearts and Two no
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • ITo7mITo7m Posts: 6 New Member
    Sorry to ask but I can’t start my own threads... lol

Anyway. Anyone know where to get glimmerstones if you accidentally destroy one? They also vanish if you upload a sim to the gallery and I’m hoping we can buy them back?

—T
    ITo7m wrote: »

Anyway. Anyone know where to get glimmerstones if you accidentally destroy one? They also vanish if you upload a sim to the gallery and I’m hoping we can buy them back?

—T

You lose em you lose em.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member

—T

I'm wondering about that too. Not because I destroyed my Glimmerstone, but because my original Sim was friends with Emelia (one of the Charm household) and Emelia weirdly died from cold at the fleamarket. So when Rosemary learned Dedeathify, I used it to resurect Emelia, and then had her move in (since she didn't have a home) and become Rosemary's apprentice.

Except she doesn't have a glimmerstone and didn't get one when we returned to the Realm of magic. Her magic level was reset too, and I didn't play long enough after her return to get her to the first tier of magical power, so I'm not sure if she'd get one when she gets there. Rosemary started as a spellcaster.

Of course, I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to play with Rosemary, as she's mastered all the spells and as she's just a test sim I don't really have a story for her. I have one other sim in the save that I'm going to run through the magic realm to actually experience the normal Sim becomes a Mage bit, and then I'm probably going to switch to my legacy and start all over with magic.

Btw, I know aliens can't become spellcasters, but has anyone tried it with a half-alien yet?
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Btw, I know aliens can't become spellcasters, but has anyone tried it with a half-alien yet?

I have half alien casters.

Anyone noticed that familiars make sounds when summoned?
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I did try a hybrid of a witch and vampire. The biggest issues is that you can't see charge (that part gets removed for the vampire part), but you can see all your witch talents/perks and have access to your spellbook. The ability to see your vampire perks though is removed. Everything else works though. So you basically have to give up your vampire powers, keep your witch ones, and be careful to watch for moodlets as you can't see your charge.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2019
    @fadingaudio do you get to edit the vamp form in CAS? I remember seeing (with other lifestates) that with hybrids, you only keep the ability to edit one of them, but since Spellcasters don't have that, I'm guessing that's not an issue?
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    Well at the beginning before she learn the transportalate spell she was always riding her broom to the top of the house in Windenburg and getting stuck. Now thank goodness she's not p.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2019

—T

You lose em you lose em.

You can get a replacement from the sages. It tells you this in the glimmerstone's description.
  • Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    Does anyone know if there’s a cheat for the broom flying or spells
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    @fadingaudio do you get to edit the vamp form in CAS? I remember seeing (with other lifestates) that with hybrids, you only keep the ability to edit one of them, but since Spellcasters don't have that, I'm guessing that's not an issue?

It's not. I could edit her vampire form, remove it, or change her into it. Surprisingly the functionality works pretty well I haven't had issues like I do with Alien/vampire. That being said the lack of access to vampire perks is hard to swallow. The charged state isn't such a big deal as moodlets seem to be enough for me to not die, but it sucks not having access to sunlight perks or any vampire weaknesses. That being said I do get full range of spells. I'm kind of hoping that it's possible to clone some of the witch spells to be able to apply them to the mermaid life state.

I've been working on modding more (not used to working in python) because I have a lot of desire to have more fleshed out supernaturals. I haven't tried a mermaid/witch yet, but I'm thinking that a mermaid/witch might actually be pretty compatible as there is no second form to mess up editing that and mermaids don't really have a significant change to their UI like vampires do. So most parts from both should be accessible.

It's not. I could edit her vampire form, remove it, or change her into it. Surprisingly the functionality works pretty well I haven't had issues like I do with Alien/vampire. That being said the lack of access to vampire perks is hard to swallow. The charged state isn't such a big deal as moodlets seem to be enough for me to not die, but it plum not having access to sunlight perks or any vampire weaknesses. That being said I do get full range of spells. I'm kind of hoping that it's possible to clone some of the witch spells to be able to apply them to the mermaid life state.

I've been working on modding more (not used to working in python) because I have a lot of desire to have more fleshed out supernaturals. I haven't tried a mermaid/witch yet, but I'm thinking that a mermaid/witch might actually be pretty compatible as there is no second form to mess up editing that and mermaids don't really have a significant change to their UI like vampires do. So most parts from both should be accessible.

Have you tried manually adding points and the perks/weaknesses you want, through the cheat menu? It's a bit finicky to add each one but that's how I've done it in the past with hybrids. I usually just add a couple and leave it at that, on the basis that a hybrid wouldn't have full powers.

https://sims-online.com/sims-4-vampires-cheats-powers-skills/
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

It's not. I could edit her vampire form, remove it, or change her into it. Surprisingly the functionality works pretty well I haven't had issues like I do with Alien/vampire. That being said the lack of access to vampire perks is hard to swallow. The charged state isn't such a big deal as moodlets seem to be enough for me to not die, but it plum not having access to sunlight perks or any vampire weaknesses. That being said I do get full range of spells. I'm kind of hoping that it's possible to clone some of the witch spells to be able to apply them to the mermaid life state.

Kinda makes me wish I had IL so I could see if the spellcaster needs panel will just incorporate hydration or not bother with it. From the way the vampire one works, you might lose the charge again though :/ Alien/spellcaster should keep everything as is though, since there's no overlap, I believe?

Did all the interactions still work for both the lifestates? I mean, did your hybrid Sim still have the vamp interactions or do they lose those?
    (if they keep them, the trick would be to have a vampire have all the possible skills you want them to have before becoming a spellcaster)

Sorry, asking a ton of q's. Just curious about how the prioritization works and I don't have any other occult packs besides RoM so I can't test it myself.
    And this is why we can't make hybrids without much effort or modding