Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

About new Sims automatically added during a long game

Hi! I am playing a very long legacy game, and I have noticed that newly added Sims are all yellow or brown in race, very few black, and no whites whatsoever. There is obviously an algorithm, and I can only assume that it was done by design, because most of the original Sim characters are white, and so to add some diversity during the game. But now, when all the original characters have died out, there are no new white Sims added. Since there is obviously an algorithm which determines the new added Sims' race, then I think it should make all races equal, and create 25% white, 25% yellow, 25% brown, and 25 % black new Sims during the game.

Comments

• jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2019
    There was this ambiguous note in the latest patch:

"Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed."

Judging by your scenario (I haven't played enough to test this myself) it could mean "the game generates less white sims"
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2019
    The game tends to have problems with balancing sims from different packs when it is generating new sims. Which has lead previously to things like a lot city living sims getting spawned and lately too many Island Living sims.

You can usually tell what type of sim it is by their names. Base Game sims, City Living sims, Island Living sims etc have separate lists for their names.

Maybe you are not getting many base game sims in your game.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The algorithm to generate sims is terrible. It is one reason I manually fill all the houses myself.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The algorithm to generate sims is terrible. It is one reason I manually fill all the houses myself.

It's true. For example, the format of the families that are created by the game are always the same. A single parent with child, One adult, one child, and a teen, etc. There isn't much variety.

On the bright side, after years of dealing with Sim with mainly Asian or Indian names, the issue has finally been fixed.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
    I've been playing this legacy game from the very beginning, it is 14th generation right now, but not all of it was in this game, only from 10th to 14th generation. It is sad that I need to be restarting it over time, because newly added Sims are always boring, and my Sims don't have someone interesting to socialize with or marry to, and because the game is getting buggy. When Sims are stucking, when they won't clean, when they are passing through locked doors, when kitchen dishes are floating in the air, and when my Sim who is forever full is getting hungry, maybe it is the time for a fresh new start once again.