Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I don't have the patience to raise kids. If my female sims have a baby, they'll be moved to live with their dad.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about burglars- and think that 99% of people who claim they do are just repeating it as a result of an internet echo chamber when in reality it wouldn't enrich their gameplay as much as they think it would.

Thank you! I played The Sims 3 for over a thousand hours and burglars showed up like a dozen times. If they added burglars back to TS4 they’d either be equally rare or common enough to be a massive pain. Or they’d be stupidly common at first and then they’d get nerfed and both decisions would be equally controversial.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I wouldn't mind burglars coming back as it does add to gameplay for me and it adds to an way to keep an Sim from getting too rich. Sims 4 is too complacent for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I don’t remember burglars ever stealing anything particularly valuable tbh.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I don’t remember burglars ever stealing anything particularly valuable tbh.

I had a burglar steal a car in Sims 2 - it was devastating for my poor Sims BUT it made for an interesting twist to their story which is why:

I miss burglars and want them to return.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    73.6% of all forum discourse consists of passive-aggressive remarks aimed at irritating people in the other camp.

Lol :p
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'll keep anything I add to this to one concept per post. I probably do have some unpopular opinions.

One of them is that I actually like the FX scenery. I can understand the complaints about how it doesn't work for historic saves and I agree with that. I currently haven't bothered with playing in other historic eras because I would need complete consistency for that.

I find the FX scenery immersive and I kind of use it as a prompt for influencing the sims that live in a given neighborhood. What's going on in those houses or buildings? I'm happy enough to wonder about it but to just focus on those that are playable.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Having said that, I do like having more playable lots than fewer. That's not really unpopular. I said I'm ok with FX but I still like having more lots. I'm ok with having different sizes to work with, just give me more including some pre-built and some blanks. I can take it from there.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2019
    My unpopular opinions:

Sims 4 is the best of the series for it's Live Mode Play (the only mode I play in, hence it being my favourite of all the games.)

My First Pet is one of the best stuff packs.

The worst packs are bowling night (Stuff), Spa Day & Vampires ( for Game, couldn't decide between the two) and City Living for Expansion.

The most fun way to play is with 3-7 toddlers in a household.

I do NOT want to see a return of turn offs/turn ons.

I would way rather follow my Sims to Primary School than University

The Pack I want most to come to Sims 4 is World Adventures.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I think historical saves are boring.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I love Maxis premade Sims.

ME TOO! <3
  • gothiclandgrabbsgothiclandgrabbs Posts: 94 Member
    i dont want farming
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    73.6% of all forum discourse consists of passive-aggressive remarks aimed at irritating people in the other camp.
    I feel like it is over 90% for social media these days. I haven't understood it since I joined forums in 2015. It was very overwhelming joining seeing Romeo and Juliet like camps. I still to this day refuse to join one and stick to my own identity rather than a label. I do share play styles with some Simmers but they overlap differently for me than for others.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member

Lol it is what it is.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind burglars coming back as it does add to gameplay for me and it adds to an way to keep an Sim from getting too rich. Sims 4 is too complacent for me.

Do you have Get Famous? Sims can literally burn money or "make it rain"... much more reliable than the small chance of a burglar. More fun too.

• AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    I hate werewolves as an occult stage and I hope we don't see them in TS4.
  • Silver_Ghost925Silver_Ghost925 Posts: 40 Member
    Wish there was one more life stage between adult and elder. Or at least have different kinds of elder. Hate having my sims suddenly going from snack to raisin.
  • FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    I hate almost all Occult type Sims
    I love CAS and Build/Buy
    Base Sim families are boring
    Base Sim houses are ugly
    Island Paradise was useless
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights