March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the devs and the marketing team ever gonna stop this recurring problem?

13...Next

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The in game sims are so disappointing compared with the ones from the trailer.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think the marketing people responsible for the trailers often work separate to the team creating pre-mades to ship with the game. The trailer team seems to do their own thing for trailers (including creating animations that never exist in the game) so it will probably always be this way. Shame, the top and bottom sages on the left are much cooler than the ones on the right. Don't see a difference on Morgyn.

What was the problem with the dress in Get Famous?

The dress in-game vs. the dress in renders

UQceBCU.png

And them being different teams shouldn't make this much of a difference if there's any oversight on this stuff. Like someone should be checking this.

maxresdefault.jpg
    edited September 2019
    Only Morgyn looks like the trailer version (i know some of you are going to say that he doesn't look like the trailer one, like when you guys said Dela Ostrow doesn't look like the one in the renders, but come one guys... You can't compare something that was animated out of SIms 4 with something created inside Sims 4. Most renders have face expressions that do not exist inside the game, and it can change their faces a bit).
    4robqvuqeol31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=066dc1e89a40f26834e968412606bde0fa62c3a5

Full credit to this reddit thread.

Left are the sages in the trailer. Right are the sages in the actual game.

This is, somehow, even worse than what happened with Venessa Jeong's dress in Get Famous.

Listen, I'm trying really hard to give this game credit where it's due and not constantly be a whiny downer. But this kind of thing is really egregious. Who is running the show here? Why aren't these things caught? I honestly don't care what the answer is, these kind of easily avoidable gaffes need to stop being the norm.

I think that we have 4 sages, no?! I thought so... Practical, Mischief, Untamed and Alchemy, no?! Sorry, i haven't been able to play yet. If I am wrong, then whitewashing the black sage is REALLY racist. But yeah... L. Phaba definetely is a rip off.
    edited September 2019
    @logion someone WAS supposed to upload them to the maxis gallery, but.. huh.. they are yet to upload Moschino SP ones, wonder in each year we will be getting any ROM ones.
    Simanite wrote: »
    That second female hair looks just like one from the TS3 Store. Anyone remember?

@Simanite If they converted something from SIms 3/2, wouldn't be a problem for me. Only if they sold the hair as an alpha or instead of a new one, having both in the same pack is better then having just a new one. new one + nostalgic one = we have more than just one.
    But, huh, the other sim looks better in the RoM hairstyle than the one we got in the game. L. Phaba definitely can't rock that hairstyle.
    edited September 2019
    KittHaven wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »
    Morgan wasn't a sage at all in the trailer. The untamed sage was Aine. The trailer shows a past time when Morgan was just becoming a spellcaster. That is why the sages look different, because they are the sages of the present time. The ones in the trailer were sages in a past time.

I do hope all of the past sages end up on the gallery.

These sages were from the 'gameplay' trailer, though. If you watch it Morgyn is introduced as a sage along with those two, so the first trailer was the past when Morgyn was starting out with magic (you only see the sage who gives him his powers in that trailer) and then when you see all 3 sages together it's in the gameplay trailer (Morgyn included). Unless something happened to the other two and they were replaced!! (In the maxis gameplay stream they said when sages die, get married, etc, they get replaced automatically) However, I really hope they don't use that as an excuse because it's a bit of a lame one. :#

@KittHaven But the game should have had it more clear. Like, the other two retired sages being in a household on glimmerbrook or something that proves they retired isntead of vanishing from existence.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Lol this reminds me of that one Paranormal Activity trailer that was entirely made up of scenes that never made it into the final movie 😂😂

I knew something looked different about them - watch me being my usually attentive self.
  • CurolaCurola Posts: 86 Member
    First sage looks like she grew a lot older is desperately trying to hide this with a ton of makeup and eyeshadow (with no success). Maybe somebody should teach her that sometimes less eyeshadow is more and wearing too much makeup results in looking even older.

Third sage looks like he did some kind of youth spell that went a little bit wrong and had a dumb appearence as side effect. As a master of his spells he should have known how to do this correctly...
  • CelestialKestrelCelestialKestrel Posts: 7 New Member
    While I understand the cinematic trailer having different sages because really cinematic trailers are meant to sell an idea of the game, not the actual game. The fact that they're included in the gameplay trailer raises concerns for me since it's when it's meant to actually show you what's in game. They may of included a 'Not all images appear in-game' but that's a very open ended statement. That could mean like the poses and animations to anyone reading it without knowing the entire sims aren't in game. I'm pretty sure that is falling into the false advertising category since they misled us to believe the sages were going to look that well designed and be in game.

I love this game dearly but as the game develops it feels more and more rushed and very questionable corners are cut. I love the concepts the team are putting out but the quality and content just isn't there anymore. And while I love Realm of Magic the sheer amount of bugs I've found in one day of playing it + the feeling of being misled has really soured it for me. I just wish corners would stop being cut. Sims 4 has no date in mind of being stopped working on so shouldn't the team actually work more on the game instead of releasing constant broken packs.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I'm not surprised. It's a huckster's trick... making something look waaaaay better while it's for sale, but it resembles little to what was displayed by the time you've paid for it and opened it up at home.
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    This is so odd. I'm curious why they switched them. Well the original ones definitely looked much more interesting.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited September 2019
    I was playing in the magic realm yesterday and noticed something was... off, about the top and bottom sages and couldn't put my finger on it.

Then I see this thread and it all makes sense now LOOOLLLL
    What in the world happened, Maxis????
    // take me back to 2018.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I thought the other two were randomly generated and Morgyn was the only definite one from the trailer...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    I thought the other two were randomly generated and Morgyn was the only definite one from the trailer...

Yeah that's what I was thinking too, but at the same time I was telling myself "Nah, they'd never randomly generate sims with that much influence"
    // take me back to 2018.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Haven't they not been doing this ever since The Sims 2 and even The Sims 3? Why we complaining about this now?

the-sims-2-deluxe.jpg.adapt_.crop191x100.628p.jpg

Yeah, but you could make pretty darn good sims in 2!

vE7Dx4i.png

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited September 2019
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Haven't they not been doing this ever since The Sims 2 and even The Sims 3? Why we complaining about this now?

the-sims-2-deluxe.jpg.adapt_.crop191x100.628p.jpg

Yeah, but you could make pretty darn good sims in 2!

vE7Dx4i.png

That's CC hun.... with CC they made good sims in any game
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2019
    Karon wrote: »
    Only Morgyn looks like the trailer version (i know some of you are going to say that he doesn't look like the trailer one, like when you guys said Dela Ostrow doesn't look like the one in the renders, but come one guys... You can't compare something that was animated out of SIms 4 with something created inside Sims 4. Most renders have face expressions that do not exist inside the game, and it can change their faces a bit).
    4robqvuqeol31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=066dc1e89a40f26834e968412606bde0fa62c3a5

Full credit to this reddit thread.

Left are the sages in the trailer. Right are the sages in the actual game.

This is, somehow, even worse than what happened with Venessa Jeong's dress in Get Famous.

Listen, I'm trying really hard to give this game credit where it's due and not constantly be a whiny downer. But this kind of thing is really egregious. Who is running the show here? Why aren't these things caught? I honestly don't care what the answer is, these kind of easily avoidable gaffes need to stop being the norm.

I think that we have 4 sages, no?! I thought so... Practical, Mischief, Untamed and Alchemy, no?! Sorry, i haven't been able to play yet. If I am wrong, then whitewashing the black sage is REALLY racist. But yeah... L. Phaba definetely is a rip off.

It's not the same Morgyn. The one on left (trailer) has painted eyelashes, the one on the right has eyeliner top lid and bottom. Cheeks are not as full, eye shape slightly changed due to using different eye/one with lashes on left, eyeliner on right, different more femine, tweezed eyebrows on right. I get the vibe Morgyn is male from the trailer picture, I get the vibe Morgyn is female on the right. Not the same Morgyn. And different skin tone. TS4 lighting problem that turns all skin colors, (in game) yellowish/green tint.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think the marketing people responsible for the trailers often work separate to the team creating pre-mades to ship with the game. The trailer team seems to do their own thing for trailers (including creating animations that never exist in the game) so it will probably always be this way. Shame, the top and bottom sages on the left are much cooler than the ones on the right. Don't see a difference on Morgyn.

What was the problem with the dress in Get Famous?

The dress in-game vs. the dress in renders

UQceBCU.png

And them being different teams shouldn't make this much of a difference if there's any oversight on this stuff. Like someone should be checking this.

Same with Candy Bher's Hair in Get Together.... ahaha The in-game one looks like trash.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I can't help but wonder that the reason why there is so much difference between what is advertised and what we are getting in the game is because their teams are working on separate builds of the game and they have no way of transferring files to each other or does not know which items are gonna end up in the final version.
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    This is soooooo true. I always roll my eyes when they make it seem in the trailer that the worlds are lively and full of cool looking townies doing stuff that actually makes sense, when in reality what we usually get are neighbourhoods with a couple of randomly generated townies with awful fashion sense standing around.

I know this is how marketing usually works but for some reason I find it a bit too egregious with TS4.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    I've never expected trailers to provide a realistic look at the game. Only raw gameplay video can really do that.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited September 2019
    They are SO bad. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Not using the trailer sims isn't even the most egregious offence, it is serving us sims like that.
    I genuinely believe they were randomised. I can't see one original feature on their faces.
    Put some effort into the premades or don't make them at all, they're a feature of the game as well, don't forget.

(Morgyn is excluded from this, Morgyn is a babe
    ... His outfits are still subject to criticism though, the bun and the sleepwear need explanations, at least.)

I don't know what is going on with the houses and the sims in our latest packs, it's amusing but I don't like it.