Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pillar growing up a level?

XmHDNMS.png

Anyone understand why after the update the pillars are GROWING upwards after placing it?
fT4P3EZ.jpg
♥ Learn to Love Yourself

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't understand why, but I know how to fix it. Just draw a small, random wall somewhere that isn't connected to any others and all the columns in the lot will go back to normal size. Delete and be done with it. The only flaw is that when you re-open the game you have to do it again.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Yeah this has been happening ever since the patch. If you change wall heights to medium, and then back down again they should adjust to 1st height level like normal.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Yeah, it's a new bug. Not much we can do aside from putting the walls up and down to be a temporary fix. You can hit "me too" on the Answers HQ site as well as post your findings. Hopefully they'll fix it :(
  • Options
    FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    Thank you guys for your quick responses!
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself
  • Options
    blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    I'm having the same problem. I just put the walls up a level, then back down and the pillars went back to normal height.
  • Options
    Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    I'm experiencing the same issue, I'll try the walls up and down solution.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    There's an even easier solution: Just place the pillar and recolour it. It will have the correct height then.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    It's a bug nearly everyone is having. There are actually a few ways to fix it. As some said, you can draw a wall, or recolor the pillar. You don't actually have to change the color just click the already selected swatch. Another way is to raise the foundation then click undo, and it will fix them as well. I think the foundation thing is easiest because you can fix them all at once. I've also noticed when you place a lot from your library, the columns do the same thing.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel