Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Beginner's guide

Comments

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    A big THANK YOU for this!!!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • JS444444JS444444 Posts: 3 New Member
    Some of the objects in this pack are very pretty, but I really wish you'd add matching kitchen cabinets and a bathtub. I'm tired of these furniture sets that are so incomplete that I can never use them. The tiny neighborhoods in recent packs and lack of decent lots to build on are frustrating. I like to build large homes, but still want some space for landscaping. The overgrown greenhouse is stunning, but I was so disappointed to find out that it's not a set we can build with. It is nice to see one hairstyle for men that I like (the wavy one). Good male hairstyles are definitely something we need more of.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    i have been having problems with the potions also..if you make them and put them on something a few hours later you can't pick them up again.. even if you do the buydebug or hiddenobjects it just don't work....
  • SiimbleAnyaSiimbleAnya Posts: 14 New Member
    This is the most AMAZING pack! I love how you have to gather or buy ingredients in order to make the potions and how cool the animations are. My sims are so sparkly! Magic is the best thing ever! Also I'm wondering if it's just something that came with this pack or maybe a new feature in a mod I got.. but I got a message that "certified" that my new baby was healthy! Pretty cool. The baby also had this cute animation when refusing a bottle that I've never noticed before. I've been having so much fun ever since this pack came out.
  • HollowHexagonHollowHexagon Posts: 5 New Member
    The little familiars are so cute, the owl is my favourite! Everything they added in build mode is great as well, going to be a lot of fun to do new builds with the stained glass.
  • SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    This is the most AMAZING pack! I love how you have to gather or buy ingredients in order to make the potions and how cool the animations are. My sims are so sparkly! Magic is the best thing ever! Also I'm wondering if it's just something that came with this pack or maybe a new feature in a mod I got.. but I got a message that "certified" that my new baby was healthy! Pretty cool. The baby also had this cute animation when refusing a bottle that I've never noticed before. I've been having so much fun ever since this pack came out.

Which mod is that?
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    On this, the release day of The Sims™ 4: Realm of Magic* on PC and Mac, Simmers and Sages shall gather together to perform the savoriest of Spells, concoct perfectly precious potions, and find formidable familiars.

Just in time, we have unearthed The Beginner’s Guide to the Realm of Magic, an ancient – albeit digital – tome for aspiring Spellcasters navigating the world beyond the portal. Click here to find answers to many practical questions before your Sim tries their hand at practical magic.

tcl7xlmowwm2.png

Yasss! I am bookmarking this for when I get my copy! Thank you :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • yasi881998yasi881998 Posts: 22 New Member
    When will realm of magic be able to be added to the build a bundle on origin?
  • HartteHartte Posts: 1 New Member
    So far this is one of the better packs! Some of the potions make it too easy to play but overall the content is highly enjoyable. It took me a little while to figure out how to get the items needed for the potions but the garden in the magic realm eventually had the plants I was missing.
  • angie0422angie0422 Posts: 2 New Member
    awesome pack! but the spell herbio that ive unlocked isnt showing up on plants and such when i click on magic. does anyone know why?
  • IllandryaIllandrya Posts: 87 Member
    I had wondered the same thing myself. Herbio needs to be used directly on the ground to spawn a new plant. It doesn’t help with existing plants.
    I have an urgent question, what makes more sense to buy Realm of Magic or Vampires?
    > @floridameerkat said:
    > Does anyone know how having/making a cat or dog as a familiar works?

I dont think that is possible since you cant interact with the familiars in any big way
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    yasi881998 wrote: »
    I have an urgent question, what makes more sense to buy Realm of Magic or Vampires?

Which ever occult appeals to you most :) Both are very fun.
    > @CelSims said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Which ever occult appeals to you most :) Both are very fun.
    Well thats the thing I like both but im not sure quality/quantity wise which is better
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Personal choice depending on your play style.
    Vampires can be fun but restrictive to play.
    Spellcasters / Realm of Magic / is less restrictive and more flexible to play.
    Both have really cool build/buy items.

Thankss
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    > @floridameerkat said:
    > Does anyone know how having/making a cat or dog as a familiar works?
    I don't think that is possible since you cant interact with the familiars in any big way
    @floridameerkat @yasi881998
    You are correct there are no direct interactions with the familiars in #TS4RealmOfMagic and they only hover over your Sim.
    It was confirmed the pets from #TS4CatsandDogs can become familiars.
    Normal interactions with cats and dogs are still there but they are a designated familiar.

> @EuphorialQueen said:
    > (Quote)
    > @floridameerkat @yasi881998
    > You are correct there are no direct interactions with the familiars in #TS4RealmOfMagic and they only hover over your Sim.
    > It was confirmed the pets from #TS4CatsandDogs can become familiars.
    > Normal interactions with cats and dogs are still there but they are a designated familiar.

Oh ok cool i didnt know that haha
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »
    On this, the release day of The Sims™ 4: Realm of Magic* on PC and Mac, Simmers and Sages shall gather together to perform the savoriest of Spells, concoct perfectly precious potions, and find formidable familiars.

Just in time, we have unearthed The Beginner’s Guide to the Realm of Magic, an ancient – albeit digital – tome for aspiring Spellcasters navigating the world beyond the portal. Click here to find answers to many practical questions before your Sim tries their hand at practical magic.

tcl7xlmowwm2.png

Thank you for this guide 💕 I am yet to get ROM. I must wait until next Thursday as I get paid fortnightly 😔 I really find guides helpful 👌
    rnKEhBT.png
    edited September 2019
    Teens seem to be protected from Death by Overcharging, unless mine is just the Charmed One.

Edit: and right after I posted that. he died from Over charge xD
  • VyStarlitVyStarlit Posts: 74 Member
    I have a question. Is your sim able to learn all the spells or is there a limit?
    VyStarlit wrote: »
    I have a question. Is your sim able to learn all the spells or is there a limit?

You can learn all of them and gain all the perks too.
  • EmpressEllieEmpressEllie Posts: 38 Member
    I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but does anyone have any idea on when realm of magic will be available for build a bundle?