Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

no new whims in realm of magic

and once again a pack with no new whims I wonder if sims 5 will have any at all :/:'(
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    and once again a pack with no new whims I wonder if sims 5 will have any at all :/:'(

they slowly killed the "fears" before! Turning the "wants" into whims was just the first signal that they are going to remove them completely in the future, which makes me sad... It was such a good thing in the game back in SIms 2. Sims 3 was kinda good too, but I felt the lack of fears. Some sims jsut deserve their lives to be a nightmare! Also, whims in sims 4 made no sense. While in Sims 2 they followed our sims aspirations and memories (+ sometimes used to help us use new features added in DLCs), in Sims 3 the traits and the lifetime aspiration + careers, but in SIms 4 they are there just to tell us to use the stuff from the new DLC. Now it doesn't even have any new additions to it, as seen. urgh... i hate when the devs rather delete a feature instead of making it better, because deleting and pretending it never existed costs less effort and money.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes the whims in the game could use some work but I still really liked them and didn't want to see them go
    I wish they would reconsider @karon
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    yes the whims in the game could use some work but I still really liked them and didn't want to see them go
    I wish they would reconsider @karon

me too, i know how you are feeling @comicsforlife it wasn't the best feature it could be, but it was better than nothing...
  • Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I loved playing with whims. :'(
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited September 2019
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    I loved playing with whims. :'(
    Last time I checked, you could turn them back on in the options menu. But they are disabled by default, which indicates how much interest the developers still have in this feature. Which means no new ones for new packs.

I don't really miss them. The whims where too random to be interesting. Too bad they are not tied to aspirations and memories like the wants and fears back in sims 2.

they are tied to aspirations although not the new ones thanks to the no new whims @Atreya33
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The teams couldn't get the tuning right is my guess. And adding more whims to the ones we had from past packs wasn't working out. Such as the bee box one from Seasons. But the whims, even the ones I dislike, are good for building aspiration points for the aspiration reward traits when starting out with a new Sim. The buyables can be deleted after a couple Sim hours. But I turn off the whims once I have purchased the traits I want my Sims to have. And if you have Cats and Dogs there is no need to have whims at all since you can 'Feel The Love' twice per Sim day and gain four hundred aspiration points which is a lot more fun than buying another bee box or a 1x1 pool. :)
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The teams couldn't get the tuning right is my guess. And adding more whims to the ones we had from past packs wasn't working out. Such as the bee box one from Seasons. But the whims, even the ones I dislike, are good for building aspiration points for the aspiration reward traits when starting out with a new Sim. The buyables can be deleted after a couple Sim hours. But I turn off the whims once I have purchased the traits I want my Sims to have. And if you have Cats and Dogs there is no need to have whims at all since you can 'Feel The Love' twice per Sim day and gain four hundred aspiration points which is a lot more fun than buying another bee box or a 1x1 pool. :)

I just liked doing things the sim wanted to do @Paigeisin5 I never cared about the points
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I did too when the game was new. But as I said, the tuning which controls how often, and in what situations, the whims pop up, got borked around the same time as Seasons was released. There are a couple of mods out there that alter the tuning on whims and make them more relevant to situations such as romance, family members or even going to a party. And these mods also do away with most of the whims to purchase items our Sims already have or don't need. https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/ has a lot of good mods and I use many of them. She has even added some whims to include activities from Island Living. She was the modder that came up with the leaf pile fix ages before EA got around to fixing that problem. I am going to use the whimoverhaul mod as soon as I get an update or replacement for a mod that is currently conflicting with the whim mod.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I did too when the game was new. But as I said, the tuning which controls how often, and in what situations, the whims pop up, got borked around the same time as Seasons was released. There are a couple of mods out there that alter the tuning on whims and make them more relevant to situations such as romance, family members or even going to a party. And these mods also do away with most of the whims to purchase items our Sims already have or don't need. https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/ has a lot of good mods and I use many of them. She has even added some whims to include activities from Island Living. She was the modder that came up with the leaf pile fix ages before EA got around to fixing that problem. I am going to use the whimoverhaul mod as soon as I get an update or replacement for a mod that is currently conflicting with the whim mod.

I love Bienchen's mods and I'm grateful for the whimoverhaul mod - love that one in particular. I'm hoping at some point she'll be able to add some RoM whims to it.