Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I feel like Maxis is ending the series on The Sims 4

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited September 2019
    Has everyone forgotten the sims Online? No? That’s because it flopped.

The sims 4 was going to be an online game but after sim city flopped they changed tactics and that’s half the games issue.
    That being said, I do agree multiplayer games are in huge demand in some genres. Not all. A game that swept the board of various international gaming awards was a single player game which just goes to prove EA are wrong when they said “single player games are dead” what did EA get at these various awards? Nothing.

EA want their games online, preferably in a paid subscription service or with “fun surprise mechanics” aka loot boxes. But that is not the way for all developers. My Husband is a game dev for a huge AAA company and their focus is not solely multiplayer.

Would EA be stupid enough to make the sims online in the future? Possibly. But then again that would require the player base to have excellent technology and internet and they risk alienating fans. Again.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Baglamukhi wrote: »
    oof i hope not. we deserve a better sims game!!!
    open world, multitasking, emotions, the color wheel and all that jazz

More like:
    "open world, multitasking, emotions, the color wheel and all that jazz" <3o:)
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    Its a new IP so its not Sims
    Sims are Lit
  • LilacxLilacx Posts: 76 Member
    I am sure the sims 5 will be a thing. They make so much money on the sims, recycling the same idea over and over again because people will buy it anyway. I just hope that once Sims 5 will be released it will be better and less buggy. Right now it feels like they are trying to pump out as much things for the sims 4 as possible.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I mean I'd be fine with it if they released a remastered version of sims 2 and called it a day. But I doubt the sims will end on five. We'll have to wait and see though.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Maxis seem to have gone quiet on the Legacy Game so maybe they are thinking of bringing Sims 4 to an end or have University as the last before the Legacy game comes out. Packs and free stuff coming out in a rush lately adds to bugs in my opinion, rather like Sims 3 before it ended.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lilacx wrote: »
    I am sure the sims 5 will be a thing. They make so much money on the sims, recycling the same idea over and over again because people will buy it anyway. I just hope that once Sims 5 will be released it will be better and less buggy. Right now it feels like they are trying to pump out as much things for the sims 4 as possible.
    If they are trying to pump out as much things for sims 4 as possible, then what's make you think Sims 5 would be better as they would do same as Sims 4, and Sims 3, so go on before, pump out as much thing and still there bug here and there. Or so I thoughts, based my experience not just this game but other kind type of game as well, sometime gameplay often better or worse when new game part 2 or 3 or 7.

What I was trying to said, they could be making sims 5 worst or same even it's may not similar but same issues, or new issues or back to old issues, so go on
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The thing about The Sims 4 is...

A new pack was released earlier this week, right?

Less than one week after launch people are already talking about the next content...

Back in the day a new pack would be released and for at least a couple of months players would talk about that pack and that pack only. No hardly ever had anyone ask 'when is the next EP' just after one was launched. If anyone did ask then they would have been laughed at.

Yet I remember when TS4 was first launched and there were two threads from some of those who just played the game. One was 'I am bored' and the other was 'When is The Sims 5 coming?'

Now after 5 years I think that we should well and truly be able to ask when is The Sims 5 coming?

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Less than one week after launch people are already talking about the next content...

Back in the day a new pack would be released and for at least a couple of months players would talk about that pack and that pack only. No hardly ever had anyone ask 'when is the next EP' just after one was launched. If anyone did ask then they would have been laughed at.

Yet I remember when TS4 was first launched and there were two threads from some of those who just played the game. One was 'I am bored' and the other was 'When is The Sims 5 coming?'

Now after 5 years I think that we should well and truly be able to ask when is The Sims 5 coming?

I guess they're no longer bored, then. That was 5 years ago, and the base game was quite dull. Some might argue that it still is, but it's changed a lot since then. It's not dull to the majority or there wouldn't be so many still playing and buying.

According to EA, this game will last another 3-5 years so if there's a Sims 5 coming, you won't see it until then. There's your answer. :)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

The recent pack is an occult one that's not everyone's cup of tea, so the people who aren't into that theme will inevitably be thinking about the next one coming up. Especially with a leak about it surfacing. There are still plenty of people talking about the recent pack AND the one that was released before that.

People have strong feelings about specific themes they want in the game, that's all that the talk about the next one is about.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    sounds like you just want the series to end on 4
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2019

As someone who was around for the sims 3 days, that just isn't true. There was constant speculation about the next pack. ESPECIALLY when they started announcing them two at a time.

I especially remember the tons of speculation threads for island paradise when University wasn't even out yet.

Showtime had just been released and supernatural assets were found in the patch files, tons of speculation. That's how I got into The Sims 3 specifically, I was a lurker reading all the speculation.

Rose Colored Glasses are fine and all, but it definitely was the same way. And in my opinion that's not a bad thing. People are always going to want something new.

Banjo Kazooie was just released for smash, one of my favorite games. I'm already looking forward to the next character could possibly be.

Speculation is fun.

e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »

I guess they're no longer bored, then. That was 5 years ago, and the base game was quite dull. Some might argue that it still is, but it's changed a lot since then. It's not dull to the majority or there wouldn't be so many still playing and buying.

According to EA, this game will last another 3-5 years so if there's a Sims 5 coming, you won't see it until then. There's your answer. :)

Oh, it is. We’re just sick of saying the same things over and over 5 years later. We *still* do not have in-laws or step sibling/parent relation stud for sims and this is something *I* could do if I wanted. It’s not hard to add a bit of text and have the game recognise it is a family member, the game literally already does it with every other relationship status. Hardly any of the players I’ve know from the BBS forum days visit here any more. It’s all newbies and young people. This recent pack has only got me playing again because all I ever wanted in the sims (any sims game) is a witch sim. If I could have had them in the base game I would have and I’d never have to buy another pack again.

—T

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019
    I contend that EA/Maxis never had or has any idea at all about how many stuff, gamepacks or expansions they might be making or when any game will end. I got the UK's pre-order reward Sims 2 'Unleashed' tin with that pack and it had a collector's box for the CDs and there was only room for 10 CDs in it! I think about 18 packs came out overall. :)

Sims 4 will only end when demand slows down to when it isn't making enough money for EA.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    Sims 4 is a live service, with updates almost every month, so what are you even talking about?
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,231 Member
    edited September 2019
    New live service IP of BioWare : Anthem after 10 years of success of Mass Effect.

The Sims is almost 20 years old, in the video game industry it's an antiquity (the game of parents or grandparents).
    The Millennials generation may think it's a dinosaur.

EA is tired of the old IP which can't massively seduce new young players.

A new IP is a new beginning, a new way to attract new investors with a new low quality game.

• HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    My experience with The Sims 3 was so bad that I uninstalled it the moment I knew of The Sims 4. I did get a laptop that met the recommended settings for TS4 (saved up some pretty pennies), and that might be why my experience has been so much better this time. I can see myself still playing, but I might not get many more EPs etc... after university.
    I also don't think they would stop the franchise due to the money it brings in. I can't see myself moving onto a Sims 5, but there are plenty of other people talking about it so it is not impossible. Having said that, things do come to natural ends; they're inevitable in many cases.
    HSau :)
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited September 2019
    I was thinking it may end around 2022. That gives it maybe a year or 2 after the next gen consoles drop.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I've been saying there will be no Sims 5 for ages. But considering the way things are going with, er... surprise mechanics... EA may turn to its other games to tide it over. Still, there's been no indication that there will be a Sims 5, and if there is one in the works they're keeping it REALLY close to their chests.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Agree.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Things the Gurus are going out of the way to say:

They look forward to developing for The Sims 4 for "many years" to come.

TS4 is more popular now than ever, and is in fact the best received Sims title they have ever produced.

Things the Gurus have not said.

Anything about TS5.

Anything about The Sims franchise ending.

We'll be here for a while. Buckle up. It's just getting good.
    IceyJ wrote: »

In the old days you would buy and then play for a long time.

Now you play, get bored after a week, wait for something else. Talk about something else. Buy something else and repeat
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Things the Gurus are going out of the way to say:

They look forward to developing for The Sims 4 for "many years" to come.

TS4 is more popular now than ever, and is in fact the best received Sims title they have ever produced.

Rite
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I think EA is smart enough to keep Sims 4 going for only 1 or 2 more years,then pull the plug on Sims 4 to work on Sims 5. After all, Mojang didn
    t keep Minecrafy Version 1.12 or 1.13 going forever and ever-they were smart enough to upgrade to Version 1.14,then eventually,Mojang wil upgrade to 1.15, 1.16, 1.17,and so on.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    This post was created by a Sims 2 player who's expressed her dislike of S4 at every opportunity so of course she's going to look for 'hints' that the game is coming to an end. 🙄

Also speculation about what's next is not an indication of discontent with the game. I love S4 but I'm still curious about what's coming in University. And what's coming after University. And what's coming after that. 😄