Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issue with RoM Townies

Not only am I getting NPC’s from towns that are played and unplayed coming to RoM and becoming spellcasters (which messes with my save), the NPC’s and randomly generated townies are showing up not in their everyday outfits but skimpy dresses and astronaut helmets/detective caps/Actor Career Tron helmet, etc. I’ve used MCCC to change them back into everyday wear but as soon as I do, they spin and change back.

I’m not sure if this is intentional but please for the love of all things mighty can this be fixed?

Comments

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Ah. The old situational outfit bs is back to the forefront in what they think witches should be wearing. Including hats, glasses, and jewelry and every accessory in CAS.

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2019
    Out of curiosity, are the played sims that you're seeing in the Realm of Magic employed or unemployed?
    Whenever people get the issue of played sims taking on NPC roles, we have to first consider whether or not MCCC is the cause (especially since you mentioned that you're using it.) Because simply being installed, MCCC has functionality which allows unemployed, played sims to be selected for NPC roles.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’m using two mods: one which stops the game from making existing NPCs into spellcasters (although the game will still generate 10 spellcasters from scratch as the game has to fill that quota) and another which stops non-spellcasters going through the portal. You can find both here:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=23229453
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, are the played sims that you're seeing in the Realm of Magic employed or unemployed?
    Whenever people get the issue of played sims taking on NPC roles, we have to first consider whether or not MCCC is the cause (especially since you mentioned that you're using it.) Because simply being installed, MCCC has functionality which allows unemployed, played sims to be selected for NPC roles.

I think the majority are unemployed. I could be wrong though. However, thankyou for your insight. I hadn’t considered MCCC could be the cause but it does seem likely. I’m still not sure about the outfits though. I’ve never had townie fashion this bad.
    I’m using two mods: one which stops the game from making existing NPCs into spellcasters (although the game will still generate 10 spellcasters from scratch as the game has to fill that quota) and another which stops non-spellcasters going through the portal. You can find both here:

Thankyou. I’ll check those out when I have some time. I’m not sure if it’ll fix my particular problem but still handy to have, nonetheless. I’m surprised mods are out already.

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Echova wrote: »
    Cupid wrote: »

I think the majority are unemployed. I could be wrong though. However, thankyou for your insight. I hadn’t considered MCCC could be the cause but it does seem likely. I’m still not sure about the outfits though. I’ve never had townie fashion this bad.

Thankyou. I’ll check those out when I have some time. I’m not sure if it’ll fix my particular problem but still handy to have, nonetheless. I’m surprised mods are out already.

The same person as made a mod which is meant to prevent situational outfits being worn in the realm. That might help?