Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

But Where is Aine?

Has anyone else been missing this enigmatic character?

Yv4VLFm.jpg

I've been watching the Maxis gallery like a hawk, but she has yet to appear, and it doesn't look like she shipped with the game either. She, along with Morgan were the most interesting Sims in the trailers and yet she is missing.

She feels like the missing link in the Realm of Magic story they were telling, and I hope that she appears soon. Has anyone heard anything?

I can't be the only one who wants her in their game.

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2019
    I was very disappointed that she wasn't in the game either. If Maxis adds her to the galley I will for be one of those adding her to my game. I was hoping to play her as well.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    edited September 2019
    I hope she’s added in by the time I get RoM. She looks like she’d be nice to play with, I’d give her a tiny makeover though. It seems the same thing happened with Nalani in Island Living.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I had a whole house ready for her; I figured she was the Untamed Sage. (Apparently Morgyn supplanted her). I so wanted to play her getting her revenge, and I fully expected that if she didn’t ship with the game, they would at least put her in the gallery on the same day like they often do with the trailer sims. I still wish they would but I am starting to lose hope.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited September 2019
    Kersiexx wrote: »
    I hope she’s added in by the time I get RoM. She looks like she’d be nice to play with, I’d give her a tiny makeover though. It seems the same thing happened with Nalani in Island Living.

I may be misunderstanding but Nalani is in the game. She usually will stroll by the beach.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm fairly certain she is in the game, cause I've seen her wandering around as an elder in the Magic Realm. Though, I could just be misremembering.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Kersiexx wrote: »

They added the mermaids to the household lists recently in a patch I believe. Before that, they were hidden.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    23e1491fc5ef92695a158735d32a03c9.gif

Too easy.

lmao!!!
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Hope they upload her soon. Someone made her on the gallery and is pretty close to her design in the trailer. Someone else also did the other sages from the gameplay trailer. I tweak them a bit and then replaced the other sages with them.

C9EzDoz.png
    GMCtUaf.png
    R6pG2fU.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    Ah thank you! I never saw Nalani in game, though I play a lot, nor in the library, so I assumed she wasn’t added. She’s a really pretty Sim.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    I was hoping EA would have given us a few extra spellcasters on the gallery like they did for the vampire pack with those different vampire "factions," but alas. Those two families we got in game really aren't enough for cas-challenged Simmers such as myself!

I'm still holding out hope at least for our lost Sage.

Is there a guru we could ask on twitter or something?
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I was hoping EA would have given us a few extra spellcasters on the gallery like they did for the vampire pack with those different vampire "factions," but alas. Those two families we got in game really aren't enough for cas-challenged Simmers such as myself!

I'm still holding out hope at least for our lost Sage.

Is there a guru we could ask on twitter or something?

Ahem... Lost sages seriously how hard was it for The Sims 4 DEVOLOPERS not to add the two magnificently beautiful sages from trailer they made?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • HeyYoDiscoNickHeyYoDiscoNick Posts: 463 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »

Ahem... Lost sages seriously how hard was it for The Sims 4 DEVOLOPERS not to add the two magnificently beautiful sages from trailer they made?

You are ABSOLUTELY right! Thank you for the correction.

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited September 2019
    I miss her in my game, I was disappointed when I couldn't find her. I truly hope Maxis will upload her on gallery among the other sages they originally had.

Can we really replace sages? How do you do it?
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I miss her in my game, I was disappointed when I couldn't find her. I truly hope Maxis will upload her on gallery among the other sages they originally had.

mods probably
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Hope they upload her soon. Someone made her on the gallery and is pretty close to her design in the trailer. Someone else also did the other sages from the gameplay trailer. I tweak them a bit and then replaced the other sages with them.

C9EzDoz.png
    GMCtUaf.png
    R6pG2fU.png

Wait, where’s the tattoo on her arm? The replica has it, but not her? Glitch? 🤔
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    WolfNate wrote: »

mods probably

Ok, then I can't do it, because I don't use mods. I guess I can at least modify them in CAS and make them look more powerful.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    edited September 2019
    @kimmer you don't really need mods to replace the sages, but one of two specific ones really does help...

what you need to do is use cheats to put a lot of hidden and reward traits onto the sims you want to become the new sages, while also doing something to remove the current sage (luckily, moving a current sage into an actively played household removes them from the sage position). the two mods i mentioned let you look at a sim's hidden and reward traits, so you can see what you want to enter... but other simmers can post those for you to use

for example, these are the hidden traits on the default mischief sage:
    5ef25e20b1917124c8f30adba895e9f6.png

and this lets you see that there's also a sage-specific reward trait:
    1cd6bbb4060302d9e45ece94eeeae839.png

also, i just looked closer at ladykyn's pictures...she edited l faba (the default mischief sage) to have the appearance of one of the sages in the trailer
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    I was nonplussed to discover that this guy had replaced the green-haired sage.
    I was so not pleased that I decided to make the replacement literal.
    09-11-19_6-55-28nbspAM.png

Meet Morgyn Morgana.
    Gender switch. I didn't know her name, but I liked the sound of Morgana. Morgyn's female look wasn't bad, so I kept it without much tweaking.
    I just went with the color combinations that I liked without bothering to capture her original look.
    09-11-19_7-21-55nbspAM.png

This is the first time I am seeing pictures to compare.
    It's funny that I choose the right necklace for her without looking for a reference photo.
    Yv4VLFm.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Marnetti wrote: »

Wait, where’s the tattoo on her arm? The replica has it, but not her? Glitch? 🤔

:p It's on her now was a earlier screenshot before I realized I didn't copy her tattoo. My fault rather than a glitch. Derp.
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited September 2019
    Why does everyone think Morgyn overthrew Aine? Personally I think she was his beloved teacher, and she finally decided to step down and not have a 24/7 job holding the realm together and training newbies, leaving Morgyn holding the keys and the pretty pretty dress.

I do want Aine in game though. Probably going to have her marry Bella Goth and retire with 4 cat familiars named Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme, probably somewhere in Windenburg.

That's just my theory he seemed pretty sus in the trailer. A possibility she could have, but I like the drama of her disapperance and him being a sage. Even in my game he doesn't seem as pleased to see her. XD
    He OBVIOUSLY bumped her off to take her dress due to being jealous how good she looks in it.
    yHJzRAU.png
    5vJrxmT.png

I just used MC Copy the looks to the sage which I thought would be easier (pffft should just jsut went into CAs and replaced them when I went into edit mode for them) and that was pretty much it.

Was my first and only mod for the longest of time as it does so much and extremely useful in-game.
    5vJrxmT.png
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @kimmer you don't really need mods to replace the sages, but one of two specific ones really does help...

what you need to do is use cheats to put a lot of hidden and reward traits onto the sims you want to become the new sages, while also doing something to remove the current sage (luckily, moving a current sage into an actively played household removes them from the sage position). the two mods i mentioned let you look at a sim's hidden and reward traits, so you can see what you want to enter... but other simmers can post those for you to use

for example, these are the hidden traits on the default mischief sage:
    5ef25e20b1917124c8f30adba895e9f6.png

and this lets you see that there's also a sage-specific reward trait:
    1cd6bbb4060302d9e45ece94eeeae839.png

also, i just looked closer at ladykyn's pictures...she edited l faba (the default mischief sage) to have the appearance of one of the sages in the trailer

Thanks a lot. :)
    It seems quite difficult, though. I think I'm just modifying the existing sages in CAS and change them completely. I don't want to mess up my game if I do something wrong with cheating those hidden traits. I'm normally not too picky with premade Sims, I never even give them makeovers, but I do prefer these masters of magic looking more powerful.