Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Elder sim living well beyond his years....Will not die

My sim has outlived his children and even one of his grandchildren that sadly died from heat exhaustion. He just won't die. He was a scientist and cloned himself twice. Other then that, I don't know why he has lived so long. Is this a glitch or something to do with the game and how he lived his life?

7zMf99k.png

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    He might have a hidden trait that keeps certain sims from getting any older and keeping them alive. This happens with certain sims that the game will create. Did you create this sim, or were they one the game created, and you eventually added them to your sim's household?
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Move that sims out, if you got tired of that sims. There is chance he might because clone or got reward of long live, unless he had immortal but that ROM didn't come out yet, but should be any time today.
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I also have an immortal sim. He was created in CAS as a neighbor to my main household. He worked in fitness and had a high fitness skill I believe. He's still alive in my game seven generations later. I've tried deleting his entire household, too, and it just reappears in my game again. He always comes back and I have no idea how. lol.
    Anyway, yes. I think there's a glitch somewhere with the game.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    I also have an immortal sim. He was created in CAS as a neighbor to my main household. He worked in fitness and had a high fitness skill I believe. He's still alive in my game seven generations later. I've tried deleting his entire household, too, and it just reappears in my game again. He always comes back and I have no idea how. lol.
    This is so ominous... :flushed:

This hasn't happened to me yet! What are their secrets lol!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member

He's out to get ya.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 961 Member
    This sim didn't do the Bodybuilder aspiration, did he? That one has a perk that keeps them alive for longer than normal. I don't think it would help him see THAT many generations, but maybe the glitch is connected to that perk?
  • MegamiNyxMegamiNyx Posts: 24 Member
    This sim didn't do the Bodybuilder aspiration, did he? That one has a perk that keeps them alive for longer than normal. I don't think it would help him see THAT many generations, but maybe the glitch is connected to that perk?

LOL, he does have the long-lived trait. I forgot about that. It doesn't seem like he is going to die anytime soon.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I've had several sims that did this. I usually just have to move or take a vacation and then they die soon after.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I had a sim who completed the body builder aspiration and she went on forever. Well, not forever, but for a very long time. The body builder aspiration gives them about 40 extra days I believe.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    The game does create immortal Sims, buskers, for example, and other NPC's by default don't age. I have a mod that fixes this, because if my played Sims marry an immortal sim, it really messed up my gameplay.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    I had a sim like this a couple of years back and was sure she was glitched. I asked how I could tell in the bug forum that was on these forums then but not now. Crinrict suggested that I try killing her by Cow Plant. If she was glitched she wouldn't die and if she wasn't that would take care of it, if I was ready to let her go.

I did a save as on the game first in case I felt guilty, if she died. Turned out she did die and I found I was relieved to have her finally pass on, lol. She's only the second sims I ever intentionally killed and I've played all the iterations of The Sims. The first one oddly enough was in TS2 by Cow Plant, too, but I felt guilty and had a controlled sim bribe Grim to resurrect her :)
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I have a sim she just wouldn't age at all. I have had to age her up in CAS. I am going to have to kill her off somehow. I even moved her out and into a non-played house. The people she moved in with died but she just stayed the same. I had another sim that wouldn't age but I did something that I found online and he started to age I did the same with this sim but it had no effect on her.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Going back to last year, I too had an immortal sim. His name was Johnathan Carlisle.

He first showed up as a nanny to take care of my sim Rylee when he was a toddler, and he never left my family alone after we hired him that first time. He showed up at all of my family’s events; EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. Weddings, birthday parties, you name it. After a very long period of time dealing with his constant messages and stalking, I noticed he wasn’t aging whatsoever; he was in the adult life stage, but he outlived many of my family members, not once becoming an elder. Eventually, I had enough and deleted him. It worked and I never saw him again.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I think I have at least one sim like this due to townie marriage after City Living. In at least one case, I was able to correct it with steps that I found on the forum. I do have at least one and possibly two sims like this in my game for whom that hasn't worked.

Joaquin's heiress wife, Eleanor Arrington, was a hostess at Chez Llama. That's the fanciest Maxis restaurant from Dine Out. She was and is very beautiful. I thought it was completely believable that she was working the kind of job that someone would who is actually quite posh. Anyway, I've just aged her up in CAS roughly in line with how she would if she were aging. I hadn't figured out the death because I have never intentionally let sims die but for realism's sake, she may need to have a laughing attack when she is older.

I think I have a CL townie who may also be like that. With a rotation, they all age rather slowly anyway. I do have a long-lived body builder but those aren't immortal in my experience. He has a number of kids in the game so I'm fine with keeping him around. I've said he is a celebrity fitness trainer. He started way before Get Famous, so maybe I can have him pursue low-level fame before his time is up.

Champ and Girlie are dogs.