Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like CAS idle animations?

i find all of the cas idle animations annoying, the new spellcaster one is especially irritating (crashing aside) because i can't see anything at all while they are doing it, so i am forced to just sit and wait for them to finish to continue working on the sim.

i think we should be able to disable these animations.
origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Do you like CAS idle animations? 167 votes

yep
22%
Frn0731Nh6650IcewolfAlexaiPlayerSinger2010DOLLDRMS1Mariefoxprice83AquariusMomPegasysphantasmkissWolfNateChampandGirlieLindsaySeddon1annaliese39Lemon405mariajane216Sigzy05Sims4MagicalTalesDeKayNiaraTiara 37 votes
nope
52%
Akl500PSandySimjeepjeepcatalexspoom13SimmervillelisamwittCamkatapplefeather2MaryVannasimbsimMeteoraStormelanorbretoninvisiblgirlPaigeisin5LadyDecafgot2gamealejandro15039loubyloulouCinebaralanmichael1 88 votes
the third option
25%
BlkBarbiegalIsb917BloosmooSimQueenie9simgirl1010goodcakebaker62LustianiciataydevBabykittyjadeTrowiciablueyblueskyhalloweenchildSweetieWright_84SajahiSindocatDoloresGreysillyangel0906HermitgirlCementmusteni 42 votes

Comments

• TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    the third option
    Idk, sometimes?

It generally doesn't bother me, but I do have particular moments when I'm trying to focus on detail without them moving so much. I often remedy that with the freeze animation cheat though, so all is good in the hood afterward.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited September 2019
    nope
    I've been annoyed by idle animations since Sims 2. Obviously they don't read people's complaints or they wouldn't have them. I want them to hold still and not do anything.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    yep
    They can be annoying, but the annoyance is brief. Overall, I like them moving around a little. It feels more like dressing a person and less like an inanimate doll. Which is funny, since it's only pixels... *existential crisis*
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    I wouldn't mind them if it didn't occur every few seconds. It's a little much imo.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    sproot wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind them if it didn't occur every few seconds. It's a little much imo.

This

Everything in moderation
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    Trowicia wrote: »
    Idk, sometimes?

It generally doesn't bother me, but I do have particular moments when I'm trying to focus on detail without them moving so much. I often remedy that with the freeze animation cheat though, so all is good in the hood afterward.
    the.. what? 🤯
    i was using a mod to freeze them in place but it doesn't work with spellcasters.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    the third option
    I think they're alright, can be a little annoying after a while, but it's something I can live with.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    the third option
    I like them, but frequency is the key here.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    nope
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I've have been annoyed by idle animations since Sims 2. Obviously they don't read people's complaints or they wouldn't have them. I want them to hold still and not do anything.

That! I can't work with the fake smiles and the looks up to the left or whatever it is. Just stand there. The best thing is zooming in to the face where they don't have the grin thing...and I can see how they might look.

I take screenshots the same way. I won't take it when they have the silly grin. I like the more serious faces and looks.

• LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    the third option
    I don't really mind the occult idles (except the vampire one like... ugh) but the ones where they just smile or close their eyes or do anything else is annoying, and it happens constantly
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member

^
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    the third option
    I don't spend enough time in cas to notice them
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    yep
    base human sim idle animations yes, occult specific idle no.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    nope
    There are too many animations in CAS, I wish they would stand still.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    the third option
    I am starting to hate the vampire one passionately.

The rest of them can be mildly annoying, and as others have said they should happen with less frequency.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    nope
    I prefer my sims to stand still, not move that much while in cas. That said, the toddler idle animation is rather cute.

But I always forget about the caslockspeed cheat.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    the third option
    I'm fine with most animations, but oml can Vampires pls stop moving so dang much???
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    nope
    It would be nice if we had the option to turn it on/off. It makes editing very difficult if they won’t stop blinking and moving.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    nope

Yep, I could handle it if it did it like once in the beginning then not at all, or have an in CAS toggle or pose option kind of like the cats and dogs do to make them sit certain ways.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    yep
    my sims don't move much when i edit them, and when they do i don't mind it. if i had to choose between sims not moving in CAS or moving in CAS i'd pick moving
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited September 2019
    the third option
    I think they should either give us an option to turn them off... or, at the very least, make it so they only perform these actions if you leave the CAS screen on idle for more than like 30 seconds or something.

As much as I'm happy to have spellcasters back in the game, I do have to agree with you on how annoying their specific animations often are... I was creating one yesterday and they just kept playing with their magic when I was trying to see how they look in a certain outfit... at least the animations stop when you're doing their hair and face... lol But, it becomes very annoying when you're trying to put them in outfits, change their body type, etc.

In all honesty, the only time it's really necessary for them to move is when you're choosing their walk style.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    nope
    I only hate it when a sim is incessantly smiling while I'm trying to edit their face.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    nope
    It annoys me. It takes twice as long as it should to make a sim just because you have to wait for them to stop. I would like them to just stand there and be quiet and maybe a button I can press after to see the animations so I can see how they look when I am ready to see that and not every 2 seconds.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    yep
    I do like them, but then I don't generally spend enough time in CAS for them to become annoying.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    nope
    I dislike those idle animations with a passion. It's much like attempting to dress a Real Life toddler. CAS editing is time consuming as it is. Why add to the process? I would prefer my Sims to stand still so I can create the looks i am going for rather than wait for a Sim to stop grinning from ear to ear or moving around.