Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic Happy Play thread....share your stories & pics.......

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Here is my sim Lily, I have her for a while. She is a teenager in one of my saves and I knew she would the perfect spellcaster from the minute I heard about this pack. She is going to also be a vet when she ages up, which sounds to me like a super fun combo.

LXeTylY.png
    Here she is turning into a spellcaster, which was a lot of fun.

W7kY89i.png
    With her familiar Raven named Darkwing

Z3OKSEy.png
    First takeoff

All in all I am impressed with this pack. Its a lot of fun and the amount of detail put into the gameplay for spellcasters is just unreal. Go sims team!!!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I wish I could but I hadn't gotten it yet (maybe tonight or by Friday). Looks fun and the only concerns is the bugs and patches removing random unplayed sims getting the trait. I really hope they keep that.
  • Akl500P wrote: »
    Here is my sim Lily, I have her for a while. She is a teenager in one of my saves and I knew she would the perfect spellcaster from the minute I heard about this pack. She is going to also be a vet when she ages up, which sounds to me like a super fun combo.

LXeTylY.png
    Here she is turning into a spellcaster, which was a lot of fun.

W7kY89i.png
    With her familiar Raven named Darkwing

Z3OKSEy.png
    First takeoff

All in all I am impressed with this pack. Its a lot of fun and the amount of detail put into the gameplay for spellcasters is just unreal. Go sims team!!!

Very cute sim and outfit! I have that same outfit on one of my sims :) My sim hasn't taken off on her broom. I set the settings , to always ride broom though. Really loving playing with this type of gameplay . Whenever you have the time, keep the gameplay pictures and stories coming @Akl500P
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Im loving your pictures guys! And stories! Your reshade looks nice to! Or your edit, whichever one you did to your photos :)<3@jonilla1

• sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    My sim's name is Odette, and honestly I'm shipping her and Morgyn Ember. <3

09-10-19-6-28-34-PM.png
    09-10-19-11-27-36-PM.png
    09-10-19-11-29-17-PM.png
    09-10-19-11-32-11-PM.png
    09-10-19-11-52-56-PM.png
    09-10-19-11-59-00-PM.png

I recreated Aleister’s Elixirs and Sundries from TS3 Supernatural as a retail shop to sell her potions. I think it turned out really cute. :)
    09-11-19-4-57-18-PM.png
    09-11-19-5-03-00-PM.png
  • Im really digging your pictues @sillehbee <3 Honestly looking forward to you coming back with more. I can tell your game on ultra, like mine , and Sims pics always look so good on the highest :) Your sim is very pretty!

• jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    @Simmify thank you. I just edited them a little, added a little warmer tone and a touch of clarity :)
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Simmify wrote: »
    Im really digging your pictues @sillehbee <3 Honestly looking forward to you coming back with more. I can tell your game on ultra, like mine , and Sims pics always look so good on the highest :) Your sim is very pretty!

Aw, thank you! <3 It helps that the lighting and aesthetics in the magical realm are phenomenal.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yeah it is beautiful! Please share more, no pressure on when, but your sim is beautiful and I'd be interested to see how their life evolves :)@sillehbee

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Thank you @Simmify I can’t wait to play some more and see what else this pack has to offer! I’ll make sure to come back and post after I’ve played a bit more :).
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2019
    Giving a brief overview of the school, since going through it from start to finish would be boring.
    UuWzFAH.png
    I made a magic school in Windenberg. (Albeit with a Gallery lot because I can't build for 🐸🐸🐸🐸.) Teen spellcasters move into the school and train until they've proven that they can wield magic responsibly. They go back home during the summer, so their families also get some play in.

To graduate, they must know 8 spells, be Adept and know Decursify, OR they must know 10 potions, including the Decursify one. I like to imagine that it takes about four years for a spellcaster to graduate. But you can stay longer to learn more, or even take extra courses. Herbalism, Mixology, Writing, Charisma and Logic are optional skills sims can learn.

From left to right: Henry Grimm, Ren Spellman, Perdita Nimbus, Reo Spellman, Goldie Hart, and Bridget. After two in-game years, they'd be joined by Henry's sister, Matilda.

sOkoh1v.png
    Romances come and go, but Ren and Bridget are committed. They only had one real big fight; it was in the second year, when Goldie kissed Ren, thinking he was his twin brother. (Which was my fault. I clicked on Ren, thinking it was Reo. After that, I gave Reo a make-over and dyed his hair to differentiate them.)

FgUfmrI.png
    Here they are, the night before they graduate. In my game, the island is deserted, except for the school, the bluffs, and an abandoned house. Some say the house is haunted; probably because it has the Haunted lot trait. But for one final adventure, the kids decided to explore it.

Xh54iwy.png
    (I got this from the Gallery, btw. It's called Hollow of Magic.)

NtdgAI3.png
    They all found something to do: Perdita discovered a pipe organ and gave it a try.

WqV61DS.png
    Goldie was wondering why this house had a somewhat modern TV. Strangely, every channel was in black and white.

ANnsfhU.png
    Matilda decided to tag along with her big brother and see the house. She was the only one who found a ghost that night.

CFFBT3K.png
    Ren is the valedictorian, Bridget is the most popular girl in school. They're supposed to be role models for the other students. And they are, just only when they're out in public.

ZLEdjMv.png
    Reo is downstairs, crying. He turned Goldie down the other day, so she hit him with Despairio. Don't worry, she apologized and they talked things over.

UAW2c6D.png
    Henry walks around the kitchen, armed and ready to fight off any ghost that tries to mess with them.

0gO7Jl9.png
    While he's distracted, Matilda decides to play a prank on him.

GOUattI.png
    Dazed and confused, Henry wanders away from the house. Luckily, Perdita found him and snapped him out of it before he could reach the waters.

xO51Eat.png
    The first graduating class of Newt's School of Magic. Goldie chose to stay an extra year to improve her alchemy and practice Herbalism, so only five of the original six are leaving. But thanks to Glimmerstones, they can easily see each other again in the Magic Realm.

Reo moved back in with his parents and plans on opening an occult-friendly restaurant. Perdita, his on-again, off-again girlfriend, moved back home and plans to join the Entertainment career, using "fake" magic to wow normal sim audiences everywhere. Henry moved back home and is undergoing training to become a Knight of the Realm. Despite their parents' protests, Ren and Bridget decided to run away to Sulani together.

Now that I got all the school stuff out of the way, I'm ready to play a proper spellcaster family. Ren will undergo army training to become a Knight of the Realm, while Bridget will be a stay at home mother.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is my spellcaster 🐸🐸🐸🐸...
    5XbAcYh.png
    and her home. Her backstory is she's a traveling merchant that has settled herself down. I had her lot before in another world and tweaked it to fit in Glimmerbrook. I know it's an explosion of color and, well... tacky, but it's fun :) and what I was going for. I've played her a bunch the last few days. She's in my Stardew Valley save and I have 3 spellcasters to play in this world.. well so far anyway.
    7pxgodu.png
    I found the stray cat "Ruby" wandering behind her home in Glimmerbrook (didn't know they would come there) she was sick and I was planning on getting her a cat anyway for a familiar. I would have gone for a more colorful model but .. how can you resist helping a sick stray? It was meant to be. Anyway I've come to love her... I mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has ;)
    ixZWDGp.png
    I've really leveled her up and enjoyed every bit of it. I liked this character before but she's come into her own now. When they make it so the potions can sell I imagine that's what I'll do on her, although she makes plenty of money on her garden, and now with the copypasto spell, come on. Free money. I also see other sims in this world seeking her out for help.. mostly with potions. I'll see how the game play works from the other end. I know if you give sims potions they drink it right away. But you can also gift them potions, and tomes too :).

egTcBMc.png
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    I've been playing non-stop for hours. Loving this pack so much :lol:
    I created a "secret room" for my spellcaster that is accessible from her bedroom.

09-12-19-2-49-24-AM-2.png
    09-12-19-2-49-50-AM-2.png
    09-11-19-11-05-08-PM.png

It looks great! <3
    rnKEhBT.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Dueling is a lot of fun :D I love that you can "steal" things from other sims and learn new spells/potions!
    j9MOnYN.png
    OLIe3Ch.png

And with a bit of magical freebuilding, even HQ is starting to look more decent lol
    crrxKTB.png

There's just so much to <3
    nuBe80r.png
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Such a fun, and happy thread! :)
    I have yet to purchase ROM.. Waiting until pay day :D:p From what I have seen, and read in the forums, I think I will love ROM as the general consensus seems pretty positive <3
    rnKEhBT.png
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    I can’t believe after 4 good years of waiting, I’m Actually finally playing the game, I barely play in live mode i’m usually just building or just creating sims.

I still have to find out what stirring the cauldron with no wand looks like.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I can’t believe after 4 good years of waiting, I’m Actually finally playing the game, I barely play in live mode i’m usually just building or just creating sims.

Happy to hear it :D I've been playing since 10:35 am today (it's now like 18:26) with one small break of 30 minutes to clean something, after playing til 2 am last night and 11 pm the night before that, .... and I just wanna go on playing. It's maddeningly fun. lol

I even had my very first curse!! :D
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited September 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »

They just use their hands with two fingers outstretched and twirl hand around to stir the spoon.

unknown.png
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    @jonilla1 are you using any mod to get rid of the awful blue shadows or is just editing?
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    @kateoverend thank you :)
    @Mo0nLight321 I completely forgot, yes I use a no glow and no blu mod from Luumia :)
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    This is my spellcaster 🐸🐸🐸🐸...
    5XbAcYh.png
    and her home. Her backstory is she's a traveling merchant that has settled herself down. I had her lot before in another world and tweaked it to fit in Glimmerbrook. I know it's an explosion of color and, well... tacky, but it's fun :) and what I was going for. I've played her a bunch the last few days. She's in my Stardew Valley save and I have 3 spellcasters to play in this world.. well so far anyway.
    7pxgodu.png
    I found the stray cat "Ruby" wandering behind her home in Glimmerbrook (didn't know they would come there) she was sick and I was planning on getting her a cat anyway for a familiar. I would have gone for a more colorful model but .. how can you resist helping a sick stray? It was meant to be. Anyway I've come to love her... I mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸 has ;)
    ixZWDGp.png
    I've really leveled her up and enjoyed every bit of it. I liked this character before but she's come into her own now. When they make it so the potions can sell I imagine that's what I'll do on her, although she makes plenty of money on her garden, and now with the copypasto spell, come on. Free money. I also see other sims in this world seeking her out for help.. mostly with potions. I'll see how the game play works from the other end. I know if you give sims potions they drink it right away. But you can also gift them potions, and tomes too :).

I love 🐸🐸🐸🐸! Is she on the gallery by chance? I would love to add her as a cousin for my two gals (sisters).

I turned aging off and am playing my ROM save as a "a day in the lifetime" type save. I will age sims up here and there for variety but this way I can keep my sages around until my story is done.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    I put here up there @Freygea I have the same name on the gallery. Be aware they seem to lose all their spells but keep their caster level.. she's a Virtuoso. They also keep all selected perks but you can clear them with a potion quick enough :).
    egTcBMc.png
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I put here up there @Freygea I have the same name on the gallery. Be aware they seem to lose all their spells but keep their caster level.. she's a Virtuoso. They also keep all selected perks but you can clear them with a potion quick enough :).

I just grabbed her. She is lovely. Thank you for adding her to the gallery. : )
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    jonilla1 wrote: »
    kateoverend thank you :)
    @Mo0nLight321 I completely forgot, yes I use a no glow and no blu mod from Luumia :)
    Thank you :)