Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to Cast discharge? - SpellCaster Perks Questions?

Hey Simmers,

Has anyone figured out how to actually cast 'discharge'? My sim is full maxed on her spellcast charge and I want to dispell some of it an can't figure out how.

Thanks!
Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    It is a perk you have your sim buy, once they have it, then you can click on your sim and it will be under the selection of magic. I nearly lost my sim because of a curse that causes them to max out their spell cast charge.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    It’s not there for me. Yes I have the perk. I tried resetting my perks and reloading. It’s just not there
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    You click on your Sim, click on magic, and then discharge should be one of the options. It does have a cool down time though.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Cast discharge?? Sounds nasty
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Seriously...?

As a mage you have a new need Charge Meter if it fills up you explode and die. Discharge dispells built up charge
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes, it is the total opposite of Sims 3. In TS3 the more a witch used their magical energy it would deplete, and they would have to rest a while or use a potion to regain their magical energy. In TS4, the more they use their magical energy, it fills up. If it overfills the Spell Caster will die. Now if a sim has already died once from that, they will be immune, and never die from it again if they are brought back.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »

Seriously...?

As a mage you have a new need Charge Meter if it fills up you explode and die. Discharge dispells built up charge

That is so strange. What happens if it’s very low? Or is it supposed to stay low?
    @Chazzzy stay low
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @KirbySkywalker - are you using any CC on the sim? I took the CC off of my sim and the option came up.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • ExaustExaust Posts: 2 New Member
    I have the same problem than you, I have the perk but I don't see anything in "Magic" what am I supposed to do ?
  • ExaustExaust Posts: 2 New Member
    Btw what's a CC ??
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Exaust wrote: »
    I have the same problem than you, I have the perk but I don't see anything in "Magic" what am I supposed to do ?

You can't see the spell unless your Charge Meter is at least in "charged" state. Also, if you have already cast Discharge, the option will be grayed out for a time.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Exaust wrote: »
    Btw what's a CC ??
    Custom content. Things like clothes, skins, hair, makeup etc that you can download from creators online.
  • mklein97mklein97 Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim is a spellcaster and I do not have a charge meter?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @mklein97 the orb at the top of your spellcaster's needs panel is the charge meter, if you mouseover it, you'll see where your sim sits with charge vs overcharge (blue is good). the screenshot i'm linking is dangerously overcharged, as you'll see

9755fc5eb0ee6cd88fc9a5aaf5d0c34b.png

they're also supposed to get moodlets warning about charge but... well... the sim in this case has the 'never feel tense' reward trait, so... doesn't get warnings that "hey, maybe you should slow it down with the magic"
  • VinailtVinailt Posts: 1 New Member
    It took me a while but I figured it out: you can't be overcharged, you have to let it drop down to charged first before you can Discharge.
    edited September 2019
    Vinailt wrote: »
    It took me a while but I figured it out: you can't be overcharged, you have to let it drop down to charged first before you can Discharge.

You can cast Discharge at any Charge Rank
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My sim just purchased this perk and I do not see the option, does it only appear if you can use it under the magick tab?
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    My sim just purchased this perk and I do not see the option, does it only appear if you can use it under the magick tab?

You can't see the option if your Charge Meter is in normal state. It's visible only if the meter is charged.

Maybe so, but there might be a bug: the visibility of Discharge switches on after the sim becomes charged. If the sim bought this perk when he was already overcharged, the spell remained invisible.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    smurfy77 wrote: »

You can't see the option if your Charge Meter is in normal state. It's visible only if the meter is charged.

Maybe so, but there might be a bug: the visibility of Discharge switches on after the sim becomes charged. If the sim bought this perk when he was already overcharged, the spell remained invisible.

thanks so much, now to get that meter up a bit lol
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    it will only show if you are above normal charge level. if you are in the blue the option won't be there. if it doesn't show at orange and red...guess you caught a bug? new pack so bugs are probabely plentiful tho i haven't seen this yet. the option is there for me if i am above normal charge level.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    My sim has the option to "build charge" but I don't see the option to discharge anything, even though she's currently overcharged.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The charge meter is normally empty looking (a light blue color). As you use more and more magic the charge builds with a pinkish color. The more you use magic, the more pink will be in the meter. If you don't discharge the excess, it will spill over and possibly kill your sim. If you have bought the DISCHARGE perk, you can click on your sim, select MAGIC and click on DISCHARGE and your sim will rid themselves of excess energy. This is only possible if you have excess energy to get rid of, otherwise discharge will not work as there is nothing to discharge.
  • BiancaSMBiancaSM Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey! I already tried to reset my sim and got rid of all my cc in order for the discharge cast to appear but it just won't! My charge meter is completely full, I made sure of it building charge up a lot of times, so can anyone please help find a solution, I'd appreciate it very much, guys!
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited September 2019
    From my game experience if you have a full charge meter you have to let it naturally decay to about half before you can discharge it. I have a lot of custom content and that does not seem to have any thing to do with it. If you select the right perks you can use overcharge safely.
    Post edited by Bronwin2 on