Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question About forum appropriateness

I am in the process of writing a new simlit, and it's the first one I've written that will have elements not allowed to be discussed on the forums because of some 18+ mods I'll be using in the storytelling. I know I cant post the story here, but am i allowed to post the link to the blog when I get the story up, with the disclaimer about the content? Or no mention of it at all?
"Don't wish...Don't start.
Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
Origin ID: Simintoxication

Comments

• LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    To play it safe I assume not, as linking to 18+ websites themselves and stuff with 18+ content wouldn't be allowed.

If it's a mod for 'in the buff' I'd say some small censors on pics could allow it. If we're talking more explicit though then probably not.

That's just my understanding of things. Have fun with the simlit!!
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    As a general rule for any sort of post made on a forum, if you think it might be an issue then it probably is going to be. I'd advise you to either forgo posting your story or making your own site to share it.
  • OEII1001 wrote: »
    As a general rule for any sort of post made on a forum, if you think it might be an issue then it probably is going to be. I'd advise you to either forgo posting your story or making your own site to share it.

@OEII1001 I have a blog itll be on, I just didnt know if I could post the link to the blog here. Oh well, I'll probably just share it on facebook. Lol

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    this is stated in Forum Rules under Zero Tolerence...
    Posting anything that references adult materials. This includes naming or linking to adult-themed mods for games. We've got young gamers on here, too.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/922567/donts-treated-with-zero-tolerance#latest

this is stated in do's and don'ts of forum rules
    Don’t link to “shady” sites. Links to other sites should be appropriate and not contain content like cheat promotion, adult material or unsafe software.

Hope this helps... but you can always message a guru to double check.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    alteratively if there's too much woohoo stuff going on.. you can have a chapter sort of "showing" it vs. a censored one which doesn't..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yeah you can't. All I can suggest is asking at modthesims site which is a teen rated site, so if you ask there like you asked here, you should be ok I think. Really cool place to share teen rated stories there and I've been a member there since the Sims 2 days and it is one of the oldest fan and modding sites around, so very smart and knowledgeable Simmers there.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    @Scobre you can't post anything that involves 18+ stuff on MTS either.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Yeah it's definitely not even teen level. Oh well I'll just have fun writing it😂 maybe my husband and friends will like it. Lol

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SimpleIntoxication Yes, the forum rules are clear about not linking to 'adult' themed sites with mods and other real life adult sites. I can understand and appreciate that rule. But, having said that, I have followed and read three very popular SimLit stories for years with blogs linked here on the forum that DO have 'adult' themes sometimes in their chapters. The writers give warnings for NSFW chapters and don't post the stories here, just links to their blogs. Moderators have allowed this without incident as far as I know.

Although I believe you would be allowed to do so also, it wouldn't hurt to perhaps send a message to one of the moderators or post on their profile page asking for clarification. Obviously, I have no authority to give you permission or clarification on the forum rules. What I've shared is just my experience with other SimLit stories I read here. Hope this helps! :)
    @Karababy52 there's only been one incident that despite a story having a "adult" theme but only linking the blog to a forum.. got closed down. But I think that was someone who just didn't like the story.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Karababy52 there's only been one incident that despite a story having a "adult" theme but only linking the blog to a forum.. got closed down. But I think that was someone who just didn't like the story.

Lol so petty
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Scobre you can't post anything that involves 18+ stuff on MTS either.
    I know, but they do know where stuff like that can be posted since MTS community extends beyond just modthesims site for some.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller