Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

RoM General conversation

Everyone me inculded are posting about various issues or opinnions but no one's posting a thread to just... Enjoy it? So without further ado "Finbobar!"Tadah a thread to just hang out and muse about our experiences of Realm.

So that was 'fun' I wasn't a mage for 2 real life hours before I blew up stupid Uncontrollable Charge Curse... Oh well I did manage to buy a skull fairly early on but boy are they ever so RUDE... I guess being dead makes one a... Deadpan Snarker? Eh eh? (You know your a sims nerd when you use simlish in everyday speech..)
Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players

Comments

• I don't like that my sims can die from casting too much? Better keep an eye on it.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited September 2019
    Simmify wrote: »
    I don't like that my sims can die from casting too much? Better keep an eye on it.

There is a 50/50 chance of dying by Overcharge and you can use a rank 1 perk Discharge to dispell it. But it takes like ten real minutes to cast it again so wait till you get overloaded moodlet oryour familiar warns you (or says "Oh boy your gonna die SWEET" if using the skull...)
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • brackencat31brackencat31 Posts: 318 Member
    My sim exploded after a few hours too, I was too busy trying to see if casting the fire and electrocution spell multiple times would kill another sim. But my sim was the only one that died.
    My sim exploded after a few hours too, I was too busy trying to see if casting the fire and electrocution spell multiple times would kill another sim. But my sim was the only one that died.

Nothing can kill sims in this pack sept exploding
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    My sim acquired the curse of awkward embraces withing a few hours. It was the result of so many lost duels, lol it became embarrassing watching her wander round hugging random people every few minutes, I was glad to cure that eventually.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    edited September 2019
    simm621 wrote: »
    My sim acquired the curse of awkward embraces withing a few hours. It was the result of so many lost duels, lol it became embarrassing watching her wander round hugging random people every few minutes, I was glad to cure that eventually.

I only ever got one curse ever never had a diff one and boy was Charge not fun!
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Finally, a conversation to not just bash and whine about the pack! (joking)

I've been playing non-stop for hours. This is the first time I'm thankful that my summer vacation is in September :lol:
    Can't wait to see what modders and cc creators come up with this pack.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    @jonilla1 , there are several mods allready out :) Hauskaa simmailua :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Got all of the Alchemy Tomes, nearly got all the spells, both of my teenage twins are virtuoso Spell casters and are preparing to invade the Realm of Magic, and see what spells we can torment out of them...

Kaegan is the Ideal good boy, who will try to make it pleasant for the Sages, Daerick show our friend Morgyn what real untamed magic looks like.
    and when all is said and done... I'm still deciding their fates... depends how willing they are to cooperate.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    I love magical training so much more fun to watch
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    @jonilla1 , there are several mods allready out :) Hauskaa simmailua :)

Yeah, I've noticed. I downloaded some of them already :lol:
    Hauskaa simmailua myös sulle :wink:
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
  • WolfNate wrote: »

more fun than? :)@WolfNate

WolfNate wrote: »

Vampiric Training is so stupid to watch...
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    My (teen) sim used Infatuate on her classmate, but the only option for her to kiss was their (Young Adult) teacher. I tried it and the girl actually kissed him. They don't have a romance bar or the option to keep doing romantic stuff.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The pack looks so fun! I'm not going to get it until October 15th, since I feel kinda bad about getting it before Console. Plus- some of the bugs should be will be fixed.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• WolfNate wrote: »

Vampiric Training is so stupid to watch...

Watching spellcasters duel is so much fun :)<3

• mikedarrachmikedarrach Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't no why but i can't use the repair spell it doesn't even show up as an option anyone know if this is a bug
  • SeraphicSeraphic Posts: 68 Member
    So what can be made into a hybrid with a Witch, I know you can't be a witch and a vampire. But what about mermaids, or aliens?
    Seraphic wrote: »
    So what can be made into a hybrid with a Witch, I know you can't be a witch and a vampire. But what about mermaids, or aliens?

without glitches or cheating occults can't mix
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm having fun too... just a bunch of little things in addition to the big stuff.
    Things like repairing "normal" potions with the spell to make them excellent and then copying them. Lol then hexing them and building up a supply. Seeing someone stinky and scrubarooing them. I had the island spirits lot trait and found out you could incinerate the spirit things lol.. of course I took out my refrigerator and sink behind it too, but no pain.. no gain.
    I'm just really happy that there are so many classes of spells that will work with my different sim types also. I can't help but think ahead when I'll want to make a sim who's main job is to raise the dead. Or maybe they run into a heartbreaking situation where they have too consider doing it or getting someone who can.

@mikedarrach .. sorry not in game to remember the spell name but for the fix spell ... you just target the object you want to fix. For me I upgraded potions with it so far. It doesn't work on everything so you might have to hunt around.

egTcBMc.png
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Everyone me inculded are posting about various issues or opinnions but no one's posting a thread to just... Enjoy it? So without further ado "Finbobar!"Tadah a thread to just hang out and muse about our experiences of Realm.

So that was 'fun' I wasn't a mage for 2 real life hours before I blew up stupid Uncontrollable Charge Curse... Oh well I did manage to buy a skull fairly early on but boy are they ever so RUDE... I guess being dead makes one a... Deadpan Snarker? Eh eh? (You know your a sims nerd when you use simlish in everyday speech..)

Well there is the ROM happy play thread already going.

Glad to see you’re enjoying the pack. I haven’t played for long enough yet to form a proper judgement of it.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    There is a happy play thread but this seems more like a convo thread of what you are enjoying. Sounds like it could invite a back and forth more than just a sharing of what you are doing in your game. Maybe even answer some questions. The threads aren't serving the same purpose.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,933 Member
    Anyone know if there is going to be a deluxe pack? When I went to buy it said standard pack, so it just had me wondering...
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    There is a happy play thread but this seems more like a convo thread of what you are enjoying. Sounds like it could invite a back and forth more than just a sharing of what you are doing in your game. Maybe even answer some questions. The threads aren't serving the same purpose.
    I know. I was only pointing out that people aren’t just making threads complaining about ROM.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I don’t know how some of you are moving through the pack so quickly my poor spellcaster only knows a few things so far after playing for hours and hours :D

I am navigating through the pack with a little story in mind though so that helps. My sim lives off the grid in a cottage that is only half built and falling apart. Trying to fix it up slowly without a 9-5 job. When I learned the cleaning spell I removed cob webs and icky wall/floor paint. When I learned repair spell I removed the cracks and holes in the walls. As if she’s doing it herself. Can’t wait until potion prices are fixed because money is the main struggle right now! Also she made good friends with Simeon before asking to learn magic. He’s been helping her with practical but in the meantime she’s now enemies with L. Morgyn doesn’t like L. either and mostly just because he thinks it’s funny he’s now training my sim in untamed magic hopefully so she can beat L. in a duel.

I’m having tons of fun anyway and it’s definitely inspired me to play with the sillier aspects of the sims that have never belonged in my suburban save files. :)