Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm starting to think it's not gonna get better.

Comments

• Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    I don't really mind about it but it was pretty sloppy and this is coming from someone who literally doesn't care about the builds.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think I started to become convinced of this back in 2017.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    musteni wrote: »
    I really agree with the poll result about lacking gameplay. It's really sad and it's there. Either you work your way around it or get bored. Perhaps that's why raging about missing doors just seems rather irrelevant to me. Those are stupid mistakes but such small problems in comparison.

Maybe small problems, but they're small easily avoidable problems that don't require work to fix, just for someone in the team to care enough. The fact that no one does says a lot.

THIS ----^
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    LGR...eh, not sure why anyone would just wait on his review if not for the humor as you can already tell he's burnt out on Sims related content in general already. Not to mention he's definitely not a fan of occult related sims or features. If anyone actually takes a deep look at the features in sim related packs, skills and more it'd be Carl's Sims 4 guide.

People make it sound like this is a new problem all of a sudden. It's not. GC's definitely have a bigger platform to work to guru's in their complaints and what's needed for the game (though it seems some of them are pretty cosmetic).

The base game just indefinitely needs some more long lasting gameplay to it. I enjoy the Sims 4, BUT there's definitely more I see that is needed to the base game. An attraction system, more likes and dislikes for sims, more substance to early life stages (babies toddlers, and children) and significant moments in a sims life (having a baby shower and sims being able to share the news with their family). Getting married is pretty drab and I'd like to see some different ceremonies , engagements parties, honeymoons and more to it). Then the NPC sims that have been still M.I.A though they been present in other series. More consequences I feel are still missing.

None of the other sim installments are perfect of course and have their problems, but S4 definitely needs more and I'd be completely fine with not having any packs just for them to work on more of the base game.

As sad as it is, this is true. The burnout of TS4 (or even the sims in general) is very transparent in his reviwes, but I don't blame him. It's ok if he doesn't want to do them anymore or play the games, your interests won't always remain the same sometimes. I feel like he might still do them though, because of how people always expect him to, or in other words, because of fan demand.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    LGR...eh, not sure why anyone would just wait on his review if not for the humor as you can already tell he's burnt out on Sims related content in general already. Not to mention he's definitely not a fan of occult related sims or features. If anyone actually takes a deep look at the features in sim related packs, skills and more it'd be Carl's Sims 4 guide.

People make it sound like this is a new problem all of a sudden. It's not. GC's definitely have a bigger platform to work to guru's in their complaints and what's needed for the game (though it seems some of them are pretty cosmetic).

The base game just indefinitely needs some more long lasting gameplay to it. I enjoy the Sims 4, BUT there's definitely more I see that is needed to the base game. An attraction system, more likes and dislikes for sims, more substance to early life stages (babies toddlers, and children) and significant moments in a sims life (having a baby shower and sims being able to share the news with their family). Getting married is pretty drab and I'd like to see some different ceremonies , engagements parties, honeymoons and more to it). Then the NPC sims that have been still M.I.A though they been present in other series. More consequences I feel are still missing.

None of the other sim installments are perfect of course and have their problems, but S4 definitely needs more and I'd be completely fine with not having any packs just for them to work on more of the base game.

As sad as it is, this is true. The burnout of TS4 (or even the sims in general) is very transparent in his reviwes, but I don't blame him. It's ok if he doesn't want to do them anymore or play the games, your interests won't always remain the same sometimes. I feel like he might still do them though, because of how people always expect him to, or in other words, because of fan demand.

I know he's burned out poor thing , but he is like one of the only reviews I trust....
    edited September 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

It’s possible that the quality of the product itself is to blame for his burnout (as opposed to external factors or a natural loss of interest). In that case, his reviews are perfectly valid and are justifiably taking aim at the cause of his burnout.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    we need to start looking at how this series is going downhill.

That's been a constant topic of conversation since the day the game released.

• Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    I think EA desperately needs to let off the gas a little and hire more people for the development teams at maxis before anymore burnout occurs, as shown with the recent packs.

I want TS4 to be the best it can be, and it cant when the publisher keeps forcing them out.
  • I was burnt out on sims 3 . I never had fun once playing that one. Didn't care for the sims in that game at all and was very burnt out. I thought my sims days were past me. Just because person X is burnt out, doesn't mean anything.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

OEII1001 wrote: »
    I did not enjoy Skyrim in any way, and so I never bothered with the DLC. Why? Because it's more Skyrim. Similarly, if you don't enjoy The Sims 4, more Sims 4 isn't going to make you start liking it. We're 5 years into this iteration; everyone knows what it is. It might be time to think about playing a different game if you're not happy about things.

Something to think about.

I think many of us do play other games, and more often than TS4. Unfortunately, there isn’t another game that scratches this one particular itch.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    I did not enjoy Skyrim in any way, and so I never bothered with the DLC. Why? Because it's more Skyrim. Similarly, if you don't enjoy The Sims 4, more Sims 4 isn't going to make you start liking it. We're 5 years into this iteration; everyone knows what it is. It might be time to think about playing a different game if you're not happy about things.

I agree wholeheartedly. 5 years in so it’s pretty set in stone as far as wHat TS4 will be. Any DLC added will be added with the base mechanics as a foundation. There isn’t going to be a huge overhaul of the game, patches to fix issues and add things sure but all within the structure that’s been set.

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Even though gameplay matters more, I think the point was that this is one example that highlights a lowered quality in recent packs.
    *yawn*

Why should I care about lilsimsie since I'm not a builder?

(It's not about that player, whoever that is...)

I think non-builders, especially, should care about incomplete premade builds (and having to bother to add a door themselves).
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • OEII1001 wrote: »

I very much agree with this. I don't know why some don't do the same. I mean, I have moved on from Sims 2 and sims 3. I only play 4 and I like Sims 4 the most, it makes sense.

• SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019

There's still sims 3 and sims 2 though, and according to sims 4's critics, those are better games, so why not just play those instead? its not like sims 4 is the only sims game or the first.... @So_Money

• bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    How about all the hundreds of new good-looking items that we've gotten, much for free, in the past year

Hundreds of new items for free? What were these and when did we get them? I know they released a few items in a patch here and there, but I can't recall them releasing hundreds of new free objects for the game.

Simmify wrote: »

There's still sims 3 and sims 2 though, and according to sims 4's critics, those are better games, so why not just play those instead? its not like sims 4 is the only sims game or the first.... @So_Money

TS2 is just too old. I’ve tried TS3 but it lacks in certain areas that TS4 excels in. There’s going to have to be compromise either way, so I might as well stick it out with TS4 and avoid investing in something else.
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    I still don't have ROM yet (going on a trip, will get it when I get back). However, I watched James Turner's recent "What's wrong with the Sims?" video, and while I love a lot of his builds and videos, I thought it was super nitpicky. This game has thousands of items, and he's complaining about a slight mismatch of one item that personally I doubt I would notice. How about the new stairs they just released? How about all the hundreds of new good-looking items that we've gotten, much for free, in the past year? And people are crying because they don't like the pre-built houses? Sheesh it's so easy to fix even for non-builders.

My big focus is on gameplay; I love the creative/building aspects but I hope the team focuses on amping up gameplay. More surprises, consequences, and challenge. That is all.

I agree so much! although witches aren't my thing really, Rom was pretty fun and complaining about buildings instead of any kind of gameplay issues is just a bad review.
  • Actually some of the people who incessantly complain about sims 4 don't play the other games. All the while, insisting that they are the better games. So it's silly to act like all who complain do @Trashmagic

• SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    Barbie430 wrote: »
    Simmify wrote: »

I just reread this thread and no one has brought up the previous games. They are talking about Sims 4 and it’s quality in their opinion. Not sure why you’d try to dismiss them by saying they should play earlier versions when that wasn’t the discussion.

People are allowed to praise or criticize whatever they choose about the game, even if it may seem inconsequential to you. But telling them their opinion doesn’t matter, or that they should get over it, or commenting on a YouTuber’s personality rather than what they said to discredit them isn’t cool.

Personally, on its own these smaller things don’t bother me too much, but when you couple it with some of the larger concerns some simmers (and game changers) have been voicing for the past few months it adds up and I can understand why they feel frustrated.

If Maxis wants to continue the Sims 4 for several more years then maintaining quality is a big deal, and if simmers believe that there is a drop in it then they should speak out about it, as I hope anyone having problems would. But that’s just me.

When someone chooses to be a public figure, they open themselves up to criticism, thats common sense. I think that if you want to talk about people being allow to their opinions im allowed mine as well, whether its about a youtuber or not.

Anyways I didn't say someone shouldn't , but there is a feedback section for these types of posts and posting this in general discussion serves no purpose really. Obviously most here in general discussion want to discuss the game we enjoy playing @Barbie430