Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FPS drops and lag since ROM

Comments

• MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    I can confirm there is a bit of lag, and also, the fastest speed doesn't run as fast as it used to.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    My FPS is okay (I think), but the game is hanging for a second or two every so often.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Thanks @Zeldaboy180 for this. My Husband’s pc has the same graphics card as the OP so i wonder how it would be on mine. That said that card is the same card M has and her game crashed repeatedly as you know.
  • kkellyy15kkellyy15 Posts: 11 New Member
    My game was lagging a lot and crashing after exiting CAS after I had installed RoM. I updated my computer and repaired the game and that seems to have fixed it!
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I noticed lag when we got Island Living and it will get worse the more packs we get. They aren't really optimizing them to run better.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    @Jean Here is (some of) my DxDiag report. It should have all my specs on it:

Machine name: ALIEN
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
    System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: Alienware Area-51m
    BIOS: 1.6.2 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16186MB RAM
    Page File: 14239MB used, 4378MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce RTX 2080
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1ED0&SUBSYS_08C41028&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 16102 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8010 MB
    Shared Memory: 8092 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (144Hz)

This HAS to be a game issue and not a hardware issue, especially with those specs. Whew, can’t say I’m not jealous 😳😳😮💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    There are multiple packs with it's own coding that intertwine with each other and may cause problems if the program is not tweaked properly and in time those with low end systems may start running with errors as EA/Maxis add more packs let alone not fixing bugs early in the game and I believe with previous versions this could have been one of the problems. So much for streamlining an program when you have some of the problems that may have plagued older programs. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Thanks @Zeldaboy180 for this. My Husband’s pc has the same graphics card as the OP so i wonder how it would be on mine. That said that card is the same card M has and her game crashed repeatedly as you know.

Apparently there is a known issue where the game crashes everytime you exit cas while a spellcaster is mid animation as well.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited September 2019
    I did notice a bit of lag/camera stutter as well.
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    what I do have, is sometimes the game suddenly lags for a little bit and then turns back to 'normal'.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Windows released a faulty update recently that was using a lot of cpu. They just released a fix this week. For anyone still having lag problems make sure your windows is up to date.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    Windows released a faulty update recently that was using a lot of cpu. They just released a fix this week. For anyone still having lag problems make sure your windows is up to date.

@Livinity interesting thank you. I am updating Windows now

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited September 2019
    My computer randomly updated Tuesday after I installed ROM and had some lag spikes and stuttering. I didn’t play again really until today and immediately noticed that the lag was gone. My game is running smooth again so it could have been the update that fixed it.

Edit: should clarify I mean the lag is gone but I still the occasional stutter and FPS drops. I’ve been getting those for a while now it did not start with the recent patch. My specs are above what is needed for 4. Hope the start looking in to this kind of stuff we don’t want it to keep getting worse. Some of my bigger saves are even worse, it’s always manageable and not bad just a little frustrating at times.
    Post edited by Akl500P on
    edited September 2019
    I tried the update, but it didn't work. I created a bug report at the EA Help center. If anyone is still experience the camera stuttering, please let them know at the link below.

Report camera stuttering here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Camera-Stuttering/m-p/8198382#M104335
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I too have experienced the same issue.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    I think the game started lagging after the patch. I don't own RoM, so I don't think the pack is causing the issues.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2019
    i get as low as 8 fps when editing sims in cas in this newest update, and the game have only run for few minutes. im putting the game off until next patch since it's really unplayable for me.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    I haven’t had the constant 30-40 FPS that I got the first time I played with ROM installed. But I think that I am still getting more FPS dips than I used to, although they are manageable. Interesting that it’s not just me.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    I tried the update, but it didn't work. I created a bug report at the EA Help center. If anyone is still experience the camera stuttering, please let them know at the link below.

Can confirm this, the lag comes from the game. Few people are complaining though, I wonder why. I hope they see this.

Can confirm this, the lag comes from the game. Few people are complaining though, I wonder why. I hope they see this.

Thanks for the confirmation. I really do hope the devs address this because it will only get worst and worst if they don't do anything about it.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try.[/quote

I actually had to update Windows twice. One update came through two or three days ago then another smaller one came out the following day. The bad part was I was too busy to play my game in between those two updates so I cannot say if the update is at the root of your problems. But it may very well have adjusted some of your settings. Windows updates are notorious for doing that. Especially when you're on a high end PC, or use custom graphic card settings. I have few issues with lag and such while gaming on my laptop, but have lag at times when playing Sims4 on my newer gaming rig. And the specs on your PC are almost identical to the specs on my gaming rig except I have a Ryzen cpu. So having a newer PC doesn't always mean Sims4 is going to play better. Part of the reason behind that is Sims4 is still compatible with lower end PCs and is not optimized to take advantage of a 2080 graphics card or the new Intel cpu's. nvidea also released two updates this past week around the same times as the Windows updates. If you didn't get a notification, you might want to go to their site and check their update list.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    basically my FPS falls a lot in the realm of magic. I got to trade lots but eventually it falls. I used even the latest simsie which is an improved version of the standard and yet I can't have a fps over 30 different from other worlds. I imagine this is not only unique in the ROM world but also in others with the somewhat larger lot. I'll try to adapt that magic school. I hope they optimize this game because this drop in fps on a lot that is in a closed district is totally out of the ordinary.
    Have you guys checked your CPU temperatures? Between the latest patch and RoM, I noticed that my CPU core temperatures have reached 87c at the highest! They are averaging out at 70c-81c. It wasn't like this before the latest patch to RoM. Skyrim on max settings maxes out at 50c!
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I find that deleting screenshots or moving them out the folder makes the game work better.