Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about hybrids

Now that we have witches do any of ya’ll know if it’s possible to make a vampire/witch hybrid? I only ask because I haven’t actually gotten to the gameplay yet to try it out. Too busy making my perfect witchy sim.

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    You should be able to make a spellcaster-vampire hybrid by making a spellcaster and then using the following cheat to turn them into a vampire:

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire

Alternatively you could make a vampire and use a cheat to turn them into a spellcaster. I don’t know what the cheat code for turning a sim into a spellcaster is but I guess it will be something like this:

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultSpellcaster

Hybrids are buggy, though and you probably won’t be able to see both the vampire powers panel and the spellcaster powers panel since they will conflict.

You shouldn’t be able to get vampire-spellcaster hybrids without cheats... But there is a bug where hybrids sometimes occur if an occult sim is abducted by aliens or two different occult’s have a baby together so spellcaster hybrids will probably pop up sometimes without intervention.
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited September 2019
    Pretty much what @MaggieMarley said but the spellcaster traits are as follows:
    trait_Occult_WitchOccult
    trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested

And I just tried to add my spellcaster's vampire brother to his household to try it out on him, but I forgot about the crashing if exiting CAS during the spellcaster idle animation lol
    So I'll try it out again in a few minutes
    I just did some more testing for you which probably wasn't needed but just some interesting stuff - the female was a vampire originally and had the spellcaster trait added through cheats, and the male was a spellcaster and had the vampire trait added via cheat

Dueling
    NOW7GgA.png
    1WZctrc.jpg

Vampiric spar
    7AQLtSX.png
    npopD3H.png

Drinking
    ta4VonI.png

Both have the vampire needs (vampire energy and thirst), and spellcaster perk tree, like in the needs bar I shared in my previous post. And both have the spellcaster plumbob.

So yes, you can make spellcaster-vampire hybrids.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    afai1261 wrote: »
    It worked
    YCxJZ4k.png

Yay! Thank you for testing this out. I will be so happy if this works for me without being too buggy. Vampires being unable to learn magic in RoM was such a disappointment to me.

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    The devs said hybrids are not supported in Sims 4, or 3 for that matter, but it never stopped people from trying or having issues in their game because of it. I just don't use unsupported game play in game not made to actually have that programming. That way i have no complaints about it creating problems. I rarely get problems in Sims 4.

Technically only Sims 2 supported hybrids and the devs stated it was a nightmare to make it possible as it was supposed to be.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    Thank you all so much! Yeah I just wasn’t sure about it so I figured I’d ask. But I’ll try your suggestions
  • I hate reading instructions :D But I want a hybrid of vampire/spellcaster. Guess I'll just make her a spellcaster , I don't want game issues.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    @afai1261 I apologize for being off topic, but I'm in love with your Sim!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DoctorCongoDoctorCongo Posts: 2 New Member
    A couple of tips:
    1. I found starting with a vampire easiest. Get him/her to the power level you want, with the abilities and weaknesses you want, 'cause you can't change 'em once you hybrid into a spellcaster.
    2. Delete your dark form. You can't access it once you hybridize, and it creates a new, random one every time you use an ability. So unless you are a chaos vamp, this gets annoying really fast. You can edit their normal appearance as normal.
    3. Watch that Charge! You can't see what your charge meter is when your a hybrid, so be careful. The discharge ability and a familiar are kind of a must here.
    A couple of other notes. All of your vamp and witch abilities seem to work, but you CAN lose the context menu options for Vampire movement (travel as bats, teleport as mist, etc...) when you click on the ground to move, but you still have access to them if you click on your sim.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Hybrids are fun. I've made a combination of Alien/Mermaid/Vampire hybrid. And I've been planing to make a quadhybrid by adding Spellcaster. I've just stumbled about what to name my sim & what hairstyle should I give her, I've made so many sims that I can't seem to come up with a new idea.
  • VeraW82VeraW82 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a master vampire that I want to add the spellcaster trait to as per the instructions above, but nothing happens. Am I missing something? Where do I enter the cheat? In live mode or CAS? What is the complete cheat?
    VeraW82 wrote: »
    I have a master vampire that I want to add the spellcaster trait to as per the instructions above, but nothing happens. Am I missing something? Where do I enter the cheat? In live mode or CAS? What is the complete cheat?

@VeraW82 in live mode:
    ctrl+shift+c

testingcheats on

traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult
    traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested
  • Arijon59Arijon59 Posts: 3 New Member
    I want these cheats to last forever on my sim:

traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire_Manifested
    traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested

That way, it would have been no problem to make a hybrid with all life states anymore. Because it doesn't hack when you have those cheats on.
    Then it's just that:
    1: traits.equip_trait trait_OccultAlien_FakeAlien
    2: traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire and give the sim all the perks and powers.
    3: traits.remove_trait trait_OccultVampire
    4: traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult and give the sim all perks and spells
    5: traits.remove_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult
    6: traits.equip_trait trait_OccultMermaid
    7: traits.equip_trait trait_OccultVampire_Manifested
    8: traits.equip_trait trait_Occult_WitchOccult_Manifested

Then hybrids work!