Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ashes to Ashes: A Legacy [Temporary Hiatus 4/4]

Comments

• CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Happy Saturday! Let’s see how Ember and Gigi’s conversation goes...

8.56: Long Story
    ilrMIPQ.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Well,
    That went a bit better than I expected. Although I think it will take a long time for Ember to really forgive her Mother. Gigi did so much wrong. All the lying was/is too much for Ember to just get over after one talk.
    Hopefully all will work out in the end.
    Great chapter! Well written and got all those feels out there a bit anyway for both of them.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    My eyes are watering. Darn allergies!
    edited September 2019
    @haswh Exactly — there was no way this could all be fixed in one conversation, unfortunately. But it definitely did allow them both to get their feelings out there... which is probably the best that could have been hoped for at this time :/

I’m so glad you liked this one! :)

@suzanna13 sorry for the, uh, allergies... :grimace::bawling:
    snvAF3B.png
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    Does Gigi really think she can guilt trip Ember? I wouldn't have hugged her. That might be a little cold, but Gigi doesn't deserve any hugs
    @tinahjalmar It’s understandable — a lot of people are so mad at her right now, and with good reason! But despite her feelings, Ember still loves Gigi. But it’s very, very hard right now. :/
    snvAF3B.png
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited September 2019
    I was hoping for Ember to hear out Gigi only to say this to her mother's sob story...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLnTWxpTQt4

...then again I was rooting for Phoenix to divorce Gigi as soon as they married in the previous generation. >:)
    @VanPelt81 Ha! Perfect reaction :naughty: Nah, Ember still has a soft spot for her mother, and was willing to hear her out, at least!

And better late than never for that divorce? :grimace: LOL
    snvAF3B.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Lol! That’s the best line and yeah, fits the situation perfectly!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited September 2019
    @pammiechick Hehehe yeah, I think a lot of people relate to that sentiment when Gigi tries to explain herself :joy: Whoops... :tongue:

@everyone (Lol) Tomorrow is our last journal of the gen :scream: After this, the rest are all third person (and take place after a time jump.... hehehe)
    snvAF3B.png
    Today, we see how Emberlynn is moving on after that difficult conversation with her mother...

8.57: Move On
    vnEo17k.png
    snvAF3B.png
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    Should I use spoiler tags for this?
    Which one of the parental figures learned how to use Patreon? 🤣

I'm glad it looks like Xander and Lola are going to patch things up. I know she's got some culpability in all this, because if I recall correctly, didn't Phoenix go to Lola when she got pregnant and ask her directly if it could be his child, and she assured him it was not? But I always loved her anyway and as a single mom of sons myself, the thought of being estranged from them is heartbreaking.
    --edited to correct some funky grammar
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    :)
    I'm so happy for Ember to be happy! She has had so much going on. A little closure with her bio father is good for her too. That extra money in the right moment was wonderful. I do wonder who did that though? Tristan will take over Ember's place now and that worked out well too! I just hope it will continue to go well for her. I do think Ember will eventually move back home, cause well, she's the heir.
    So much to be happy about this chapter! :)
    @Simpatsyann What are you talking about! It was just a very generous fan, okay??? ;) But maybe down the line Emberlynn and Xander will figure out who their, uh, fan is and thank them?

You’re right that Lola did outright lie to Phoenix way back when. He directly asked if the baby was his, and she said no because she knew he would never leave Gigi (since she believed Ember was Phee’s just like everyone else did). To her, lying saved herself, Phoenix, and Xander a lot of pain and heartache.

Luckily though, things are going really well for her and Xander now :heart: I think it will still take time for him to truly let go of the pain he feels, but he’s willing to try. He loves his mom and understands now that her heart was in the right place :heart:

Thank you for reading, and for your comment!

@haswh I’m glad this one made you so happy :heart: And Emberlynn has definitely earned her happiness too! And like you said, hopefully it will continue! The mystery donator will come up again in the future too hehe

And as for Emberlynn returning to Windenburg... we’ll see! I’ve broken enough legacy rules already that you never know though hehe Eirher way, looking forward to a change of scenery! I love Windenburg but I’m also a little sick of it haha (part of why BB featured in Gen 7!)

Thank you for reading, as always! :heart:
    snvAF3B.png
    edited September 2019
    "This might sound dumb, but I’m mostly mad at… I dunno. The world? The universe? God? Whatever magical force out there decided to tear my family apart. I don’t know who or what is responsible for this stupid mess, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 them. Seriously."

Hey @CitizenErased14, I think your sim is mad at you. ;)

Also, when is the Gen 9 Casting Call?
    So glad she's moving on...
    And...omg! I wonder if she's ever going to meet her sisters! :open_mouth:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @VanPelt81 Hehehehe I threw that in there as a little inside joke, glad you caught it ;) Yes, she’s very mad at me and has every right to be, WHOOPS! :tongue:

As for Casting Call... I have some bad news :( I won’t be doing a casting call this generation. I’ve really loved doing them in the past, but I decided not to going into this final gen, for a few reasons. One is the fact that I usually get a lot of submissions (I’ve had over 40 before for a single gen!) and it’s a lot of work to sift through them all, you know? And secondly, it always makes me feel guilty when I can’t use all the sims that have been submitted. I don’t want to upset people by not using a sim that they worked really hard on, which I feel like I do a lot! So for gen 9, I’ll be making the sims myself, as well as maybe grabbing some off the gallery or nicely asking a couple friends if they wanna make somebody for me. But no open casting call. I’m sorry :bawling: But I hope people understand :heart:

@pammiechick She might someday! It’s hard to say right now. But she’s definitely not ready to pursue that right now. You never know what the future holds though!
    snvAF3B.png
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    OMG! Your new banner! I love it! <3 I can’t believe it’s almost Gen 9!
    Thank you @AudreyFld ! :blush: I’m really excited but kind of sad too... I’m gonna miss Emberlynn a lot :(
    snvAF3B.png
  • purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member
    Just caught up on the pat couple chapters. I’m glad Emberlynn was able to talk to her mom-it didn’t go as badly as it could have! And now we’re off to Del Sol Valley! It’s weird to think that back when this story started, Windenburg was the shiny new world...

And I cannot believe you’re almost at Gen 9! We’re getting close to the end of the challenge, right? (I always forget if Legacy ends when gen 10 is born or when they die...)

Great job as always!
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
    Love the new banner!

And Xander looks exactly like Phee working on his music. Lol!!!

Heir is a cutie pie! Can't wait for the new gen!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    edited September 2019
    @purplestarz2006 it’s true — that conversation could have gone so much worse! Emberlynn handled it pretty well, all things considered... now it’s off to new adventures!

And man... you’re right! Windenburg was shiny and new and I was so excited to start my Legacy there, but after writing this story for almost 4 years, I need a chance of scenery (and so do the rosebrooks!)

I’m going by the “official” legacy definition, where the legacy is technically over once gen 10 is born... but we will have a mini gen 10 to bring this thing to a close! Gen 9 is the last “real” gen we will have though... I can’t believe it either! :scream:

Thanks for your continued support as we enter the home stretch :heart:

@pammiechick Ha! You’re right! From a distance, he really looks nearly identical to Phee! Can’t see the Lola in him til you’re close up haha Glad you love the banner!

And yes, he’s so cute! I really love him as a teen and YA too (when we can see more of his features). He’s an interesting kid, when you think about it... Phoenix, Gigi, and Lola DNA (and rando Brandon Lol) all rolled in one!
    snvAF3B.png
  • pkinitasimspkinitasims Posts: 80 Member
    What?!? I didn't realise it ended after 10 generations!! What am I gonna do!!! I need the Rosebrook drama!!
    @purplestarz2006 it’s true — that conversation could have gone so much worse! Emberlynn handled it pretty well, all things considered... now it’s off to new adventures!

And man... you’re right! Windenburg was shiny and new and I was so excited to start my Legacy there, but after writing this story for almost 4 years, I need a chance of scenery (and so do the rosebrooks!)

I’m going by the “official” legacy definition, where the legacy is technically over once gen 10 is born... but we will have a mini gen 10 to bring this thing to a close! Gen 9 is the last “real” gen we will have though... I can’t believe it either! :scream:

Thanks for your continued support as we enter the home stretch :heart:

@pammiechick Ha! You’re right! From a distance, he really looks nearly identical to Phee! Can’t see the Lola in him til you’re close up haha Glad you love the banner!

And yes, he’s so cute! I really love him as a teen and YA too (when we can see more of his features). He’s an interesting kid, when you think about it... Phoenix, Gigi, and Lola DNA (and rando Brandon Lol) all rolled in one!

Speculations for how Gen 10 kid will handle being given a journal now forming in my head. >:)
    edited September 2019
    @pkinitasims Awww! :heart: I know... I can’t believe it’ll be over :( And I love that you love the drama so much! I do too! But all things must end :bawling: But we still have a whole gen ahead to look forward to! (And a little Gen 10 too! :heart:)

@VanPelt81
    tenor.gif
    snvAF3B.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top