Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Morgyn

Comments

• RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    I made Father Winter a spellcaster. He ended up setting a fire at HQ and walked away without doing anything. Thankfully Morgyn came along to extinguish it. I think he's a great guy.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    I just saw a game changer do this to Morgyn and I have no words. Am I the only one who thinks he was perfect before?
    8ArDrKz.jpg

ETA: I'm not bashing it. It's actually kind of interesting to see what a more realistic version of him would look like. I just prefer the original look and the drastic difference shocked me a bit.

Thats that girl who thinks her alpha cc sims look amazing when actually....nevermind. But yeah, he looks a mess. She likes that style though *sheesh* :D He was far better BEFORE her "improvements".
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Simmify wrote: »
    I just saw a game changer do this to Morgyn and I have no words. Am I the only one who thinks he was perfect before?
    8ArDrKz.jpg

ETA: I'm not bashing it. It's actually kind of interesting to see what a more realistic version of him would look like. I just prefer the original look and the drastic difference shocked me a bit.

Thats that girl who thinks her alpha cc sims look amazing when actually....nevermind. But yeah, he looks a mess. She likes that style though *sheesh* :D He was far better BEFORE her "improvements".

I keep forgetting just how much I dislike alpha CC.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Simmify wrote: »
    8ArDrKz.jpg

Definitely agree. I didn’t want to be rude but what she did to him hurts my soul :D
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    a314cd6e80720834682fdf124c0b19e89adedf44.png

Wow lookie at Morgyn fanart!

Did you make that?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @Marnetti pffft no I can't draw that beautifully!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    @Marnetti pffft no I can't draw that beautifully!

Oh :lol:, who’s the artist? I wanna check out their artwork
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    Marnetti wrote: »

Oh :lol:, who’s the artist? I wanna check out their artwork

This person
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    My gen 12 heiress and Morgyn have gotten very friendly...
    B0faly8.png
    UVGwYhm.png
    091wKYw.png
    a6vG9jK.png

That didn't deter him from wiping the floor with her in a duel, though
    RokwGqD.png
    68SdGDt.png
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    This got pretty long, so I've put it in its own Imgur gallery, but here's a preview of an extremely cute pre-first-kiss expression.

JFtOOlb.png

(Please note that while this set is entirely SFW and only has fully-clothed kissing, some animations are from external sources.)
  • EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    I’ll probably change Morgyn to be a tomboyish woman as that’s how he appeared to me in the trailer.
  • DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    a314cd6e80720834682fdf124c0b19e89adedf44.png

Wow lookie at Morgyn fanart!

OMG! I love it! Thanks for sharing! XD XD XD It reminds of this artist on deviantart that made tons of gorgeous Caleb fanart!

https://www.deviantart.com/june-b
    @DreamOperator same person lol
  • DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    @DreamOperator same person lol

HeeHee! We apparently have the same taste in sims! XD Hopefully they draw a ton more of Morgyn.

• SvanetianRoseSvanetianRose Posts: 31 Member

Seems I'm not the only one who did this lol. I love his wedding dress.

09_12_19_9_12_56am_by_svanetianrose_ddg1ac1-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjU3MmUxNjEtZDQyZi00NTg3LTkxNjktMTFjMTEzYzg5NDg5XC9kZGcxYWMxLWVmMDE2NjEyLTRlY2MtNDJmYS1hNmNmLTQ5ZTE5N2UzZjIxYS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.kP9Nv0Z2fPpTqxgK_Trlf1q1T2KC7mXIhej5D_ZLHnE

09_12_19_9_11_50am_by_svanetianrose_ddg1aca-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjU3MmUxNjEtZDQyZi00NTg3LTkxNjktMTFjMTEzYzg5NDg5XC9kZGcxYWNhLWNiYzllZDBhLTg5Y2MtNGMzMi05N2M4LWRhMzc3ZDI3OTllYS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.hpQr-lqNevrxIMcch0yhqcaXxU2SNPxZLTGmhDJm2iA

Also, his death glare at my spellcaster sim. :D

09_12_19_11_02_28am_by_svanetianrose_ddg1a9f-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjU3MmUxNjEtZDQyZi00NTg3LTkxNjktMTFjMTEzYzg5NDg5XC9kZGcxYTlmLWI1MGUzY2VkLTViN2MtNGQ3YS04ODk1LWVlZjgxYmJkYTM5YS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.EbZzK5B5T5ZWm_Lnx_vytMhz02se4iO1AqFqpqyzRwA
    Origin ID: SvanetianRoses
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    [/quote] Also, his death glare at my spellcaster sim. :D

09_12_19_11_02_28am_by_svanetianrose_ddg1a9f-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzIwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMjU3MmUxNjEtZDQyZi00NTg3LTkxNjktMTFjMTEzYzg5NDg5XC9kZGcxYTlmLWI1MGUzY2VkLTViN2MtNGQ3YS04ODk1LWVlZjgxYmJkYTM5YS5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTI4MCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.EbZzK5B5T5ZWm_Lnx_vytMhz02se4iO1AqFqpqyzRwA
    [/quote]

That death glare is fabulous! XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Well, best laid plans and all that...

So my plan was to have Rosemary - my testing spellcaster - become bff's with Morgyn and that was going to be that.

Then they went to the romance festival together (I was going to swipe dragonfruit) and I got distracted by RL stuff. Came back to the computer and they've got about 15-20% of the romance bar filled.

I was on the lookout for a good potential baby-daddy because I was debating seeing how the magic bloodline worked and how kids interact with familiars, but I don't feel comfortable changing whether or not Morgyn can impregnate someone and yet I'd feel guilty about denying what they've started on their own... (with some help from Sakura tea, apparently)
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Well, best laid plans and all that...

So my plan was to have Rosemary - my testing spellcaster - become bff's with Morgyn and that was going to be that.

Then they went to the romance festival together (I was going to swipe dragonfruit) and I got distracted by RL stuff. Came back to the computer and they've got about 15-20% of the romance bar filled.

I was on the lookout for a good potential baby-daddy because I was debating seeing how the magic bloodline worked and how kids interact with familiars, but I don't feel comfortable changing whether or not Morgyn can impregnate someone and yet I'd feel guilty about denying what they've started on their own... (with some help from Sakura tea, apparently)

I'm choosing to switch the toggle to let Morgyn impregnate my heiress, just because I want his babies, but I'm keeping his gender-fluidity in his outfit choices and leaving the rest of the custom gender toggles the same. I just don't care for that kind of fertility realism in the sims. My gen 4 had a gay couple that were both cis, but I let one of them have the ability to get pregnant, because I want biological heirs for my legacy. :D

I also use the woohooer mod on Sims 3 to let gay/lesbian couples have biological babies too~ <3
  • Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Morgyn doesn't interest me that much, none of the sages do. I'm more interested in my own sims, so I'll just use the sages to become spell casters and to learn magic.

One thing I'm curious about, do the sage characters age? I know they'll be replaced if we move them in or marry them, but I began to wonder if they would die of old age at some point and be replaced. Or would they still be sages, just as ghosts, like some of the hospital staff.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    @Sheepiling cheats are a wonderful thing. I believe MCCC has a impregnate with option if you don’t want to switch the toggle. Typically, as I like to try and keep things somewhat realistic-ish in my game I tend to make up reasons why sims can have kids.

For example- blessing of the idol from the temple allowed my heiress to get babyfied with her wife. (This didn’t directly happened, just used it as a story excuse). Could pick a potion to make and claim that helped them through ~magic~ to get pregnant!
    edited September 2019
    @Sheepiling cheats are a wonderful thing. I believe MCCC has a impregnate with option if you don’t want to switch the toggle. Typically, as I like to try and keep things somewhat realistic-ish in my game I tend to make up reasons why sims can have kids.

For example- blessing of the idol from the temple allowed my heiress to get babyfied with her wife. (This didn’t directly happened, just used it as a story excuse). Could pick a potion to make and claim that helped them through ~magic~ to get pregnant!

I don't like to use mods on Sims 4 because there's updates so frequently that they break all the time, and I just don't want to deal with updating them constantly. I enjoy mods for Sims 3 because the game isn't getting updates anymore, I can just throw a mod in and not worry about it anymore.

And switching the toggle on Morgyn is just typing in one cheat and pushing 2 buttons, it's really not difficult to do, and I dislike realism (I'm into fantasy and weird stuff) so I'm not gonna come up with any reason why pregnancies happen. Your temple idea is really cute, but I don't really have a desire to jump through hoops like that for my sims. When I did it to my gay couple I just thought "oop you're pregnant now yay babies"
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    When in doubt, there's always saying it was magic. I mean, Morgyn is literally a Sage of Untamed Magic, there's gotta be a spell for that. "Impregnato!"
    edited September 2019
    I have nothing against trans or nonbinary but what do we really know? Morgyn has a gender-neutral name (an odd spelling of it) Is tagged Male, Can't go to bathroom standing up and can't make babies. also they are tagged with both female and male clothing choices. (wearing ugly as holy heck harry houdini clothes outside of everyday) I do not know the process of gender changing or prefs as a cis gay male but if a trans or nb could elaborate I think we can all calmly discuss what these 'tags' represent as far as pronouns go. After all Morgyn is an NPC and is only playable via moving them in thus they have no official background other than the reveal trailer which acts as a brief backstory to Morgyn becoming The Sage of The Untamed. As anyone asked their VA from gameplay trailer what they think Morgyn prefers themselves to be called by?
    I have nothing against trans or nonbinary but what do we really know? Morgyn has a gender-neutral name (an odd spelling of it) Is tagged Male, Can't go to bathroom standing up and can't make babies. also they are tagged with both female and male clothing choices. (wearing ugly as holy heck harry houdini clothes outside of everyday) I do not know the process of gender changing or prefs as a cis gay male but if a trans or nb could elaborate I think we can all calmly discuss what these 'tags' represent as far as pronouns go. After all Morgyn is an NPC and is only playable via moving them in thus they have no official background other than the reveal trailer which acts as a brief backstory to Morgyn becoming The Sage of The Untamed. As anyone asked their VA from gameplay trailer what they think Morgyn prefers themselves to be called by?

The SimGurus used male pronouns during the Realm of Magic livestream, so I'm going to be using that for his preferred pronouns since Maxis made Morgyn. I am giving him a make-over because the clothing choices Maxis made are not flattering at all outside of everyday/formal/cold weather (also why does he have a bun hairstyle on half his outfits, people don't randomly put in 10 inches of extensions just to throw it up and go to sleep), and I'm going to be giving both masculine and feminine clothing options for most of his outfit slots so that he has choices.

That's just how I see him though and I respect people that interpret him differently :o
    @Sheepiling I gave Morgyn dresses and changed their outfits like you said their premade outfits were nightmare inducing...