Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trendy & Fashionable Modest In Game Looks for Muslim Female Sims

lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
Okay, I took inspiration for some of these outfits from my friends. I also talked to our family friend and my mother's caregiver. She's a Muslim and comes over everyday. She gave me a lot of tips and once I was done modeling Taci Tesfaye, she approved <3 . I thought we were going to be limited to a librarian look. For headwraps, as long as the neck area is all covered, it's fine. Unfortunately, we don't have scarves and really any turtlenecks (at least not in my game, I have all but one game pack and one stuff pack).

A lot of Muslim women dress very fashionable and are trendy. Even my friends back in school didn't limit themselves, but they were always modest and mostly covered. I actually had a lot of fun coming up with these outfits. Unfortunately the game doesn't have enough to cover the shoulders or chest even with hijab. For those who use cc, you can always try an accessory shirt or turtleneck. But I think I did a good job by combining all these looks using game only items.

Items are from: BG, CL, C&D, SEA, SV, VG (dress shoes), LD (some boots), IL, MOS, GT, SPA, CK.

All of these looks with the exception of two with the headwraps and not hijab are from the game. In order to wear the headwraps, I had to use cc, but it wasn't too much.
rsVfGa7.png
hHWIUwy.png
BcBy6FE.png
xy2rotX.png
s5TXvNs.png
QuKCITp.png
K0nZ9Sa.png
usqMCTV.png
QJPyujL.png
KzleMnx.png
oBjRiYF.png
3UoKax1.png
uYzL0Gu.png
YVPrdSV.png
GzNYBmS.png
KVeAciZ.png
AEjmF8z.png
MppM3eA.png
ZVCbw9o.png
nvWk4Q1.png
xcOKQWs.png

CC Looks
6ZJf4qM.png
oZIQ1Ym.png

Acc turtleneck Sims 4 Nexus, Wrap Redhead Sims, long dresses Gorilla X

Comments

• AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Nice! I really love the first look!
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    AngelEb95 wrote: »
    Nice! I really love the first look!

@AngelEb95 Thank you so much! I really like that look too. :)
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I love all those outfits and so sweet your friends were the inspiration. I love that.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    I love all those outfits and so sweet your friends were the inspiration. I love that.

@Scobre
    Thank you so much! This was a lot of fun. I know a lot of ppl don't use cc on this forum, so I wanted to come up with looks using the game items. Plus, the less cc I have to use the better (because I already have a lot) LOL. I was so thankful to my mom's caregiver, she's also a family friend and she helped me so much with this. Thanks again for your comment. :)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    In the future in my Swanson Legacy- I'm going to have two different sims wear "headscarves" for penance reasons in my story. the second time the 2nd sim who wears it will have an outfit simliar to the first and second pictures. But the first sim will have a more conservative dress style
    6adMCGP.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    These are super cute, bravo!
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Looks great!

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    These are beautiful, thank you for sharing!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    Small chance I'll make a muslim woman in my game....but like I said, small, as in there IS a chance because I have just about every other ethnicity under the sun in my Sim's family tree (including Alien, like I said, every ethnicity!). And if I do I'll definitely look to your outfits for inspiration instead of just slapping that Muslim dress with a different color swap.
  • CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Your sim looks awesome, so beautiful, well done!
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    I love this! Job well done
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Really love that white and gold sweater/jacket combo 😍
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have friends that wear head scarves like the last two that are not muslim at all - so the last two are not really the same thing. They remind me of the head scarves women used to wear in old 50 movies (i used to watch with my grandmother) to keep their hair in place when riding in convertible cars. Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, and Jane Mansfield were known to wear head scarves like that in all their movies.

Tippi Hedrin wore one in the movie The Birds - when she was driving her small convertible to drop off the love birds in the movie.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I have friends that wear head scarves like the last two that are not muslim at all - so the last two are not really the same thing. They remind me of the head scarves women used to wear in old 50 movies (i used to watch with my grandmother) to keep their hair in place when riding in convertible cars. Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, and Jane Mansfield were known to wear head scarves like that in all their movies.

Tippi Hedrin wore one in the movie The Birds - when she was driving her small convertible to drop off the love birds in the movie.
    Yes I love the 1950s movies with the head scarves. The Birds is a very good movie.
    IMG_2266.jpg

My Russian coworker would wear a head scarf like the one in life magazine except more colorful. It was really cool I saw a couple of Muslim women wearing a hijab with really pretty outfits at the mall today, so nice to see women where I live in America represented in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    MadameLee wrote: »
    In the future in my Swanson Legacy- I'm going to have two different sims wear "headscarves" for penance reasons in my story. the second time the 2nd sim who wears it will have an outfit simliar to the first and second pictures. But the first sim will have a more conservative dress style

@MadameLee
    That's awesome! Do you post about your legacy on the forum?
    Yes, what I was told is that more of the millennial Muslim women and just women in that culture who aren't Muslim are dressing more trendy and are not as restrictive. My friends in school dressed on par with some of our peers, but they were still modest. The great thing is, a lot of cultures that we choose to represent can wear these in game. Thanks for the comment. :)
    Small chance I'll make a muslim woman in my game....but like I said, small, as in there IS a chance because I have just about every other ethnicity under the sun in my Sim's family tree (including Alien, like I said, every ethnicity!). And if I do I'll definitely look to your outfits for inspiration instead of just slapping that Muslim dress with a different color swap.

@DoodlyDoofus

Like I was talking to our family friend. She's from Sudan and has been in the US for over 20 years. She was saying a lot of girls and women in her community who aren't practicing Muslims where this style, because it's so closely related to their culture. I named this as a Muslim Sim because I was inspired by her and others I knew and it really warmed her heart when I showed her the pictures.

Yes, I try to put in a lot of different ethnicities and cultures. Growing up in Seattle, I had friends from all over, so I usually like to play my game like that. :) Thanks for your comment!
    edited September 2019
    lasummerb wrote: »
    MadameLee wrote: »

@MadameLee
    That's awesome! Do you post about your legacy on the forum?
    Yes, what I was told is that more of the millennial Muslim women and just women in that culture who aren't Muslim are dressing more trendy and are not as restrictive. My friends in school dressed on par with some of our peers, but they were still modest. The great thing is, a lot of cultures that we choose to represent can wear these in game. Thanks for the comment. :)

@lasummerb if you click on the siggy thing-you can be lead to the blog which the story is on. But I can after I go into the pool fish up some pictures from Attempt 2 of the Swanson legacy of both twins (at different times) wearing CC hijab

Jane (I'm not this far into my story yet..it's like in 3 chapters from the point I'm at) oVSRQtv.png

HAM (later on)
    Mq3GwUh.png

Oh and a word of warning .. I use bad words..for storytelling
    6adMCGP.gif
    @darrenfroggy Thank you glad you like!

@Cheekyimp Thank you! Taci was a model in her younger days (she is now an adult with a YA daughter and grand kids) This pic is her a younger adult, but even older women Sims can wear this look. :)

@doublenoodles thank you!

@Themrsg4422 I do too! I love gold and white together.
    edited September 2019
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

@Writin_Reg

yes, the head scarves aren't supposed to represent the hijab. But our family friend was telling me she and her family and friends often wear the head scarf with their earrings and shawls to cover the rest like at parties and celebrations when they want to dress up more. As long as the head is covered and along with something else covering the neck and torso and shoulders. :)

eta I love those looks too. I've been watching classics with my mom since I was 4 or 5, over 30 something years. These headwraps cover all the hair though. I wish we had the scarves the characters wore in those movies that shows the hair. There is a cc version I used to have.
    This is one outfit I made with the hijab using the new pack.

09-11-19_12-11-24_AM.png
    @MadameLee thanks! I bookmarked your blog.

@Scobre that outfit looks great! Unfortunately I am gonna miss out on these clothes since I am not planning on getting the new pack. But I love the whole look of this! I remember the TS3 store had a set with similar clothing. Thanks for posting your pic!
    here's the pictures I just took today
    GdMWnTI.png

G6fQa8a.png

79kTU92.png
    6adMCGP.gif