Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Regular townies turning into spellcasters?

Comments

• Christina0216Christina0216 Posts: 11 New Member
    I guess I'm a little confused as to why there is an issue with random townies being generated in the Realm, in which case they are probably practicing magic..but then in the regular world they are just their normal selves. Is it a matter of that they were different for that one moment when you were in the realm and saw them? Shouldn't it be okay that they don't do anything abnormal outside of the Realm, from a RP point of view? Are they actually given Spellcaster status once you see them in the Realm, or are they just randomly there for idk visual effect? I RP as well, and I have 1 save that I have played foreeever, there are a ton of stories in there. And yes, I am one of those who likes to control everything that happens (well most things)..and I still don't quite see the issue with seeing a pre-made practicing magic in the Realm, and then seeing them as their normal selves in another world. But on another note, I haven't gotten this one yet. Can I ask if it's worth it in this thread or is there somewhere else I should go?
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    Yes, I want them to create a option but not make things less random, they even said that they took burglars because people didn’t like the surprise.

We had burglars? In Sims 4?

No. Only Sims 2 and 3 (not sure about Sims 1 as I never played it). The real reason was at launch and early on they weren't able to and now it's more of priority issue. Most people wanted them back actually; but they are focused on other things at the moment.

People who have been playing the sims before Sims 4 want surprises. That was the big reason why I loved and played Sims 2. I wished I was heard for once, just once. We have to fight to get what we want or keep it as complaints cause so many things to be watered down or removed, straying away what made Sims fun.

People don't want to be forced to have mods to enjoy it but everyone pushing for mods is taking away what should be actual features in game. As I said, they should of toggled things instead to try and please more people and now nobody is going to be happy as people are going to fight for what they want which often different things. I know they can toggle it, they have some toggle features for celebrities and weather.

I want it to go back to it's roots while others want it more like sims 3 and want more realism. Unless they can address these issues, things aren't going to change. People will always be mad about something and that is to be expected.

It they toggle it, I can get my randomness and keep it and they can get their realism without changing the game. Too late now and soon we will probably lose this feature too or have it watered down to the point it is rare as usual which is really disappointing; but I really wished that EA listed as these are not new things people been asking for and if they learned early on, a lot of issues could of been avoided.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I guess I'm a little confused as to why there is an issue with random townies being generated in the Realm, in which case they are probably practicing magic..but then in the regular world they are just their normal selves. Is it a matter of that they were different for that one moment when you were in the realm and saw them? Shouldn't it be okay that they don't do anything abnormal outside of the Realm, from a RP point of view? Are they actually given Spellcaster status once you see them in the Realm, or are they just randomly there for idk visual effect? I RP as well, and I have 1 save that I have played foreeever, there are a ton of stories in there. And yes, I am one of those who likes to control everything that happens (well most things)..and I still don't quite see the issue with seeing a pre-made practicing magic in the Realm, and then seeing them as their normal selves in another world. But on another note, I haven't gotten this one yet. Can I ask if it's worth it in this thread or is there somewhere else I should go?

I think it is well worth it! but that is just my opinion
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    XxAirixX, exactly what I think too, people demand some realism all the time and us, old simmers, just want those little moments and perks that ts1 and ts2 had
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    edited September 2019
    The game auto generating Judith Ward into a spellcaster would be a nightmare!!!!! That should not happen, full stop!!!! I have no problem with generated or out of world sims being made into spellcasters but sims from other packs with an established story should not just show up in this other dimension that only has one portal in and out. That ruins the immersion for me and cheapens the exclusivity of spellcasters.
    Post edited by Bobisbae on
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    So, if I tick every premade house/family in the game into My Households or whatever, those Sims won’t show up in the magic realm (unless they already are spellcasters). Is that right? I’ll likely start a new save when I get the pack, but I still don’t wanna see the Landraabs and Calientes pop into magic realm lol It is rather annoying that they made “spellcaster” and npc slot like that though. Instead of just randomizing all spellcasters like they do with vampires.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    okester wrote: »
    So, if I tick every premade house/family in the game into My Households or whatever, those Sims won’t show up in the magic realm (unless they already are spellcasters). Is that right? I’ll likely start a new save when I get the pack, but I still don’t wanna see the Landraabs and Calientes pop into magic realm lol It is rather annoying that they made “spellcaster” and npc slot like that though. Instead of just randomizing all spellcasters like they do with vampires.

No... You have to play the households or have relationships with them on your played sims. Just favoriting them doesn't work.
    I played in a save where I hadn't been to Sulani and most of the residents who lived there were pulled into the Magic Realm. After playing quite awhile I went into one of their households and they were indeed a spellcasters. The one I checked was the married couple with no kids, both of them were at Adept level and had perks selected. I made a quick new save to test favoriting and many of the sims I selected in managed worlds still showed up in the realm. So you have to play them or your sims have to have relationships with them for them to be off limits as far as I can tell so far. None of my multiple played sims showed up unless I had made them a spellcaster myself.
    Going to put these pics under spoilers because of gameplay. Just some IL residents... but I saw or interacted with many on my sim in the magic realm.
    WsvSZ1I.png
    eM5BQdz.png
    NpZ6lTw.png
    Please understand I'm not posting this to cause problems. I'm loving this pack but if it bothers me I'll just replace those households in my game and play them quickly. I hadn't played them anyway and my sims didn't know them so I can still control it very easily. If your sims know the Landgrabs and Calientes prior to you going to the magic realm they should be "safe".
    egTcBMc.png
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    @Hermitgirl thanks for clarifying! I’m glad there’s a somewhat simple way around this. I’ll just delete all premades that I don’t plan to have in my “story” and quickly load up all the rest before starting with the magic stuff 💜
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2019

They get converted into spellcasters, which is an occult life form. This will take sims you have in your unplayed households and convert them into spellcasters. Some people will not mind it. Other people like myself don't want the game to put my unplayed sims, like my island living sims in situational spellcaster outfits (which looks awful) and also convert them into an occult lifeform. I would have preferred if the game could instead create new ones, like it does with vampires and aliens and have them wear their own outfits. Then I could have edited them and created something like hogwarts in the game.

But now I can't do that. Because sims like Bob Pancakes and Bella Goth are gonna show up in brown leggings with purple shoes and walk around and cast spells.
  • GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Strange that they did it this way, I like to edit my sims because the situational outfits are always bad. Now I can't do that because they end up on existing sims who were not spellcasters before.

Here is a random sim that I edited in CAS a while ago. The outfit to the left is the one I gave her.

The game spawned her as a spellcaster and gave her the situational outfit to the right.

q6us6W7.jpg

Ha! That is... certainly a look. The true dark secret of the Realm of Magic: everyone who passes through the portal is cursed with terrible taste.
    "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    About 3 of my premades have become spellcasters; Brent Hecking, Joaquin Le Chien and Geoffrey Landgraab. That's about 3 percent of the premade population, I think I can cope with that.

I've noticed the Sages wandering around in other world but they are not doing any magic and you can't ask them about magic either. (The Sage of mischief magic was wandering around Strangerville along with some of the Sulani natives.)
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Is there a way to change spellcasters back to normal sims(without playing them)? Like the vampire cure which you can make and throw on vampires to turn them human? Wouldn't something like that solve the issue some are having with realism without taking away the sims turning into spellcasters? Even a cheat would work, no need to change any features for more realism.
  • ITo7mITo7m Posts: 6 New Member
    Ok, so I’ve tested. NONE of my played or favourite households visit magic town. None at all. Unless they are spellcasters. If they’re not. I don’t see them. The game creates (and then I delete) new npcs every single time I visit. Except the sages, they stay the same. Although one is apparently employed as gardener and wears that outfit, and the other is a knight, from knight night at the bar and somebody else wanders around in hospital gown, as I treated her at the hospital. So I’m assuming I have the situational outfit bug.

Socks do not work, new eyes do not work.

That’s all I’ve seen so far.

—T
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    logion wrote: »
    But now I can't do that. Because sims like Bob Pancakes and Bella Goth are gonna show up in brown leggings with purple shoes and walk around and cast spells.
    Nah they only cast spells in magic town or when you put the "Magical" lot trait down, you can most likely go do your own thing without realizing that a specific sim is a spell caster unless you check them or visit the magic town.

As for the outfit, maybe its only in magic town?
    EMrBkJP.png
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2019
    I just curse whatever code/person thought randomized situational outfits were a good idea. I don’t know if it’s a glitch or a bad idea went awry, but I have every mod trying to prevent it from happening.

Ugh.

But gonna be downloading some mods to have more control over everything this evening.

I also found if you make a household of spellcasters, the game WILL pull from them first. I advise, if you want to avoid mods, to make two full houses of random spellcaster sims and plop them in your unplayed box. This at least vastly cuts down on the townies getting pulled in and changed.
    Post edited by RobinGreenthumb on
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited September 2019
    Putting them into favourites doesn't work. The game takes into account only if the sims have met the played sim currently in the realm.

To add to this, the game choose between 1 and 3 novice spellcasters and between 3 and 6 intermediate spellcasters... So if you don't want to use mods, you need at least 12 spellcasters to be sure the game will never pick premades

The outfit gets assigned only in magic town and when they're chosen as walkby to go to the portal if they're not premade spellcasters.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I’ll need to check Nancy Landgraab’s Spellcaater status - when I was walking my Sim to the portal, he met her twice: once in regular clothes, once in the new RoM dress. For the time being, I’m gonna suspect cloning lol
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member

I have installed the mod to prevent premades being turned into Spellcasters. Before I installed it, I did meet Moira Fyres walking in Glimmerbrook. It looked like she was coming from the Portal.

09-10-19-4-37-44-PM.png

She is a played character of mine, and she was NOT turned into a Spellcaster. I am pretty appalled at the situational outfit the game made her wear though. Eyeball ring and everything.

If she had been turned, I would have been OK with it in her case. I mean she is a freelance botanist, and in my game has studied herbology. She could easily have made a wrong turn heading to Granite Falls. Had it been Don Lothario, for example, I would not have been happy.
  • robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I have installed the mod to prevent premades being turned into Spellcasters. Before I installed it, I did meet Moira Fyres walking in Glimmerbrook. It looked like she was coming from the Portal.

09-10-19-4-37-44-PM.png

She is a played character of mine, and she was NOT turned into a Spellcaster. I am pretty appalled at the situational outfit the game made her wear though. Eyeball ring and everything.

If she had been turned, I would have been OK with it in her case. I mean she is a freelance botanist, and in my game has studied herbology. She could easily have made a wrong turn heading to Granite Falls. Had it been Don Lothario, for example, I would not have been happy.

Don Lothario is an elder in my game and he was in the realm last night casting spells 😂🙄

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I just curse whatever code/person thought randomized situational outfits were a good idea. I don’t know if it’s a glitch or a bad idea went awry, but I have every mod trying to prevent it from happening.

Ugh.

But gonna be downloading some mods to have more control over everything this evening.

I also found if you make a household of spellcasters, the game WILL pull from them first. I advise, if you want to avoid mods, to make two full houses of random spellcaster sims and plop them in your unplayed box. This at least vastly cuts down on the townies getting pulled in and changed.

I want to try this in my other saves. Thanks for the tip :). Could also level them up for me.. and I could go in and clean their perks later.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

09-10-19-4-37-44-PM.png

Walkby through the portal and out are not turned, the game uses the filter for the joggers to select them and they are not given the trait in the residential word, only once they spawn into the realm.
  • RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    I think the only way to undo it is to go through the rite of dissolution
  • Christina0216Christina0216 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @logion said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > They get converted into spellcasters, which is an occult life form. This will take sims you have in your unplayed households and convert them into spellcasters. Some people will not mind it. Other people like myself don't want the game to put my unplayed sims, like my island living sims in situational spellcaster outfits (which looks awful) and also convert them into an occult lifeform. I would have preferred if the game could instead create new ones, like it does with vampires and aliens and have them wear their own outfits. Then I could have edited them and created something like hogwarts in the game.
    >
    > But now I can't do that. Because sims like Bob Pancakes and Bella Goth are gonna show up in brown leggings with purple shoes and walk around and cast spells.

Ahh I understand. I didn't know that they actually become Spellcasters once you see them in the Realm. That does suck. I guess there is a mod now where you can prevent this, (idk if you use mods), but yeah..I wonder why they did it that way? I'm sure there's a reason. Or maybe they just didn't think it through lol
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    It’s to my understanding only townies your sims haven’t engaged with will be eligible to be spell casters. So if your sim never encountered Belle Goth, then she’s eligible but if your sims have already encountered Belle Goth then she wouldn’t be. If your sims never engaged with the townie then truthfully your sims would never have know that sim was a spellcaster before. That’s just my thinking but I don’t get too deep in story progression and stuff with my sims
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    JurnéEnds wrote: »
    It’s to my understanding only townies your sims haven’t engaged with will be eligible to be spell casters. So if your sim never encountered Belle Goth, then she’s eligible but if your sims have already encountered Belle Goth then she wouldn’t be. If your sims never engaged with the townie then truthfully your sims would never have know that sim was a spellcaster before. That’s just my thinking but I don’t get too deep in story progression and stuff with my sims

That's not true in my game. My active family (consisting of Lilith and Caleb Vatore, Lilith's husband/widower and her mortal stepdaughter) have encountered the Landgraabs and fed off them. Geoffrey Landgraab is now a spellcaster. Somehow I don't blame him.

The stepdaughter and maybe Caleb are going to be spellcasters themselves at some point.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.