Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FPS drops and lag since ROM

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
My FPS has been consistently much lower since I installed ROM. It used to be about 100-150 but now it’s usually about 30-40, 50 if I’m lucky. And it often dips below 20. Is this happening to anyone else?

Comments

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I've noticed some lag at times too. To be honest I was expecting a bit of lag after downloading more content.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I noticed lags too. I think that the GP has a performance problem - a memory leak or something like this. Hope they will fix it soon.
  • JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    I’ve been reading that many are having this issue, including the crash in CAS when SC are doing their animation. I’ve, knock on wood, thankfully not had any issues. I hope they provide a hotfix soon for those affected. No reason to make them a wait a month to play a game they bought.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I've been having lag issues since the patch/free update before RoM. It's pretty annoying.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Same here! I even cleaned most of my few mods, lowered my settings and it's still running worse than before, it makes no sense. I'm convinced it's some bug in the game.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I can't seem to duplicate this issue. Might have to look into this myself too... but AFAIK I have no significant drops. What are your specs, OP?
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Yeah, I’ve been having the issue and whooo boy it’s annoying. I was one of the people who didn’t have any issues with Island Living (that world ran GREAT for me), but RoM has given me some pretty bad lag here and there.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    FPS means?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    FPS means?
    Frames per Second.
    How well consecutive images are displayed essentially
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Jean Here is (some of) my DxDiag report. It should have all my specs on it:

Machine name: ALIEN
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
    System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: Alienware Area-51m
    BIOS: 1.6.2 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16186MB RAM
    Page File: 14239MB used, 4378MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce RTX 2080
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1ED0&SUBSYS_08C41028&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 16102 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8010 MB
    Shared Memory: 8092 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (144Hz)
    @Jean Here is (some of) my DxDiag report. It should have all my specs on it:

Machine name: ALIEN
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 17763) (17763.rs5_release.180914-1434)
    System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: Alienware Area-51m
    BIOS: 1.6.2 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 16186MB RAM
    Page File: 14239MB used, 4378MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.17763.0001 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce RTX 2080
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Type: Full Device (POST)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1ED0&SUBSYS_08C41028&REV_A1
    Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
    Device Problem Code: No Problem
    Driver Problem Code: Unknown
    Display Memory: 16102 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 8010 MB
    Shared Memory: 8092 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (144Hz)
    I’m actually really surprised you are having issues with this build. Are all your drivers up to date?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I'm not having an issue with frame rate, but my game does seem to hang more - just for a second or two. I'm sure it's happened before, but it was fairly regular when I was playing last night.
    @JoBass24us so am I lol. I believe they are. I’ll check when I’m next on.

Yeah, double check. A sound driver that’s out of date could be enough to cause issues. There’s really no reason for you to be having issues, you out spec the game by a lot. Should be smooth sailings.
    Do you run cc or mods? If so, check them too. Could be a bug within the game that is just acting up on your system. Hopefully EA can replicate and fix.

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    That is really strange especially since your build is really good.

I would probably check task manager when it is lagging and see if it is a memory leak issue. You can tell it is if the sims4 are using loads of RAM.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    They need to start testing the pack with ALL the other packs in the game too. The way packs are constantly on sale and the bundle ability means more people are going to own more packs.

Why must we suffer for installing more packs?
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited September 2019
    I thought it was just around here, I put a new lot in the realm and it is quite large, this unbearably legacy 15 fps out there. I was surprised but thought it was because of the lot. but apparently it may not be
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    edited September 2019

gosh, double sorry guys
    edited September 2019
    Hmm ok I started a new save and I’m getting 160-170fps (with a sim living in the same house and everything) so I guess my low FPS problem in my main save wasn’t caused by ROM.

I wonder what is causing it :(

Any suggestions on what could cause low FPS in one specific save?
    I don’t know what was off yesterday but whatever it was seems fixed now. I ‘only’ played ROM for 2 hours yesterday and that was when I encountered the lag and low FPS. My FPS is about 100-120 in my main save this evening so I guess it fixed itself. Hopefully it stays that way!
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Yeah, I was about to say that your build is pretty good. So that's not it.
    I don’t know what was off yesterday but whatever it was seems fixed now. I ‘only’ played ROM for 2 hours yesterday and that was when I encountered the lag and low FPS. My FPS is about 100-120 in my main save this evening so I guess it fixed itself. Hopefully it stays that way!

I’ve had that happen to me in other games. One day it’s fine then I’ll have a laggy experience. Mainly on MMO which I attribute to ping issues and my internet having hiccups.

As far as the sims it could have just be a background task you didn’t know was running or a plain bad day. I’m glad it’s all settled now and that you can enjoy your game.

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    If it's like this on PC imagine how it will be on consoles.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    @MidnightAura You had asked me about performance issues and I said I hadn't notice anything.

Actually, I did come to think of it. I thought it was just from playing for 9 hours straight though, which it could be lol.

But I am experiencing most of these issues.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I noticed it yesterday when I first loaded the pack. It was stuttering and really laggy in CAS too. But when I exited and went back in later it was totally fine, even had added all my CC back in. Sometimes when I first load the game after a big update or a new pack it does this.