Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Those controversial stairs to nowhere. What do you think?

applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
Due to the call-out of " ... a couple of little surprises for the LittleSimsies out there"... on the live play, do you think the Gurus deliberately made those stairs go into the brick wall and no door?
I think they did.
(The counter of that little spill is at 30:20 on the stream if you want to find it.)

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    What?
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    That will probably be the excuse. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member
    If they did that's really short-sighted and sloppy, not every game player follows the community so they might not have any context for the livestream or even know who lilsimsie is, they would just open their game and see a sloppy and unrefined build.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Well, since I'm gonna be too lazy to go in and fix it, I'm just going to pretend that the people living there did it on purpose :expressionless:
    funny-gifs20.gif

• jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Well, to be fair, it IS a magical pack. If I had no knowledge of lilsimsie and was unaware people were mad about it, I would just think it's meant to a be a weird magical or even whimsical thing. Ever heard of the Winchester House? Pretty sure Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory (which thanks to James Turner's video now makes realize why that gate looked so oddly familiar). Although, to be even MORE fair, if I were going to do an odd build like the Winchester House, or some really strange home that makes stairs to nowhere make sense, it should be far more obvious have more than ONE oddity within it.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited September 2019
    The point of lilsimsie fixing their houses is that they are broken to begin with. Such a lazy job to act like it was on purpose. Why are you guys trying to kill The Sims, simgurus? Why? They look like villains who, instead of killing the protagonist, prefer to torture him to the end like cats playing wiht their prey.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    If they did it deliberately, they need to stop. A joke is not funny when they charge you for it.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I think they forgot to put a door there.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    It’s sloppy. Just like the roof patterns not matching. This isn’t the first time they have made this mistake (no toilets in Get Famous homes, broken kitchens and empty houses in strangerville) and after they made a point of saying “oh we included toilets this time!” On the stream... and they forgot another basic staple. It shouldn’t be down to creators to fix the worlds and make them playable. Lil Simsie is 100% correct.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Could someone please explain as I have no idea what y'all talking about.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Anyone got a picture? Haven’t seen this yet and I don’t know who LittleSimsie is

zUdNPq5.png
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited September 2019
    Anyone got a picture? Haven’t seen this yet and I don’t know who LittleSimsie is

This is Lilsimsie talking about the door stairs to nowhere. Counter is at 5:08 where she shows the problem of the stairs leading up.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNRkwE3PWoM&t=916s
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Considering their track record, I'm going with lazy. The Sims series is full of quirky little in-jokes, but this isn't that style at all. This is no-toilets, copied-houses, rushed-build style.

*puts on mom voice* I'm not angry, just disappointed.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    well.....
    393DE5C600000578-0-image-a-64_1476025083048.jpg
    construction-4-e1510133777140.jpg
    funny-architect-construction-fails-you-had-one-job-7-5821cab22e6c9__605.jpg
    Just a little collection of real life stair fails and until proven otherwise I say it was intenional.

But I agree on the roof, that was a mistake.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    It's weird that the stairs are like that but not a big deal. People in this community sure like to blow things out of all proportion sometimes.
  • MarvinKoshMarvinKosh Posts: 20 Member
    I'm surprised that there isn't an invisible door which lets you pass through the wall onto the back staircase. That would be the obvious 'Take that!' in this case. Especially since it's a MAGICAL pack.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    crysk wrote: »
    well.....
    393DE5C600000578-0-image-a-64_1476025083048.jpg
    construction-4-e1510133777140.jpg
    funny-architect-construction-fails-you-had-one-job-7-5821cab22e6c9__605.jpg
    Just a little collection of real life stair fails and until proven otherwise I say it was intenional.

But I agree on the roof, that was a mistake.

There is a song in "Fiddler on the Roof" where Tevye sings about the staircases he would have if he were a rich man. "And one more leading nowhere, just for show …"
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    Due to the call-out of " ... a couple of little surprises for the LittleSimsies out there"... on the live play, do you think the Gurus deliberately made those stairs go into the brick wall and no door?
    I think they did.
    (The counter of that little spill is at 30:20 on the stream if you want to find it.)

I don't mean to be rude.....but...let's be real. Why are the developers sacrificing their game quality so that they can get into petty crap with youtubers, even if it's meant as a joke? This just transpires me. Their world team does an amazing job with the worlds but somehow these builds are getting worse and worse by the minute.

I mean I don't want a house full of clutter and moo, it's the reason why I often don't download stuff from the gallery, not to mention some builds look like huge eye strains, but at least something good looking and functional, something that would look like a house that exists in real life. TS3 houses for the most part were pretty well done, I don't know if they fired whoever was doing those builds but....with TS4 they sure dropped the ball.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Finally saw it with my own eyes in LilSimsie's review...and just wow..-facepalm- ... but the fact of the matter is, this ISN'T the first time with these little mess ups (Strangerville houses anyone?) ... smh
  • Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    I think the stairs were on purpose. it seems like it's just a weird little thing they added to make the place look "spookier" and more crazy. but this is coming from someone who doesn't care about the builds lol
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Well, regardless of anything else, I now what to redesign the HQ mansion more in line with the Winchester house. Because heck yeah.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    It's a staircase. Put a door on it and get over it.

in every save? I dunno about any of you guys but I don't want to have to fix their mistakes in every one of my saves. It's annoying.