Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm Of Magic Happy Play thread....share your stories & pics.......

SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
For the first time , im starting to feel butterflies about playing this game! :) I really love the CAS and the world.Also build buy is incredible!

I've played some too. It's really fun. And now Im building a starter home for Glimmerbrook.
Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Post edited by SageOfGlimmerBrook on

Comments

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I will admit Upon Placing my Sorcerer's Home I started building a while back and moving them in and getting set up I was very content with how things turned out.

It's good to be home!
    a854895ee0209b154e24d4d5ddfd8f4d.png

I had to cheat a little but it was worth it, I'm trying to have fun.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I love this pack. <3 It is so much better than I hoped. I am having so much fun working out what to do.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I haven’t done much yet but I had that same feeling while looking through CAS and BB yesterday. I feel giddy and excited for the first time since seasons came out. I’m ready to start working on turning my sim into a spellcaster today after work. I’m so excited to get really into the gameplay.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    I played about 2 hours yesterday and I really liked it. I can't wait for my Witch Sim to learn more spells and potions and collect all familiars.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Despite all the issues, I'm happy with the pack. Yesterday I turned a bunch of my premade sims into spellcasters. I'm also planning to start a legacy with fairy bloodline. I wonder if it is possible to have a magic bloodline trait for adult sims without being full-functional spellcasters.
  • floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited September 2019
    Brinn wrote: »
    Despite all the issues, I'm happy with the pack. Yesterday I turned a bunch of my premade sims into spellcasters. I'm also planning to start a legacy with fairy bloodline. I wonder if it is possible to have a magic bloodline trait for adult sims without being full-functional spellcasters.

It sounds like it is possible, both through cheats and normal gameplay. This is a link to the cheats (you'll need to scroll halfway down) and this is a link to how the new magical bloodline traits work. The guide seems to heavily imply that the children of magical sims can inherit one of the new traits without ever fully becoming a spellcaster. I'm not sure if other occults can inherit them, but given the way they seem to work, it doesn't seem impossible.
    Post edited by floridameerkat on
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm having so much fun exploring this pack. I have gotten to top level on one sim and know all the spells potions, but haven't used them all yet... or the backfires of them. My sim has had one curse so far (was lucky that I already had a cure). I'm liking thinking of all the possible spellcasters I can make and stories I can tell... well am already telling but mostly exploring what I can do. I have 3 spellcasters so far in one save. I'll post some screenshots soon. I have so many I have to organize them a little :D
    egTcBMc.png
  • I honestly feel like Im in my own little Sabrina the teenage witch , tv show while playing this game and Im all the way here for it <3

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am doing familyplay and it is so much fun!!

Currently I am creating custom spellcasters in a sidesave and then taking them over to my mainsave and just placing them out in the world. Later when this little girl grows up there will be an exiting world of magic for her to explore. It is starting to take shape.

y4mJ54PLsuzy1vtrzc4YH46xs5kWoywG1POcD2faZV_uGhMz4ElhQcclcs0l29F8RDy8fKfa7SLmsHhqeoXEMUnshgvMevglzvt3t5f6_mgec-HItTDb0KTEh-enAcAF29pvgESbncNunQU3aKMxeuF6ibv-Li1l4qACY-tvfgG5AUrNHiCRYKogx38uejrdk8Ny0dEzMK2y5RDGjbNo-IAhw?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none
  • I am doing familyplay and it is so much fun!!

Currently I am creating custom spellcasters in a sidesave and then taking them over to my mainsave and just placing them out in the world. Later when this little girl grows up there will be an exiting world of magic for her to explore. It is starting to take shape.

y4mJ54PLsuzy1vtrzc4YH46xs5kWoywG1POcD2faZV_uGhMz4ElhQcclcs0l29F8RDy8fKfa7SLmsHhqeoXEMUnshgvMevglzvt3t5f6_mgec-HItTDb0KTEh-enAcAF29pvgESbncNunQU3aKMxeuF6ibv-Li1l4qACY-tvfgG5AUrNHiCRYKogx38uejrdk8Ny0dEzMK2y5RDGjbNo-IAhw?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none

Sweet! I love your screenshot , looks so toasty , warm and homey. What are those sims names? :)@SilentKitty

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    My gen 12 heiress and Morgyn have gotten very friendly...
    It’s not weird that she’s only a teen, right?
    B0faly8.png
    UVGwYhm.png
    091wKYw.png
    a6vG9jK.png

That didn't deter him from wiping the floor with her in a duel, though
    RokwGqD.png
    68SdGDt.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Simmify wrote: »

Sweet! I love your screenshot , looks so toasty , warm and homey. What are those sims names? :)@SilentKitty

Thank you so much :)

That is Jane and her little Ronja. Right now they live in Brindleton Bay but they will move to Glimmerbrook when Ronja is a teenager. I usually play one or two sims so this is new territory for me. Happy couple, one kiddo and another one the way. A cat, future familiar and the now dead cat who comes out of his tombstone every now and then. Ohh, and Mila Much’s ghost in her tombstone as well. She is Jane’s adoptive mother.

Ehh... names. Well, you got a little bit more than that, lol. I get wordy when I am excited and it is just so much fun to play now.
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019

Thank you so much :)

That is Jane and her little Ronja. Right now they live in Brindleton Bay but they will move to Glimmerbrook when Ronja is a teenager. I usually play one or two sims so this is new territory for me. Happy couple, one kiddo and another one the way. A cat, future familiar and the now dead cat who comes out of his tombstone every now and then. Ohh, and Mila Much’s ghost in her tombstone as well. She is Jane’s adoptive mother.

Ehh... names. Well, you got a little bit more than that, lol. I get wordy when I am excited and it is just so much fun to play now.

No this is the gameplay sharing thread for ROM :) And its for exactly this. Storytelling! Gameplay! And I love hearing about it. I love quality screenshots too! <3

Ronja is a very nice , distinct name @SilentKitty

• Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Angie Spears is the first spellcaster (witch) in my game. She is a self confidant, self absorbed ambitious individual and just wants succeed at everything she puts her mind too. She believes that this may help her in her future acting career so she's giving it everything she's got and then some.
    48717588988_a3e21b4de9_z.jpg4-09-11-19_9-46-29 AM by Wendy W, on Flickr
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited September 2019
    Having a really fun time with my first witch who will be starting a magic legacy. She's well on the way to having all full talent trees. Her and Morgyn hit it off right away and thanks to 'magic' they now have a little girl :) I didn't move him in, but he's always over at the house being generally sweet and adorable.
    The other 2 sages have died of old age and been replaced but someone fed Morgyn an imortality potion...
    Oh btw. You can copy pasta money trees. And delicioso from afar is amazing for feeding toddlers. Scruberoo doesn't work on them which is a HUGE disappointment, cmon EA.
  • CelSims wrote: »
    Having a really fun time with my first witch who will be starting a magic legacy. She's well on the way to having all full talent trees. Her and Morgyn hit it off right away and thanks to 'magic' they now have a little girl :) I didn't move him in, but he's always over at the house being generally sweet and adorable.
    The other 2 sages have died of old age and been replaced but someone fed Morgyn an imortality potion...

You are playing the game so fast! Oh nooo :) Just came out yesterday and already the sages are dead... :s It's okay. I just would need more time!

• She's looking great! @Winifred_Willow

CelSims wrote: »

You are playing the game so fast! Oh nooo :) Just came out yesterday and already the sages are dead... :s It's okay. I just would need more time!

I have lifespan on normal for the townies, I just played from launch until 8am none stop LOL. It's how I always do, my interest is my sims not the npc's for the most part. :)
  • SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019

I have lifespan on normal for the townies, I just played from launch until 8am none stop LOL. It's how I always do, my interest is my sims not the npc's for the most part. :)

My sims are going to be friends with them and use them for knowledge, so I need them around. I play sims 4 a lot! And not that I have ROM, I play it not just to waste time but for fun and I am having so much fun with it :) I stay up late with this game and now it's only going to get worse! (Better from my point of view)....

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    09-10-19-9-57-30-PM.png
    Go a little easier on the repairio spell, Rowan. And, remember, you learned Discharge for a reason.

09-11-19-1-13-05-PM.png
    Rowan wasn't skilled enough in fishing to keep up with her teacher, so she did homework for muggle school instead. (Thanks to the simmer who posted their remakes of Simeon, the Practical Magic sage. He looks so much better like this!)
    I did try necrosummon on their urn but nothing happened. I plan to go back and figure that out once the Tods skilled up a bit. Meanwhile the replacements have arrived. And I still have to decide which of my beloved vampires is going to take one for the team and get 'cured' D:
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I will admit Upon Placing my Sorcerer's Home I started building a while back and moving them in and getting set up I was very content with how things turned out.

It's good to be home!
    a854895ee0209b154e24d4d5ddfd8f4d.png

I had to cheat a little but it was worth it, I'm trying to have fun.

Veeey pretty though :love: hope you'll continue to have fun! I love having witches again. And I really think the spells are quite fun and sometimes super useful, especially things like Repairio & Floralorial :D
  • SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    edited September 2019
    Finally, FINALLY those pesky, rude paparazzis are getting whats coming to them. The one that always enters the garden, so far he has been set on fire twice and turned into a gnome. I hope he takes the hint, but probably not. I have more in store for him, so muhaha.

My witch has gotten her first curse, the curse of unwanted and awkward hugs :#

Also, unrelated, my male vampire sim was abducted by aliens. I thought nothing of it, but after a while he gained strange weight, only his stomach grew.... long story short, he now has a baby boy by pollination technician no.3. Oh those sims :D
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Too lazy to get pics, plus I have to make dinner for the family soon.

I finally decided on the heir. Both he and his brother fought over the most popular girl in magic school, Bridget Kinross. But Bridget was more impressed with Ren, so she chose him. Reo, being the good brother, gave them his blessing and soon hooked up with Perdita Nimbus. Unfortunately for Perdita, she lost too many duels to Bridget and ended up being cursed - now everyone attacks her. I had to lock her up in the washroom so no one would attack her. Meanwhile, the entire school is scrambling to learn the Decursify potion to cure her.

Reo's life stinks, it's kind of funny. First, he loses duels to his brother. Then, he loses his crush to his brother. Then his next crush has to be locked away. On top of that, he's the second-best student in the school, because his brother is better than him as a student, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Thank you :smile:@Simmify