Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitches with realm of magic

Glitches found after downloading realm of magic:

I’m finding my sim cold even when indoors unless I use the thermostat but this hasn’t happened before.
Also my plants won’t plant due to the same issue even though it’s a greenhouse.

Comments

• ForksnokenForksnoken Posts: 5 New Member
    is it just me or are toddlers broken again? My toddler only stays in bed for a few minutes at a time before getting up. works fine having them nap on a sofa but in bed it seems broken?
  • ghilieghilie Posts: 243 Member
    My spellcaster has learned several potions but the "learn a potion" portion of the aspiration will not complete.
    nZLbne1.jpg

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    ashley9483 wrote: »
    Glitches found after downloading realm of magic:

I’m finding my sim cold even when indoors unless I use the thermostat but this hasn’t happened before.
    Also my plants won’t plant due to the same issue even though it’s a greenhouse.

That has been happening to my sims at least since Seasons. Toddlers especially are often hot or cold even inside as they can't get certain perks yet.
  • SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    The background noise for the realm is glitching and appearing in my normal worlds, which is really annoying
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    Forksnoken wrote: »
    is it just me or are toddlers broken again? My toddler only stays in bed for a few minutes at a time before getting up. works fine having them nap on a sofa but in bed it seems broken?

Is there a radio or tv turned on near the toddler?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
  • Comte_SnekComte_Snek Posts: 1 New Member
    Having a bug with the potion of curse cleansing, where the "task" never apprears. Tried to make it on multiple cauldrons but to no avail.
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I am noticing some whims not fulfilling when being done. Being funny with... and search for vampire information on computer, neither completed when done.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • MadamPancakeMadamPancake Posts: 9 New Member
    The spellcaster rank is also glitching for me. Once you reach max rank, instead of the bar just continuing to fill like the Vampire skills would, it resets you back at Master and you have to get back to virtuoso to gain the skills back again. It happened multiple time now it seems like my sim is stuck at apprentice??? And I can no longer access the trait tree OR spellbook.
  • bladestarbladestar Posts: 27 Member
    Whims issues again!!!! Happen after September update. Did a clean install on 2 pc and still have issues. Need a fix soon. Not enjoying the game😡

• JadeEcho2JadeEcho2 Posts: 1 New Member
    Ugh. My outdoors is pale as pale can be. Terrain paint, plants... No mods.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    I guess the one thing about being poor and not winning contests is that some big bugs will probably be fixed beforehand. Since some issues are major game play issues and they know about, there will probably be an emergency patch.

My question is why release it to the public if gurus and game changers knew about the crashes? Isn't that the whole point of testing it out first? They need to do better and step it up (that is why I feel it is more of a popularity contest and not actually helping to change things). They could of addressed it before release, saving people so many problems.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member

I have to laugh as this should have been caught before releasing into the wild and here you have an Guru having problems and that does not put EA/Maxis in an good light because now we have to wait for an patch. Yes, this happens almost everytime an game is release but what matters for me is how soon will that patch be ready?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Anyone else having trouble with sages leaving and getting replaced by other sages?
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble with sages leaving and getting replaced by other sages?

Not for me...yet, but they better not because Morgyn is my sims boyfriend.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • AStrawberrySlushAStrawberrySlush Posts: 57 Member
    Not sure if this is a glitch, but I am unable to ask how to use magic. Of course that means i'm unable to become a spellcaster, which is frustrating. None of my sims, at various ages, can ask. Not sure what to do
    Origin ID:
    AStrawberrySlush
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The potions out of buydebug cant be placed in the inventory or given. :(
  • katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    Any time I tell my sim to practice magic, she won't do the action. She just stands there.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Forksnoken wrote: »

Is there a radio or tv turned on near the toddler?
    I have that I think that it hasn’t been fixed because I was having issues with that after Island Living.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2019
    simm621 wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

Not for me...yet, but they better not because Morgyn is my sims boyfriend.

I think I figured out what the problem was, my sages got assigned jobs, when they are not supposed to have any. So they left when it was time to work. When that happened the game replaced the sages.

I think it was because I was using the unlimited jobs mod.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member

I just ran into this again, myself, and "Me Too"ed the thread on Answers HQ. Now I feel like the game was judging me for wanting to give Darrell Charm a new nose.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not sure if this is a glitch, but I am unable to ask how to use magic. Of course that means i'm unable to become a spellcaster, which is frustrating. None of my sims, at various ages, can ask. Not sure what to do

Are you sure these sims are not of some occult types? Vampires and aliens don't have an option to ask about magic.
    The dialogue option is under Friendly interactions (you need to page the radial menu one or two times).
  • suzanna75suzanna75 Posts: 5 New Member
    Several glitches

Politics career no longer available to follow cause.
    Freezing randomly refusing to stay in bed
    My daughters fame keeps crashing during spellcasting we thought at first it was an influx of players at the time but kept doing it

Not a glitch as such but why no job for a witch or warlock?
  • suzanna75suzanna75 Posts: 5 New Member
    Sims, are not looking at each other when talking
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top