Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Non Magic Townies in the Magic Realm

Is this immersion breaking for anyone else? I just find it rather annoying that all these non-magic townies come to the magic realm and do magic stuff. has there been any word on if this was intentional?

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Same, it's completely off putting. I've found this great mod that stops NPC sims from even entering the portal and the same modder has another mod that stops the game force-changing all those NPC sims who do arrive from being turned automatically into spellcasters

https://patreon.com/user/posts?u=23229453
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    Same, it's completely off putting. I've found this great mod that stops NPC sims from even entering the portal and the same modder has another mod that stops the game force-changing all those NPC sims who do arrive from being turned automatically into spellcasters

They’ve got mods already for this pack? Sheeesh
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Yep installed them even before playing for the first time, no way was I having the game force-change all my sims into spellcasters as they are auto sent to the RoM through the portal. That would ruin my save.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yep installed them even before playing for the first time, no way was I having the game force-change all my sims into spellcasters as they are auto sent to the RoM through the portal. That would ruin my save.

Hmm wonder if NPC Control will be updated and include something similar
    Hmm wonder if NPC Control will be updated and include something similar

Seriously hope so.

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited September 2019
    Wait you mean like seeing Malcolm Landgrabb in the magic realm doing magic? I thought that was really weird and I saw other sims to like Baako and Anaya Jang’s son. I have had this save since Strangerville so it’s pretty developed.😂
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I think it’s ridiculous. In a game we supposedly rule, people have to deal with half their town becoming magical and you can’t prevent it?? That’s pathetic.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I think it’s ridiculous. In a game we supposedly rule, people have to deal with half their town becoming magical and you can’t prevent it?? That’s pathetic.

It isn’t that many people sims walking around but if you want to give the game some sims to work with then give the game something to work with.

Make a household of spellcasters yourself or download from the gallery. Just place them in the world and you’re done.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2019

I'm glad I saw this first before downloading the pack. I'm focusing on my secondary save now and I'm glad I'm not seeing the Landgraabs or Pancakes randomly casting magic. All I've seen are the same spellcasters and I'm cool with that! I really really really hope this issue is going to be addressed soon though. Having extra mods besides my core ones makes me antsy.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

It isn’t that many people sims walking around but if you want to give the game some sims to work with then give the game something to work with.

Make a household of spellcasters yourself or download from the gallery. Just place them in the world and you’re done.

How will that stop it? The game decides who is becoming spell casters and who isn’t. That’s not right. Kind of like if every sim became a vampire.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    I had Don Lothario show up in mine. The idea of him having access to the Potion of Alluring Aura is terrifying, ngl.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    If you don’t want all of these premades becoming spellcasters, you will need to play/load them before entering magic realm. I’m sorry if your long time saves have been ruined by this, though you can always cheat and remove the spell caster trait from all premades you don’t want to be magical.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I seriously thought they would have gone the Vampires rout and have it impossible for the premades to become spellcasters without you changing them into spellcasters. It's so immersion breaking and annoying. I'm hoping it's a bug and not an oversight and will be fixed.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited September 2019
    I sure am glad most of the current townies in my game are mostly strangers to me. MCCC has taken care of the story progression, and now a lot of my townies are either randos or descendants of the premades.

And when I do recognize them, I'm more like, wow what, you're secretly a spellcaster too? Cool.

So honestly I don't really mind?

But yeah, I get how that can be off-putting to others.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    I hate having too many mods but I think I’ll need those mods.

I have a lot of played but inactive sims. I hope that the game didn’t make them spellcasters...
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    Sometimes it looks really interesting. When I saw Geeta Rasoya and her son in Magic Realm, I thought that it was the perfect place for them ) Liza Pancake is a perfect witch too :wink: But mostly it really looks strange.

I'll copy my post from another thread here...
    I have some ideas on how to fix this problem in our games:
    1. Before entering Magic Realm mark as favorites those families you don't want to be turned to spellcasters.
    2. Before entering Magic Realm create some spellcaster families, so they could appear in the Magic Realm instead of innocent townies :)

I hope these preparations will help to defend the world against supernatural invasion...
  • mandyssims93mandyssims93 Posts: 122 Member
    Yes, it is very jarring. I also notice that their clothes keep changing which is also annoying.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I was disappointed, but not surprised, to hear about this. I won't be buying the pack til this is fixed.
  • okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    Sometimes it looks really interesting. When I saw Geeta Rasoya and her son in Magic Realm, I thought that it was the perfect place for them ) Liza Pancake is a perfect witch too :wink: But mostly it really looks strange.

I'll copy my post from another thread here...
    I have some ideas on how to fix this problem in our games:
    1. Before entering Magic Realm mark as favorites those families you don't want to be turned to spellcasters.
    2. Before entering Magic Realm create some spellcaster families, so they could appear in the Magic Realm instead of innocent townies :)

I hope these preparations will help to defend the world against supernatural invasion...

I heard that just faving them doesn't always work. You may need to actually play the households momentarily.
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thank you for posting the links to the mods. I will definitely be using two of them. This should have been a no-brainer on Maxis part. I would rather make my own spellcasters instead of seeing the likes of Nancy Landgraab and Mila Munch.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Yeah, as someone who has expansive storylines for all my townies, even the ones I don’t play, this... annoyed me. I’m downloading the mod tonight, and then going in game to remove the spellcaster trait from as many sims as I need to.

I have found if you just. Make a house of spellcasters or two (Ya, elder, and adult), the game will draw from these guys first and foremost to fill the world. I’m gonna just make a couple of randomized households and download some from the library, and that alone should prevent too much of random sims. Also going to go ahead and spellcasterify the ones I want to be spellcasters (hello Bella goth, her kids, and the Fyres family.)
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    @Chazzzy .. my mod (the one linked) should be compatible with NPCC but NPCC is not updated at the moment, it gives out LEs with bars.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I haven't played RoM yet but I wonder if keeping Glimmerbrook spellcaster townies (instead of deleting them) will keep other random sims from going to the Realm.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Someone made this thread on AHQ, it's considered as "feedback" since this is a feature and not a bug, but the more "me too's", the more likely the devs will give it some attention.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-and-Feedback/Townies-in-the-Magic-Realm/m-p/8190436/highlight/true#M15917
    In the meantime, I'll just resort to mods.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Thank you.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie