Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Situational outfits

Why?
otDPlZc.png
yObKWaa.png
Who coded this in? I just wanna talk :|
r8dKk.jpg

Comments

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It’s called fashion
    /s
    For real though, sims would wear anything. I imagine things are marked to be worn by townies and the game doesn’t care what it puts on townies as long as it’s something from the allowed items. My townie had stockings and socks😱🤢
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    A couple times, my first goal at a festival was asking other Sims to see their everyday clothes, just to change them out of the situational stuff. There is no reason for Moira Fyres to wear a full-head alien mask thing everywhere she goes!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Thats why I want to be able to create my own styled look in CAS, and for the game to only use styled looks on npc/townies. But no, they are not going to add that because they don't want to hear us.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited September 2019
    And they all have the bug where accessories from other situational outfits gets stuck on them. You can see that in your pictures, they were probably mimes from San Myshuno.

As for why they keep adding situational outfits...I have no idea. I don't think they are playing their own game. Either that, or they think it looks good enough.
    Post edited by logion on
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    i see you anon.. that lady in the golden cowboy hat..
    i posted that elsewhere
    but i feel you man. its driving me mad. i cant deal. i dont want to play again until someone mods to fix it
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I don't mind the weird outfits at a festival, but I detest them when my active sims are NOT going to a festival and their neighbor (my sim, with a specific personality and backstory, lifestyle) walks by (not in festival hood) wearing the craziest things that such a person would never ever wear. If my sim is a character who hates anything romantic, I don't want to see him wearing Romance festival attire. If my sim hardly has money to eat, I don't want to see him wearing a crazy costume that he would not have afforded. And my super porch and top notch sim who hate such events, should not suddenly appear in crazy festival outfits.

I wish the game allowed us to control our sims a bit more. My sims are specific characters based on a lot of backstory stuff that can not be told by what they wear. My entire character building is laughed at by EA when they dress up in silly random situation outfits.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited September 2019
    I know the feeling, it's real... This is from the last time I was at GeekCon.

70092368_2364045560374696_7167504258936340480_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeEtPglgaiWniodSIn4YP04VbThwF9Nj5uJOo54QBPvQP3yCyHtUSixfd5HJQ-0erxOQMXjAz2nacl2C-zFQ7o6HdnJpout8JqnhYrsciOD1ug&_nc_oc=AQkvjEEiFL5Q1OEwS-d1PrUqdob_OUvS-g2icrfOmKg1spRqPxvhbcUMyKMbyOTy2VE&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyc2-1.fna&oh=591b07de9b017b6c1133062d0ff1d399&oe=5DFB3159
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited September 2019
    This seems like a good place to ask - is there a simple mod that disables this? I assume you can probably do this with MCC but I assume it's a lot of work, and the mod itself seems very intrusive and too detailed for me, could be wrong.
  • ShareeSharee Posts: 242 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    This seems like a good place to ask - is there a simple mod that disables this? I assume you can probably do this with MCC but I assume it's a lot of work, and the mod itself seems very intrusive and too detailed for me, could be wrong.

not yet. im hoping someone mods it soon. someone did with rainy day outfits so, im hoping one will come soon for this problem
  • dirtandprettydirtandpretty Posts: 108 Member
    So this is like the fake vampires again? Spawning wearing an accessory in every possible slot...I NEED A MOD!
  • Queen_RoognaQueen_Roogna Posts: 69 Member
    jooxis wrote: »

Here's the mod, you'll have to make a new save though https://www.patreon.com/user?u=23229453
    r8dKk.jpg
  • Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    something tells me they only run one pack for showcasing, but fail to run the rest to check for bugs....hence all this....
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Honestly tho why? 😂😂
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'm done tired talking about this issue and getting a "fix" for it. It came with City Living and festivals and I #BlameGrant. They done messed it up bad and they don't want to fix it.
  • joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2019
    This is exactly why I use mods. I don’t like situational outfits outside of festivals. It bothers me when I load one of my played households and my sims are dressed in horrendous situational outfits instead of the outfits I spent hours creating. The worst fashion offenses have been committed against my wealthy, snobby sims. 😫 I’ve spotted my played households in the relationship panel in GeekCon outfits complete with the gold space helmet even though I never sent them to the festival. I wish it would stop.

Bienchen has a lot of mods on her site that stop the situational outfits. There’s one that addresses the GeekCon outfits. I haven’t tried it yet and haven’t played the game in a while, but hopefully it will put an end to those eyesores.

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/bienchens-mods/
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    edited September 2019
    This is exactly why I use mods. I don’t like situational outfits outside of festivals. It bothers me when I load one of my played households and my sims are dressed in horrendous situational outfits instead of the outfits I spent hours creating. The worst fashion offenses have been committed against my wealthy, snobby sims. 😫 I’ve spotted my played households in the relationship panel in GeekCon outfits complete with the gold space helmet even though I never sent them to the festival. I wish it would stop.

Bienchen has a lot of mods on her site that stop the situational outfits. There’s one that addresses the GeekCon outfits. I haven’t tried it yet and haven’t played the game in a while, but hopefully it will put an end to those eyesores.

https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/bienchens-mods/

Yep. These outfits make me feel like I've wasted time. I made a nice witch/spellcaster, gave her a cute outfit, and it turns out that the only place I see her is in the magic realm and she's never in the outfit I gave her. Only different ones every time she appears. :confounded:

IMG-6587.gif
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    I saw Judith Ward walking through Glimmerbrook wearing one of the new spell caster outfits that came with RoM while I was playing last night. I feel really annoyed by this. I don't want to see sims wearing clothes that aren't what they normally wear. It's so very irritating.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    A couple times, my first goal at a festival was asking other Sims to see their everyday clothes, just to change them out of the situational stuff. There is no reason for Moira Fyres to wear a full-head alien mask thing everywhere she goes!

This is how I spend half of every festival. It would be bad enough if they changed back at the end of the festival, but if I don't ask specifically them to change outfits, they will stay in that festival until the next festival, when they simply change to another freaky outfit. It's honestly infuriating. And you know, it would be one thing if the outfits were tied in any way whatsoever to the theme of the festival. Like, if my nerds want to autonomously go to the scifi con and change into superhero costumes and then walk around in them for days, I guess that would make some sense at least. But no, it's always just completely random and bizarre.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    All festivals do is give me a bunch of these things that I have to delete.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    edited September 2019
    I rarely go to GeekCon anymore, even though I love it, because the situational outfits are so bad. Sure, everyone at the Romance Festival ends up wearing pink and white, and somehow there's usually a mix of top hats, long gloves, and the eyeball ring, but the sci-fi hats and masks are the worst.

If they just changed back into their usual clothes once the situation was over, I could handle it. As it is, I sometimes throw parties where my main goal is inviting over Sims who appear with costumes in the Guests panel, just so they'll change into their party outfits.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    I already made a mod to disable situational outfits for spellcasters:
    http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_realmofmagicsituationoutfitfix.rar

There are two versions, use only one. One will let spellcasters wear their party outfits (which I prefer as spellcasters will show up in other worlds in their everyday outfit and I don't like that one to be too obviously magical), and the other one will let them wear their everyday outfit.

I think it was a mistake that EA didn't include a dark form for spellcasters. The dark form would have been perfect to use while in the Magic Worlds.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_realmofmagicsituationoutfitfix.rar

There are two versions, use only one. One will let spellcasters wear their party outfits (which I prefer as spellcasters will show up in other worlds in their everyday outfit and I don't like that one to be too obviously magical), and the other one will let them wear their everyday outfit.

I think it was a mistake that EA didn't include a dark form for spellcasters. The dark form would have been perfect to use while in the Magic Worlds.

Thank you so much for sharing. <3
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

Thank you!
  • NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    Karon wrote: »
    Thats why I want to be able to create my own styled look in CAS, and for the game to only use styled looks on npc/townies. But no, they are not going to add that because they don't want to hear us.

I also would like to create my own styled looks. Sometimes it takes too long to create every single outfit for every occasion and I just wanna throw an outfit on them real quick and keep it moving. But the options for styled looks are so limited and they don't look great on my sims. I wish I could just go in and my own create stylized looks, specific to my own stories, to make things quicker.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Thank goodness for MC Command Center. In MCCC I replaced all situational clothing with everyday clothing. Well, with the exception of Geekcon. They're supposed to dress wacky. No more people walking by my house wearing a vampire shirt, turban, goofy glasses and sandals with socks over leggings.