Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Performing Arts Expansion Pack Idea

Features:

It's Showtime!
Start off your theatrical career by performing in small venues and bars, and work your way up to arenas and stadiums! Customize your stage, hire professional dancers or start up your very own band.

The Stage is Yours!
Design your own stage, add lights, VFX emitters, stage props and more!

Dress To Impress
All eyes are on you, so show off your fashion game.

Welcome to Sapphire City
This city is inspired by Roaring Heights from The Sims 3 but with a modern style and the Upper West Side of Manhattan.
3 new districts, penthouses return.
New lot type: Exclusive Venue, festival grounds
Secret/Hidden lots: Festival Stage, Private Arena, Sports Stadium, Concert Hall.

CAS style: Glamorous, vibrant colors, bodysuits.

Build/buy style: Artistic, high class.

Minor features:

Start a band. Jazz bands, rock bands, boy-groups, girl-groups, acrobatic groups or dance groups.
Attend a a live show or a festival.

How it works:

A performance gig works like a goaled/social event.
To book a gig, you must go to audition, like actors from Get Famous.
Once your sim has booked a gig, they should practice. They can use a microphone an instrument if they're singers. Other performers have their respective practicing methods.
Before the show starts you have the opportunity to customize your stage, similar to The Sims 3 Showtime. You can also the default stage, but custom stages are more likely to get your sim positive reviews.
Speaking of reviews, after each show your sim will be evaluated by the audience.
The review is graded by stars (1-5). The higher the score (like 5/5 stars), the higher the pay-grade.

4 New Careers, 1 upgraded base-game career:
  • Singer
  • Live entertainer (Stand-Up Comedian or Instrument Player)
  • Professional Dancer (part of a group, a couple or a solo dancer)
  • Acrobat
  • Magician.

New skills:
Choreography: Similar to dancing skills, but choreography focuses on professional dancing
Singing: Returning from City Living, with additional features and songs
Flexibility: Acrobats and Dancers unlock new moves and new body positions to help improve their stage performances.
Rapping (minor skill)

Gameplay objects:
  • Electric Guitar
  • Saxophone
  • Drum set
  • Bass Guitar
  • Recording Studio set
  • VFX Stage props
  • Various career objects

The careers
  • All new careers work by the gig system, like Actors from Get Famous. Singers for example sign with a records label, others join an agency or a Studio. Sims with these careers start with smaller gigs, which include singing at lounges, bars and public venues. Then they can perform at arenas, concert halls, festivals and stadiums.

Singer Career:
  • Singers can be hired to play at weddings, one gig has you sing at a wedding.
  • Singers can hire instrument players or professional dancers.
  • Singers can record albums.
  • Singers can be a solo singer or be part of a singing group
  • Singers can collaborate with each other, or with rappers.
  • Sims can be rappers instead of singers, or they can sing and rap.

Dancer Career
  • New types of dancing include: Ballet, Salsa (couple), Tango (couple), Belly dancing, modern dancing. Learn a new dancing type as you advance through the choreography skill.
  • Dancers can dancing on stage as a main performer, or with a singer/band.

Live entertainer
This is the one from base game, the difference is, now this career is an active one. You get to join your sim as they perform on stage. Otherwise it's the same career.

Magician:
New career objects: magician boxes returning from The Sims 3 Showtime.
Magicians have plenty new social interactions. They can perform mind tricks on sims, hypnotize sims, do card tricks and more.

Acrobats:
They can perform different routines including miming, juggling, gymnasium and more

New Traits:

Diva: Sims with this trait tend to be arrogant, and self absorbed. Sims with these traits get angry when they are disrespected.
Showstopper: Sims with this trait are likely to gain higher reviews for their shows, and more likely to win awards. Sims with these traits become sad when their social needs are down.

New Social Interactions
  • Slow dancing (romantic)
  • Enthuse about concerts (friendly)
  • Discuss live shows (friendly)
  • Card Trick Illusion (friendly, exclusive to magicians)
  • Show a magic trick (friendly, exclusive to magicians)
  • Throw shade (mean, exclusive to Diva sims)
  • Talk about achievements (friendly and sometimes mean, exclusive to Diva sims)
  • Hype next show (friendly, exclusive to showstopper sims)
  • Pull coin from ear (friendly, exclusive to magicians)
  • Impress with flexibility (romanitc, requires level 5 Flexibility skill or higher)
  • Play charades (friendly, exclusive to acrobats).
  • Show off vocal skills (friendly, exclusive to Diva sims with level 7 singing skill or higher).
  • Sing Happy Birthday to a birthday sim (friendly, requires level 3 singing skil or higher).
  • Sing lullaby to babies and toddlers (friendly, requires level 3 singing skill or higher).
  • Ask to join band (friendly)
  • Berate performing skills (mean)
  • Praise performing skills (friendly)
  • Fire from band (mean)

Cross-packs features:

Get Famous:
  • Gain fame from the new careers.
  • You can shoot music videos in the studio lot. You can hire actors in the music videos.
  • Singers can promote new albums in public.
  • Performers can incite cheers, hold inspirational rallies or make fans swoon on stage for positive reviews.

Get Together:
Bands are grouped together via the club system, but even if you don't have GT you can still make a band.

City Living:
The singing skill is the same one, you can use the karaoke machines to practice before a show.

Cats and Dogs:
Acrobats can train dogs tricks and perform them on stage (you get extra money for your dog!)

I know that we already had packs that have a similar theme, but this idea is focused on stage performing, which is something we don't have yet.

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I like your ideas. Especially the part about getting pets involved. This is the kind of expansion that I would have enjoyed. There's a little something in it for everyone. Your pack integration ideas are great, too. Music videos in the studio should already be a thing! :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Love this! Especially if careers act like the gig system. More active careers are definitely needed.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I would LOVE a pack like this! Performance art is so bland in The Sims, always has been. I'd love to see more classic instruments like flutes as well.
  • craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    sounds cool, would be nice if they include pre-built stages in a few different sizes, or modular ones so we could create the perfect size.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I really want a ballet bar for my little girls.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I like it... but I wanna see bands.
    Brass bands, string bands, rubber bands, rock bands, metal bands, iron bands...

I'd also like to see swing included in the dance options, and contra/ECD.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Sounds good but I don't want secret hidden lots I hate those I'd prefer those lots to be in the world. I'm still annoyed they did not add hospitals and police stations to the worlds as they should have and they become a feature only for Sims in those careers so boring my Sims should be able to go to watch a band play not just be in one. I'd also like stages that can be placed on lots like bars and clubs not every band I create do I want filling a concert hall.

As you mentioned clubs to create bands I want complete and total control of who does what which Sim is the singer who plays drums what genre of music do they play, outfits, do they dance have a routine or jump around or stand still while they play.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    I really hope it'll happen and I'm pretty sure it will. I think music was'nt includeded in get famous because they knew there's so much more they can do with it, and i'm not complaining!!

Singers shuld be able to recored music videos too, like they did in Superstar!

And I have the perfect name: The Sims 4: Pop & Roll Expansion pack!
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    You almost covered everything so I don't think I have anything to add to your ideas. Hopefully they name it as The Sims 4 : Get On Stage.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    I would so buy this pack if they ever created it!
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    The only thing I could add is maybe include pet careers for commercials, police assistance for dogs, party assistant, and maybe therapy pet for mourning sims. >.> Those are careers that some pets actually have in real life, which would make the pet part of the pack more integrated with Cats & Dogs. You could also add functionality with Vampires and the Halloween Stuff Pack, if you added costume bands and performers. And you could also make it possible for bands to be called at wedding parties. That's something we don't already have either, which would work with this pack.
  • itoldusoitolduso Posts: 60 Member
    > @reiureya said:
    > The only thing I could add is maybe include pet careers for commercials, police assistance for dogs, party assistant, and maybe therapy pet for mourning sims. >.> Those are careers that some pets actually have in real life, which would make the pet part of the pack more integrated with Cats & Dogs. You could also add functionality with Vampires and the Halloween Stuff Pack, if you added costume bands and performers. And you could also make it possible for bands to be called at wedding parties. That's something we don't already have either, which would work with this pack.

Good ideas!