Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game crashing on exiting CAS with Spellcaster sims - anyone else?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    For those commenting something like this: It would have been nice if they’d noticed the bugs before the pack released.

They do test things out before releasing them, the problem is that sometimes some of the bugs don't show up until you 'go live'. This is one of the things that happens in programming or coding. It happens in every game ever made, heck, it happens in your work software too. It's frustrating when things don't work as intended but they'll fix it, try to have a little patience.

16-A47-C93-3165-4-FF5-A36-B-917-BDB3-D1562.gif
  • Options
    kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    This just happened to me. I was so excited to play 😢
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    For those commenting something like this: It would have been nice if they’d noticed the bugs before the pack released.

They do test things out before releasing them, the problem is that sometimes some of the bugs don't show up until you 'go live'. This is one of the things that happens in programming or coding. It happens in every game ever made, heck, it happens in your work software too. It's frustrating when things don't work as intended but they'll fix it, try to have a little patience.

This is a super good explanation as to why thank you. It doesn’t make it less frustrating but it helps me as a player not a programmer understand why certain bugs that are so awful slip through. I appreciate you taking the time to explain. I think the size of game as a whole with every pack installed can’t possibly help either.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Overheard somewhere at EA:

“Hey Bill, do you think we should start playtesting these things.
    “Nah, why bother when the consumers will pay us to play test it for us? Suckers...”

Bingo! Right on the nail and what is so bad some people see this happens with every release and defend it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Just happened to me, I was just saving my sim to the library & fortunately succeeded at that.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    CheiriPixieCheiriPixie Posts: 80 Member
    I had that too in my first load. It seems a bit laggy in CAS
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I haven't had this happen in my game not having any problems with the game.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019

We were just joking, saying they didn’t play test.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yep happened to me and crashed my game and taking a break to do a Farm Together event. EA thread about it and thanks to my fellow BobSquad member for finding this link Dallas:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Game-crashes-while-exiting-CAS/td-p/8188317
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks as this has been reported to AHQ and linked to a couple times in this thread I'm going to close this off. It makes more sense for discussion on this to occur there where it will do the most good.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top