Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What the plumbob was the point in making this just decor?

Comments

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,999 Member
    Messing with us. That would be soooo useful in regular builds, especially Victorian, either as a complete functional building or giving us the parts to make our own version and variations. For shame, EA!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    What the plumbob was the point of having EVERY lot in Glimmerbrook have driveways and big stone fences? What do witches with brooms need driveways for?

And did they forget they just gave us "off-the-grid" lot trait? But now we have these fancy drives in front of every lot even if we want to build an out of the way "hidden" cabin in the woods.

I don't get it.

I totally forgot about the broomsticks. I haven’t seen anyone post them yet.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What the plumbob was the point of having EVERY lot in Glimmerbrook have driveways and big stone fences? What do witches with brooms need driveways for?

And did they forget they just gave us "off-the-grid" lot trait? But now we have these fancy drives in front of every lot even if we want to build an out of the way "hidden" cabin in the woods.

I don't get it.

I totally forgot about the broomsticks. I haven’t seen anyone post them yet.

They mostly just hop on them for travel so they're just kinda... there basically.

Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Pabasa1301Pabasa1301 Posts: 22 Member
    I glanced through the cracks into the greenhouse, and it looks like it's filled with plants. Which would make sense given how potions require all kinds of fruits and vegs.

However there's no way for me to get into it. Doors are an illusion! Will probably try to teleport there when I get the spell, but it does look weird. Possible bug?
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2019
    Same reason the majority of San Myshuno is pointless, unexplorable set dressing. Normally I'd say they don't think these things through but that greenhouse is such a cruel tease that I can't believe it wasn't a conscious decision. The fact that you're in a magic world (one where you need ingredients to make potions) and the most exotic or magical plant you can harvest is a friggin' potato would be hilarious if it weren't so sad.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member

I don't get it.

Maybe it's cause cars are coming soon?
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »

I don't get it.

Maybe it's cause cars are coming soon?

Do you think you will be able to park your car in the common area of neighbourhoods? No. It will be on your lot, not on the driveway outside of it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Prehaps you can go inside of the one in the hidden area of the game with that new cheat
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Just to counter - I actually don’t mind that there aren’t any interactions. Maybe a rabbit hole type function would have been cool...where your sim comes back out with potion ingredients. Either way. I’m not upset about it. This was a game pack not an EP. Let’s not forget everything they DID include.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    It's not even a rabbit hole like the arborium or whatever it was called from Ts3 Supernatural. What's the point!!!?!?!😫
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    > @liliaeth said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Maybe it's cause cars are coming soon?

Hmmm.....it did strike me that every Glimmerbrook home lot shown on the live feed had some kind of driveway.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I was waiting for someone to notice this. There is no excuse for this. It’s garbage.
  • kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Could’ve at least made it a woohoo location

Agreed. Sadly there are no new woo hoo spots in this pack I saw on the live stream .. Broom woo hoo would have been cool :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I think it's a dreadful shame, especially when I could see that it is set up as a greenhouse inside, complete with decorative and growing plants. If it hadn't had the latter it wouldn't have been so bad. Willow Creek and Oasis Springs have community gardens as well as wild plants, they're such a great resource to get your gardening going. This would have done the same for RoM. I do appreciate that they are full, base game worlds and this is a GP world, but seeing these plants growing but just out of reach just seems so pointless. Since they have already made the building, even if it is one piece, and set it up like an old orangery / botantical house, it wouldn't have killed them to let us access it.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    It's in situations like these when having a rabbit hole would be better than not being able to access it at all.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    Just to counter - I actually don’t mind that there aren’t any interactions. Maybe a rabbit hole type function would have been cool...where your sim comes back out with potion ingredients. Either way. I’m not upset about it. This was a game pack not an EP. Let’s not forget everything they DID include.

That argument worked until Island Living became a thing.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    The issue isn't the building having any new animations itself, the issue is why can't we go in it? If something is already built the hard work is done, so why can't Sims walk in it and plant things inside it (which would just be on the floor like normal planting)? And why is it hidden in the catalog?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    They could always unlock it in an update.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    so yet another case of "style over substance"...
    it's just such a shame and a waste, they could have easily added a little garden area, some gardening pots inside and some wild plants arround it, now what is the point of going there at all?
    just a pretty backdrop for pictures/screenshots I guess.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Prehaps you can go inside of the one in the hidden area of the game with that new cheat

Maybe using cheats to destroy de object after buy he again and put in the main lot of realm of magic and use de mod TOOL of TwistedMexi's to move the new object in the same position and see if the sim get into it. i will test when i come in the game soon as possible.

but anyways i was surprised when i come in to this place and the camera passed by the greenhouse and being able to see everything there and just not being able to enter, it's very sad.