Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it worth buying ROM?!

I don’t get paid till Friday, but I’m still undecided on whether I want the pack as I keep hearing mixed reviews
I’d love to hear any feedback what I really also want to know is it a pack that I’m going to play with for an hour and never have use again or will it keep me entertained ?

Any replies would be appreciated

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    Honestly, I've had it twenty minutes and I feel like I've done everything there is to do. To be fair though I'm not a fantasy player. The new worlds are amazing, and the broom-riding and wand duals are nice. But, as always, it's just another skin for the same everyday gameplay. I wish we had new objects like a hidden bookcase door, and that Sims could use their wands to summon things and do everyday things with. It just feels very shallow, especially when most of the gameplay is just leveling up by doing the same things and looking in a computerized journal like something from a 2000s Playstation game.

Wow that is SO sad to hear...I was afraid of this...
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I won't know, I still don't have it.
  • EliasLayous12EliasLayous12 Posts: 51 Member
    If you are into occult sims and supernatural stuff then ABSOLUTLY. Also if you are a builder it would be nice to have, but if you want it only for the new world and to have realistic gameplay then it won't be really worth it.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Waiting for the next expansion so I can do a bundle for once with this pack and Moschino. I’ve decided.

I’ve never done a bundle before and wanna see what it’s about lol
  • CeltianaCeltiana Posts: 13 New Member
    Yes I think so. It's a game pack so obviously.. it isn't huge. I have liked all the expansions, game packs and stuff packs .. but, there has been sooo much hype, around this and other packs, expansions etc, it probably isn't going to live up to everyone's expectations and I imagine, it could be done in a few days (or hours if you play through) similar to packs such as Strangerville so.. In my opinion, yes it's worth getting, but it isn't life-changing ;)
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    Yes, I think it's worth it. I like the new spells, like cleaning and repairing things in a jiffy and the curses are fun too. The CAS items are really nice. The BB items are nice, but I'd love some more clutter and decorations. The familiars are also too cute, but I kinda wish you could do more things with them, like having a conversation with them for example. But all in all I'm very happy about this game pack! Been playing for three hours nonstop, haha.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2019
    I like it, but then again I love sim witches.

I was planing on Bella Goth to be a witch, but I didn't have to do anything because the game turned her into on its own. Now Bella is my sim's dueling partner. She is always asking my sim out for a duel.

Two beginner spell crafters honing their skills.
    70430997_1358149971001961_7753162825438068736_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_oc=AQmboBLgFZbwPAIFkS85dow39Cvy6WNydzHbTHOGDxl-PeiiZCoYwLyU9o0q4NIbiCZC3sPoQVHm4x_zbm2Izxyk&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=602d4c96f60ac278c5749364c7856291&oe=5E06B744

A little while later, my sim fell in love with Morgyn, and he asked her to be his girlfriend. Before anyone gets a little excited, I do have a mod that allows the sim I'm not controlling to ask if they want too. But to tell you something else, this is the first time this has ever happened to any of my sims in TS4, and I've had this mod for a while. lol

70249518_1358149957668629_4887802413550927872_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQkEE-Io78NoBB9Eg4x5tJ5TD6vpsoWDavlGfFirzmTnicMzUg0lmZL4nV22dG4ijHOM3NLFZcXbcNBDuDsiLgpD&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-2.xx&oh=a9142d05b128b653f1f33da44291712c&oe=5DFC18F6
    I'm not going to do anything as far as a family play yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing what his children look like.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I got mine for $9.99 and I find it worth it at that price and the only way I will buy it on day of launch. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Yes, definitely if you enjoy a little magic in your game. I've been playing all afternoon and it's a lot of fun. Sure you could probably blow through and experience almost all the new stuff in a day or two, but the best part of the Sims (imo) is the stories you can tell using the new features.
    Right now I've progressed my new spellcaster up to master rank and married her to my master vampire. Together they are going to run a school teaching vampires and spellcasters (mostly his descendants) how to use their powers. I'm honestly having a blast so far!
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have been playing for 4 hours and just now learned spellcasting. I find there is so much to do. I think it depends on how one plays. This pack will keep me entertained for days yet.

I can see this pack being used in every one of my future games so I expect hours and hours of game fun with it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    If you're undecided just wait until the game has been out for awhile. More player reviews plus you can wait for a sale.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    A little while later, my sim fell in love with Morgyn, and he asked her to be his girlfriend. Before anyone gets a little excited, I do have a mod that allows the sim I'm not controlling to ask if they want too. But to tell you something else, this is the first time this has ever happened to any of my sims in TS4, and I've had this mod for a while.

Which mod is this? That sounds like one of the things I’ve always wanted from the sims.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'd wait until they patch all the REALLY bad bugs that came with this pack. I really want it because I'm a big supernatural fan and witches/wizards/spellcasters is something I've been waiting for since day 1. But based on a lot of reviews I've seen both from Game Changers and normal members of the community...this pack is kind of a hot mess. Glitches and crashes galore. Unimaginative spells and potions. A small, boring world, with an even more boring (albeit pretty) secret lot. A garden with an inaccessible greenhouse and basic plum harvestables like potatoes and lemons. Normal townies being able to waltz in and out of the supposedly secret realm of magic, as if it's any other normal neighborhood. Normal townies being automatically turned into spellcasters. Lack of...well...anything for the child stage (not even any new clothes).

The fantasy junkie in me is still definitely gonna get this pack. But from what I've seen, it's really disappointing and not worth getting for full price. Especially in its current state.
    I like it, but then again I love sim witches.

I was planing on Bella Goth to be a witch, but I didn't have to do anything because the game turned her into on its own. Now Bella is my sim's dueling partner. She is always asking my sim out for a duel.

Yeah, see, that's a problem I've noticed in a lot of reviews and playthroughs. I don't want the game changing my sims' life states without my permission (even if I did also plan on making Bella Goth a spellcaster). I've noticed it's done that with Zoe Patel an Eliza Pancakes too.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2019
    @MoonfoxNightcry

The mod can be found at the link. https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

Go down till you find the one called autonomous boy girlfriend. This is the photo next to the mod.
    sims4me_autonomousboygirlfriend.jpg
    There is another one right next to it that allows the other sim to autonomous first kiss.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    @MoonfoxNightcry

The mod can be found at the link. https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

Go down till you find the one called autonomous boy girlfriend. This is the photo next to the mod.
    sims4me_autonomousboygirlfriend.jpg
    There is another one right next to it that allows the other sim to autonomous first kiss.

Thank you!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2019
    I only played for around 2 hours but in that time I maxed out my spellcaster completely (skills, perks, and rank) if that says anything. I'm kinda hardcore tho

It seems alright so far. Nothing in it has really blown me away yet, but I'm not mad that I threw 20 bucks at it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    If you're really into fantasy and magic,then this is the pack for you. Otherwise I suggest waiting for a much better pack to come along. There's really nothing interesting in build or buy mode,and the only venue in Glimmerbrooke is just another boring bar(Seriously-why is EA/Maxis so obssesssed with those stupid bars?).There are no new venues,and there are no other venues(no spas,no cafes,no museums) in the game pack.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    It's the first pack I have ever bought full price on the day of release. I am having a blast with it.

My teen Sim is living on her own and learned the repairio spell. So she is earning money painting and using the spell to change the quality of the paintings to excellent. It did backfire once and the picture caught on fire. Lol.

It gives me a reason to garden and dig for treasure. I love the magical realm too. I 've been exploring to find mandrake, familiars, and magic tomes. L. Faba keeps a meal ready to grab and eat in the kitchen, so I only need to leave for sleep. Once my apple tree grows though, I can make a potion to refill all my needs.

I'm taking it slowly to become familiar with each spell and potion. I just wish my teen spellcaster could quit school so there would be more time for magic.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I'm having a blast also but I admit I love the game in general.
    I have a few spellcasters started and will go down different paths with them and mostly make them stick to what I choose for them to do. The magic animations to me are so much fun to watch and play around with ... along with all of the spells and potions I have learned on my sims so far. The worlds and build/buy is just wonderful... and the CAS. I love it. I haven't tried out all the spells and potions yet... I've tried enough to know I won't tire of this anytime soon.
    I've been waiting for magic for so long in this game and between being able to make a caster in the fantasy realm or make one in CAS and study outside of the Realm (maybe with some cheats to get tomes ect) I'll be covered for the many different story types I've been planning on playing out for years.
    I'm enjoying aspects of the game I don't usually play with and things I haven't been playing with much lately. Pets for one. I'm loving my sims cat and having it as part of the family... has more purpose for me now. Even taking care of a garden ect... just means more.

egTcBMc.png
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I got mine for $9.99 and I find it worth it at that price and the only way I will buy it on day of launch. :)

Ooo, where did you buy it for that price?
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    I think it's worth it, but I wish it's could done better. but ah well. Potion of immortal is not true immortal, your sim drink this, sim only not die by age, but getting older, not stay young like vampires, so you had to do little bit work to stay young, while vampire is passions, not worry about vampire age, but spellcaster is way overpowerful than vampire by actions while vampire is more powerful at passions stuff. There is so much cool and easier to do as spellcaster and can be most evil sims ever.
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    I just tried to return mine after playing 2 hours lol so that answers my opinion 😂
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Ooo, where did you buy it for that price?

Gamestop with some reward points I had, I buy my packs using them knew Gamestop was good for something as I really do not shop there as much as I did a while back.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen