Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unpopular Opinions (The Sims 3)

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @SimTrippy @bekkasan : the atracction system is a joke! Being accused of being unfaithful because some random stranger asks you to watch the stars, what you refuse??? Meh!

Hahaha yes exactly :joy: always scares me to go on vacation or call a service, cause my sims just love to fall in love!

@emorrill I'm the same, all my sims are faithful except for maybe one or two odd ducks a year :D
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I like the family tree better in TS4 than TS3.

I like the rabbit holes. It gets a few of my sims out of my hair for a few hours at a time.
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    edited September 2019
    @PlayerSinger2010 Agreed about the rabbit holes. When I'm playing 2 sims, I always have one self employed and the other with a rabbit hole career. It's easier to manage that way.

Unpopular opinion : I prefer my sims with a drama free life lol They usually get married and have kids with their first partner, no cheating, etc... :D
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member

I like the rabbit holes. It gets a few of my sims out of my hair for a few hours at a time.

Truthfully I like them too. :)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion: Whenever my female sims have a baby and are raising their toddlers, I usually have them stay home while their spouses go to work.

^Most of the time I do that too. :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Mine: The houses by EA are poorly decorated.
    I understand why, but I just can't find myself playing in any of them.
    I've never been the biggest fan of the Goths. :neutral:

Please no one kill me for that... :(

;)

I certainly love seeing other's admiration for them and the stories they write about them, but I don't personally go right over to play them.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I get so lazy at making Sims... I start to clone them! :D

71066810_10156566389371497_2875761443993550848_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQmH9LGNQ5asM8Lz_WZkD2yjLCvU3kY9dYSXN8OkNqjO2hqd8TChBKYnJKVx2Ngzf6dQx4sBSm_J8wNTU9LSSmK6&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=941fc3154c9f660c9c3f2b647a27afdb&oe=5E122786

59656316_10156283476461497_2279750597559189504_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQmQLeZJ9YnyuvlCgLrvEdUBw8qTQvZMw39jqaIhhn8Yv9Hg2Pf66dmbt8KAIQd9REDm7MrzRamMyWeBUZY0iih7&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=787e8a4d28d8e6c87e6c04eaa06a838a&oe=5DFCBF71

57503297_10156265366321497_5179038772888600576_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQnon3aPC9w_jdBfnbSQeOduOapcXh7nzOR3FCBEJ84pL1F7ZnDuS0eTrV3zwVdlodRYKqDX-sLhu_flxThU2df8&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=8eb0a489a41788a961da0c149732d22b&oe=5E00FA23

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    emorrill wrote: »

;)

I certainly love seeing other's admiration for them and the stories they write about them, but I don't personally go right over to play them.

The Goths had mystery to them. There was the graveyard in the original game which would have a few interesting ghosts. One of them was named 'Vegas'

Also if you played the family you would get a phone call asking to adopt a baby. When the baby grew up it looked like a male version of Cassandra but another time it was a girl only with the lighter skin tone but same head.
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I like the family tree better in TS4 than TS3.

I like rabbit holes :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited September 2019
    Mine: The houses by EA are poorly decorated.
    I understand why, but I just can't find myself playing in any of them.

I agree totally. It's so much fun going in there and changing out all the browns, rusty oranges and greens. I think they did that so we could take full advantage of the color wheel to change all the ugly colors. :lol:

@emorrill Sacrilege, Emily, sacrilege!!! :lol:

ETA: I like rabbit holes too. I look around town to see what all the townies are up to while my sims are in their rabbit holes, and see who comes to greet them when they get off work and come outside.
    edited September 2019
    ZeeGee wrote: »

@emorrill Sacrilege, Emily, sacrilege!!! :lol:

:lol:

^Girl I was totally thinking of you after I typed that and was like, "Noooo! I hope that doesn't hurt ZeeGee's feelings!" :cry: So that's why I wrote that I enjoy people's stories about them (yours is seriously the BEST I've ever seen! :star:<3 ) so that you would know that I thoroughly enjoy your videos about them and am not secretly disliking it. ;) {{{{Hugs}}}}
    I like the Goth's, I just don't go out of my way to play them because I prefer playing with my own created sims. :blush:

Thanks for joking with me about it. It gave me a good chuckle! :lol:

:kissing_heart:

I await your newest story video with great anticipation!
    @emorrill You couldn't offend me (or anyone really) if you tried. :kissing: I'm working on it, for real! Just takes me sooo long.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member

;)

I think I played with premades the least in TS3. I guess it was always more exciting to create my own sims thanks to the great improvements in CAS. They always felt like background characters to me, so while I like to hear about their stories and personalities they were never the main focus for me.

Hmm it's getting hard to think of unpopular opinions.

I'd say that I never got into some skills such as gardening and fishing. I was probably just lazy because I couldn't be bothered to remember what fertilisers and bait were needed :lol:
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @coco I left you an awesome not about your unpopular opinion because you know how I feel about my sims fishing and gardening but because I agree with what you said about premades :)
    @mikezumi I built a greenhouse recently because I want to enjoy gardening more. I just feel like my sim's lifestyle, jobs and other activities always get in the way of it. It's very much like my current situation in real life where I buy lots of plants but then don't find the time to settle them in proper pots :lol:
    @coco Although I don't use it, there is a mod (from Sims Asylum) that makes gardening super fast. The only reason I like my sims gardening and fishing is because I want perfect produce for perfect meals early in a save rather than waiting for a sim to be able to do it with tons of experience.
    @Mikezumi Thanks I didn't know there was a mod. I will have to decide later if I want to use it or not. I don't really mind about the meal quality as long as it is nice or above and I usually send my sims to the grocery for their weekly shopping. I'd like to raise a sim who would suit a career in gardening, I just haven't found them yet :smile:

Here's another opinion although I'm just not sure how unpopular it is: I don't see any entertainment value in torturing sims :tongue:
    @coco I agree! My sims live blessed lives and I am incapable of torturing them regardless of how unrealistic a happy, drama free, life is.
    @coco I agree with that one too! I don't get torturing and/or killing sims.
  • mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I've never understood why some Simmers like to harm their Sims. And, I understand even less why they like to boast about doing it.
    Anyhow, here's my very Unpopular Opinion: The Sims actually show intelligence. Not necessarily 'smart' but intelligent.
    @mw1525 I agree with that too, in Sims 3, which is what we're talking about. :) It may be artificial intelligence, but it's there. And personalities too.
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sorry it took me so long to respond. I went to my doctors Mon morning , they sent me to the emergency room, ended up staying over night in the hospital while they gave me antibiotics via IV. They released me late yesterday afternoon but didn't get home until late last night after filling prescriptions. My sprained ankle got worse after it got an infection. Should have just gone straight to the emergency room Sunday instead of waiting to go to my doctor on Monday. Got to keep my ankle higher than my heart and it's awkward with my leg up here on the desk so might not last too long at the computer. :)
    @cwaddell I'm giving you an Insightful on that one because I honestly didn't think anyone played like that. :lol:
    1. I lay out the furnishings and appliances so that I have less crossover of paths. Especially in the kitchen where the path used to fix food does not cross over the path to clean up the dishes and does not cross the path through the room and does not cross the path to get leftovers from the frig.

^I am curious how you accomplish this though. :) I get sick of sims going in directions I don't want them to, to DO what I want them to do! :unamused: I see the direction they should go and I expect them to take it! When they go around it, it drives me bonkers! :lol:

I put an empty counter top between the frig and the stove or it may have a food processor on it. When fixing meals sims go from the frig to an empty counter or the food processor and then to the stove. On the other side of the stove I put an empty counter for them to place the finished meal. Past that I put the sink and the dishwasher. The "cleanup plates" path does not cross over the "prepare food" path or the "get food" path. Most of my kitchen have pretty much the same layout. It might be kind of boring for human viewers or players but the sims have way less collisions.

Here are a few examples.
    XxfWAdn.jpg
    2Fxo5Es.jpg
    49WFABT.jpg
    XdiEUxo.jpg
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    @cwaddell : you got an awesome, because I always build the houses with the routing in mind, too. And I don´t use Move Objects often, just so that my Sims can rout properly in the houses.
    This means, that my Sims often get very large, but empty houses and rooms. And the environmental moodlet my Sims get from pictures on the walls. :D
    Every time I renovate premaid houses, take away the clutter and tear down walls to make the rooms bigger.
    I often have bigger rooms and when I renovate premade house I do the same. I also use paintings and other decorations with high environmental values when my sims can afford it to get the +40 moodlet, especially in their bedrooms since they will be getting the benefits the whole time they sleep.
    igazor wrote: »
    cwaddell wrote: »
    2. I do not add appliances or furnishings for decoration purposes. They must be used by the sims. That means, in general, no sitting room where sims don't actually go and sit or entertain guests.
    I disagreed with this at first and wasn't going to say anything, but then it made me laugh because I realized where the initial impulse was coming from.

Am I the only one who grew up in a house with a sitting room (living room) with perfect furniture and decor, the sofa cushions wrapped in plastic, that no one was allowed to use? "It's for company." ...
    But sims do not use those kind of rooms if left on their own. I do occasionally have a formal sitting room or parlor in mansions and my sims will sometimes go there when I direct them to read the paper.

ETA:

A couple more examples of kitchens. Although different I used the same principles.

tiny house:
    0K8zPab.jpg

cabin:
    YBRXJDR.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top