Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the devs and the marketing team ever gonna stop this recurring problem?

Comments

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    KittHaven wrote: »
    telemwill wrote: »
    Morgan wasn't a sage at all in the trailer. The untamed sage was Aine. The trailer shows a past time when Morgan was just becoming a spellcaster. That is why the sages look different, because they are the sages of the present time. The ones in the trailer were sages in a past time.

I do hope all of the past sages end up on the gallery.

These sages were from the 'gameplay' trailer, though. If you watch it Morgyn is introduced as a sage along with those two, so the first trailer was the past when Morgyn was starting out with magic (you only see the sage who gives him his powers in that trailer) and then when you see all 3 sages together it's in the gameplay trailer (Morgyn included). Unless something happened to the other two and they were replaced!! (In the maxis gameplay stream they said when sages die, get married, etc, they get replaced automatically) However, I really hope they don't use that as an excuse because it's a bit of a lame one. :#

Oh, ok. I need to watch the gameplay trailer then.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    This last guy looks terrible. What on earth.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Haven't they not been doing this ever since The Sims 2 and even The Sims 3? Why we complaining about this now?

the-sims-2-deluxe.jpg.adapt_.crop191x100.628p.jpg

the-sims-3-late-night-the-sims-2-nightlife-the-sims-2-apartment-life-the-sims-3-world-adventures-the-sims-medieval-sims-thumbnail.jpg
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    All I can say is that actors look different in movies!
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't get it? What am I supposed to see with Morgyn? The other two I see, but not Morgyn?

The person who created the image for the original reddit thread where I got this just included Morgyn for the sake of completeness, not because they had a criticism.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    Finbar659 wrote: »
    Haven't they not been doing this ever since The Sims 2 and even The Sims 3? Why we complaining about this now?

the-sims-3-late-night-the-sims-2-nightlife-the-sims-2-apartment-life-the-sims-3-world-adventures-the-sims-medieval-sims-thumbnail.jpg

It's one thing to do this with random premades, and another thing entirely to do it with named characters with important NPC roles.

These are the the masters of their schools of magic! It's like if Bella Goth looked like any randomized sim instead of herself (and the her you'd seen in a gameplay trailer) when you loaded the game.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    SMH...stop with such false adverting...I mean the last one is WAY off the mark SO off the mark.

This last one is that meme you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.

Baha! YES!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    oh wow this is just... not okay
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

It's one thing to do this with random premades, and another thing entirely to do it with named characters with important NPC roles.

These are the the masters of their schools of magic! It's like if Bella Goth looked like any randomized sim instead of herself (and the her you'd seen in a gameplay trailer) when you loaded the game.

also tbh bella does not look like her ts1 self either so lets not dive that deep :joy: i mean they did model her probably off ts2 version of bella for ts4 but there was point in time where they completely failed her genetics and i am still salty about it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Is this what happens when you order sages on Wish?
  • Finbar659 wrote: »

Yeah , this is just...a little annoying to me. For example the guy in the middle, blonde guy actually does look like the trailer version. I find the Sims community very draining much of the time.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Giving L.Faba (the sage of Mischief) a makeover so that she looks like she does in the marketing trailer is not easy....they really used a completely different sim.

i16pygy.png
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    They changed the Black guy to being a White guy? Smdh inexcusable. Reminds me of when they removed the Black guy from the base game cover.
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    No. The difference is that those TS2 examples are generic sims on a box. The ones in the trailer were implied to be the ones we see in-game and two of them look nothing like what we've seen. The sage with the pinky purple hair has the same makeup and outfit, so you know it's supposed to be her. I don't know what happened to the bottom sage, lol :D .
    Simmify wrote: »
    Yeah , this is just...a little annoying to me. For example the guy in the middle, blonde guy actually does look like the trailer version. I find the Sims community very draining much of the time.
    1/3 makes it okay, I guess.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • usually maxis uploads sims from the trailers to their gallery. these are probably not the official characters.

either way, the blonde guy looks exactly like the trailer to me.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    well, that's embaressing...
    plus the gameplay trailer sages look so much better, especially the practical magic sage.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    If they show it in the trailer it should be exactly like that in the game. It's like going to the theaters to see the movie staring Johnny Depp and a no name listless actor is the star of the film and Johnny is nowhere to be seen the entire film. False advertising at it's best. This deserves more recognition than it has. No film or gaming agency is getting away with this crap why should they? THEY SHOULDN'T.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I laughed so hard at this :D:D I can't believe it
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    I feel like those aren't the same sims in the trailer, after all Morgyn is now a sage when he was just the new guy in the trailer. So some time must've passed.
    If I'm wrong...yikes. Poor first sage must've gotten attacked by a swarm of bees
    Aww man, that third sage looked so cool. I would've invited him out to the bar for Bro's Night in my game. The one in the finished game doesn't even look like he deserves to be apart of Bro's Night.
    Third sage looks like the type of guy that brings the best snacks and the finished game dude looks like he double dips.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited September 2019
    I was kinda hoping that the original poster (person on reddit) of the image shared it to try and get some laughs by editing the sages, which I did laugh in regards the last guy. So, the first thing I did was go to see the sages to see if this image was true, and then I laughed again when indeed the image was true. It's kinda disappointing in a way. The guy in the trailer looks powerful and cool where as the sage (last guy) what you see in the game just looks like your average Joe townie who looks nothing like a powerful sage. He doesn't even have the same skin tone or the beard as the guy who was in the trailer, lol. Oh well, I will be editing him to look like the guy in the trailer myself. Anyways, RoM is still an awesome game pack. I have to say that this is my new favorite game pack now.
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    Y'all complaining about this... Next time they won't show any Sims in the trailers. 😂😂
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • Allykinz014Allykinz014 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m going to attempt to recreate the female per her trailer appearance I’ll let you guys know how it goes
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Morgan looks... the same. The rest don't bother me much.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Ah, yet another thing I'll have to fix before being able to enjoy the pack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯