Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Selling Potions?

I thought I saw that you can't sell potions? Seriously?! I thought about a potions shop. Hopefully they fix that in an upcoming update

Comments

• IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    edited September 2019
    That’s true. Deligracy confirmed it in her video that she uploaded today. They are worth $0.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    I don't think you can buy them either in the realm world. That shop just sells the ingridents to make them with from what I saw.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    What?? That's so dumb. There goes my idea for potions shop. I hope they fix that soon.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I saw that on a live stream earlier. Very bizarre omission.
    Sad but atleast we can get the potions straight from debug and also modders will give us the option to sell soon I'm sure.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    So far I want modders to:

-make new fun spells (invisibility, shrink, silly stuff, frog spell, weather spells, etc)
    -make fun better potions (and more of them)
    -make potions sellable
    -make new cc ingredients for potions (I miss my dragon scales, eyes of newt, etc)
    -make witchy clothing (hats dresses etc)
    -make some spells and potions usable by children and toddlers and some animations (I feel so bad they were ignored)

Basically, all that EA should've done. Ugh.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I remember the devs saying you should be able to have potion and magic shops so I imagine this was a oversight that will be fixed.
  • jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    I remember the devs saying you should be able to have potion and magic shops so I imagine this was a oversight that will be fixed.

I really hope so. Maybe it's just me, but I would think that should be pretty basic LOL
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Thanks for the link @CelSims. :) What would we do without our modding community? I'm holding off on buying this pack while hoping some of the things I feel are missing will be added via mods. And any new glitches are nuked by the modders before I install it. This mod is especially important to me as it plays into the storyline I planned to create in Glimmerbrook. No sense rushing into buying a pack that doesn't have the main feature I wanted the most. What baffles the heck out of me is how a modder was able to create a tuning mod that adds selling potions the day of release, yet the teams didn't add that option during development. :/
    I think this is a bug cause Nick mentioned it

• simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I think this is a bug cause Nick mentioned it

Great! Hopefully that means an emergency patch will be coming sooner rather than later.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @catloverplayer Well, that explains it's a bug rather than an oversight on the teams' end. But my biggest question is why wasn't it caught before the pack was released. So did SimGuruNick have any news on when we can expect a fix for this? My guess is it won't be dealt with until the next update sometime in October. Thanks for the info @catloverplayer. :)