Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

18910111214...Next

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    JCStormy1 wrote: »
    Will there be a system, like Get Famous, where you can opt out of the rest of your worlds being able to become sorcerers? Watching a livestream, I noticed that everyone from the Landgraabs to the Pancakes are suddenly made over and sorcerers.

See this thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/966037/regular-townies-turning-into-spellcasters/p1
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    JCStormy1 wrote: »
    Will there be a system, like Get Famous, where you can opt out of the rest of your worlds being able to become sorcerers? Watching a livestream, I noticed that everyone from the Landgraabs to the Pancakes are suddenly made over and sorcerers.

From what I and some other GCs have figured out, any Sims that you have marked as Favorite (even if you haven't played them) or that your played Sims have interacted with won't turn up as sorcerers.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    @luthienrising if you leave the original mages as mages will they stay as mages forever or will they eventually die? Do they age? I want to keep the original mages.
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    @MaggieMarley if they do age, you could probably give them immortality potions to stop it
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
    Re. lots that may feel underfurnished:
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • me still waiting for my pay-day

559ealbhcsl31.png?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=189352c10170551cd1e6162097331dd62b3e8d2d
    y'all got bread?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited September 2019
    Lets be honest the premade lots are trash. They look amazing in trailers then are practically empty in game. False advertising is annoying
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Lets be honest the premade lots are trash. They look amazing in trailers then are practically empty in game. False advertising is annoying
    Simguru Houts mentioned it's due to min spec, so that makes sense to me. We can jazz them up, if our computers are up to it. I will, that's for sure. :smile:
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    mika wrote: »

I thought the ones in Sims 2 were great. I guess they just stopped trying with TS4 :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey everyone,

I've moved some comments from here to this other topic. Please, let's try to respect the purpose of this thread and @luthienrising's request discuss the pack in other threads, leaving this one only for official information.

Thanks!
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited September 2019

Maxis: oh and one more thing, not but not least, your game will crash. Thought of mentioning this disclaimer after the purchase available data. Happy casting!

Oh, the inability to save (exit) CAS If you missed or unaware the cause is during idling interval, does show the rational step to strecth the game for "5 MORE YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT" plan. We can just hope that the same kind of bug creeps its ugly face, in a form when entering BB on wrong timing.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited September 2019
    @DragonCat159 While the bug heads-up is appreciated, you have no evidence that any of these bugs were identified before release. And if it they were identified after patching but before release (for example, if Game Changers saw these bugs before release), fixing them before release would have required release to be delayed. They're also not game-breaking bugs. Please refrain from editorializing in my thread. Thanks.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited September 2019
    And if it they were identified after patching but before release (for example, if Game Changers saw these bugs before release), fixing them before release would have required release to be delayed.
    It being broken isn't the issue, despite yes it would be nice and I, personally much rather prefer that. However, The relevant issue is here is how badly timing the informal was. It comes as off "ROM is out! Have fun... and btw, the game breaks. Oppsy for late mention! Have simming". The reaction towards shouldn't look down upon and dismiss, just because the team is unable to provide decent service: play-test and inform about the confirmed bugs before the pack's (products) release.

And I would gladly provide the evidence. Let me dig it out where I noticed it.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    And if it they were identified after patching but before release (for example, if Game Changers saw these bugs before release), fixing them before release would have required release to be delayed.
    It's not about fixing them, which although would be nice in a way, but rather informing about it before hand should been a measure that got taken. How should people not react disgruntle when they add "oops, forgot to mention that your game may crash while playing ROM!".

Again: There is no proof that the bugs were discovered before release.
    @DragonCat159 Please don't use this thread for that discussion. Thank you.

• The hairs!!! OMG!!! I totally need all of them... it's sad, they are not in.... maybe they will be soon created by some CC-creators.
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top