Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Regular townies turning into spellcasters?

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited September 2019
    I opened the filter, Vampires, Alien and Mermaids are blacklisted, they can't be choosen as NPCs Spellcasters... Anyway, I edited the filter and made a mod to stop non occult sims from being turned into occults at random, too... you can find it here

https://forgottenhollow-secretgarden.tumblr.com/post/187627434911/quick-mod-for-rom-dont-turn-my-sims-into
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so, i checked this out by having my first spellcaster sim hang out in the magic realm for a full 24 hours... lots of random townie spellcasters came and went in that time and ten sims i had favorited but never played also showed up as spellcasters (they were primarily from strangerville military, strangerville scientist or actor households i had made up of townies in those professions, though also got a restaurant chef and a bartender in it)
    an interesting thing about this is some of those sims used to be favorited, but got moved into the unfavorited section after i edited them. others were still in the favorited section
    when i had the sim leave the magic realm, i used my mod to see what all spellcasters were in my game... only the ones that had ever been favorited were still around, even if they were no longer in the favorited section. all the ones randomly created specifically to be casters seem to have been deleted
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    If it is premades I personally won't mind as I was going to edit sims anyways. I always felt like that unlike sims 2, most of these games are heading towards more realism which is what I don't want and no real option to choose to spawn more. I liked Sims 2 because there was randomness and unexpected things that will never happen in real life.

Townies just get deleted usually no matter what.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @fullspiral People are... Odd and want the pack for build mode content and whine about fantasy plaguing them when they bought a fantasy dlc

And that's why we don't have the alien invasions like we should and what we paid for. And why vampires were toned down. And why witches will be too.

They complained that the in game dynamics were not "fun" for their happy, happy, joy, joy white picket fence sim-lives. They didn't want garlic on the walls, or satellite dishes on the lawns. And those of us who love the "weird and wonderful world of sim crazy" get screwed so they can play family time with washers and dryers.

This. I will again pay $20.00 for a pack and have $10.00 worth of features stripped out because a bunch of people buy it as a stuff pack and only want the BB and CAS. Features. The way I figure it, EA owes me money for nerfing the aliens, vampires, and weather related deaths I plunked down my money for that they later came in and extinguish it. It’s almost like running a bait and switch which technically is illegal. If people are going to pay for a pack knowing the features it contains and then gripe about not wanting those exact same features then they should have to turn to modders to tone down or eliminate them and stop having them snatched out of the games belonging to those of us who paid for them and enjoyed them.

100% exactly and you said it better than me.

The autonomous alien mind meld is nerfed. So much that we PAID for is nerfed. For the complainers who want stuff packs from game packs.

Thanks. This game sorely lacks randomness and every time we get some a small handful complains loudly and the very reasons I bought the pack...unpredictable happenstance ends up getting patched out. It’s depressing. Literally nothing happens in this game that you don’t absolutely force to have happen.

That's how I feel. Finally I get something I like and find random and fun but of course, others are going to get their way and it will be removed and goes back to less random and more mundane chores and all that.

I want witches and if I can pay for it, I want it in my game. People don't have to buy occult packs if they aren't interested in that.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I am currently playing a temporary save so that I can create a spellcaster population for my main save. Will be interesting to see how it works :)
    graventhe wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    They only autonomously practice magic in the Magic Realm. Extra spellacasters aren't needed until you go there, so just don't visit and your save will be fine.

There will be premades in the world though, and these will likely regenerate as randoms if you delete them.

What the point of owning the pack if I never visit? I just want the magic to stay there and not spellcasters appear in other worlds?

And where these premades you talking about? In other normal worlds? Or in magic realms? I don't want spellcasters townies to spawn in other worlds and see them walking around, in the magic world its fine of course..

Why would you buy the pack if you don't intend to use it?

I want to use it just I don't want to ruin my other realistic play, it's pretty simple..the magic should stay in the magic world..I dont want spellcasters in my realistic saves wondering around everywhere..I like both realistic and fantasy..but I don't like them to be mixed..simple.

And I want witches and randomness, less realism. This is going to be a problem if they can't please both. I am afraid they are going to water things down again because everyone complains. Without a toggle feature, you are always going win and us occult simmers always lose out which means more work for us to add them all in or stuck with mods that break.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    They only autonomously practice magic in the Magic Realm. Extra spellacasters aren't needed until you go there, so just don't visit and your save will be fine.

There will be premades in the world though, and these will likely regenerate as randoms if you delete them.

What the point of owning the pack if I never visit? I just want the magic to stay there and not spellcasters appear in other worlds?

And where these premades you talking about? In other normal worlds? Or in magic realms? I don't want spellcasters townies to spawn in other worlds and see them walking around, in the magic world its fine of course..

I want to use it just I don't want to ruin my other realistic play, it's pretty simple..the magic should stay in the magic world..I dont want spellcasters in my realistic saves wondering around everywhere..I like both realistic and fantasy..but I don't like them to be mixed..simple.

And I want witches and randomness, less realism. This is going to be a problem if they can't please both. I am afraid they are going to water things down again because everyone complains. Without a toggle feature, you are always going win and us occult simmers always lose out which means more work for us to add them all in or stuck with mods that break.

I really want to keep the magical realm magical. Hope we will keep it as it is.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    It hasn't even been out for 6 hours and the no gameplay from the gamepack herd are already at it? Do you really enjoy ruining things on a daily basis or just here? THEY DON'T TOGGLE! All they do is NERF! Aliens nerfed, vampires nerfed, weather nerfed, autonomous woohoo nerfed. I don't pay for stuff I pay for gameplay. If you don't want the gameplay why not wait for someone to make cc and let us enjoy the magic gameplay in the freaking MAGIC PACK!
    why would they nerf something? This isn't an mmo...? @Pamtastic72

Do you have any idea what they've nerfed/changed/toned down/gotten rid of since the beginning of the series and what they've sold to us?

True. I remember being told about there being a certain skill shown in a trailer and that they removed it before launch even because people complained. This the reason why so many things end up getting left out, watered down or nerfed.

It is a problem as it means many of who want these things or want it to go back to like Sims 1 and 2 can't get it or have be nerfed if we do. It's a lose lose for us. I don't want mods as they often cause problems but sometimes I have no choice if it means getting some features and randomness back. They won't even give us a story progression because some people don't want it (they could create a toggle feature for them which would be a good compromise).

Seasons was a challenge at first for example and now hardly anyone freezes to death.
    edited September 2019

I really want to keep the magical realm magical. Hope we will keep it as it is.

I want to whole world magical. We can't even live in the realm, so that is not good enough for me. If we could of lived there, I would be more likely to agree as it can similar to Island Living or San Myshuno; but there is no option like that.
  • tmcevoy1121tmcevoy1121 Posts: 304 Member
    I don't want magic restricted in the magic realm. They need to be out in the world. Really, if you want to be realistic magic would not be restricted to one area . I don't understand people who stomp their feet and demand that (aliens, vampires and spellcasters) be restricted because it would interrupt their game play but what about those of us that expected that to happened but then again those are the ones that think they have to have it their way and who cares about anyone else. If I didn't want them in my play then I wouldn't buy them I sure in the world wouldn't have a fit and demand them to be restricted because I think my play is more important than the ones that actually want to play the way it should have been.
    A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing
    Luckly we can edit the game files, it wasn't so easy to remove features from skyrim without causing the game to crash. I'm happy I modded that out of my game, if someone wants premades to be turned, don't install the mod, this way everyone's happy and no gameplay is ruined.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    why would they nerf something? This isn't an mmo...? @Pamtastic72

Do you have any idea what they've nerfed/changed/toned down/gotten rid of since the beginning of the series and what they've sold to us?

True. I remember being told about there being a certain skill shown in a trailer and that they removed it before launch even because people complained. This the reason why so many things end up getting left out, watered down or nerfed.

It is a problem as it means many of who want these things or want it to go back to like Sims 1 and 2 can't get it or have be nerfed if we do. It's a lose lose for us. I don't want mods as they often cause problems but sometimes I have no choice if it means getting some features and randomness back. They won't even give us a story progression because some people don't want it (they could create a toggle feature for them which would be a good compromise).

Seasons was a challenge at first for example and now hardly anyone freezes to death.

The seasons thing was a bug. It was pretty silly to see sims out jogging in shorts in a blizzard. I had five townie sims die within minutes of each other. I’m not against deviant, random game play at all- but that was just dumb. Coincidentally I played at the weekend and had one townie die during yoga outside and one vampire break in. I don’t agree features should be nerfed but the seasons thing was a bug not a feature. Every Tom, daisy and Harry becoming magical could be a bug, I don’t know.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Let's not turn on each other, everyone is having a blast playing, I know I am! Thoroughly worth the wait and we are all on a high. Occults never annoyed me in my other saves at all, as I am telling a story and I pick what aspects go into that story and I become focused, it doesn't bother me at all, I never really play the premades anyway, but for those that do, and play on rotation, thank you @SiliClone for making your mod, that makes everyone happy!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Let's not turn on each other, everyone is having a blast playing, I know I am! Thoroughly worth the wait and we are all on a high. Occults never annoyed me in my other saves at all, as I am telling a story and I pick what aspects go into that story and I become focused, it doesn't bother me at all, I never really play the premades anyway, but for those that do, and play on rotation, thank you @SiliClone for making your mod, that makes everyone happy!!

I am just worried because they might change things once again and not for the better for everyone as this is not the first time it happened. This is why they really should of had a toggle feature so we can keep as is and they can turn it off.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I'm also having a blast playing here. I have Islander premades showing up and becoming spellcasters... I'm in my Stardew save and those sim haven't been to Sulani or really know any residents yet so I guess the game pulled them in. I'm not worried about it... if I don't want them to be spellcasters later I'll just replace them.... I haven't played with them yet anyway.
    There's always more than one way to skin a .. hmm.. to do things.
    egTcBMc.png

I am just worried because they might change things once again and not for the better for everyone as this is not the first time it happened. This is why they really should of had a toggle feature so we can keep as is and they can turn it off.

I think a mod can be done also to revert any change they may make.

I hope not, I think it's just finding the balance and it's all new, so I understand some people being worried, but as @Hermitgirl said, there is always a way ... to do things lol, without, jumping the gun and changing the game, it's only been out a short while. Knowledge is power and I'm sure that with everyone's input, there will be ways to control things :)

I'm absolutely loving it, I havent been back to the real world, I'm still exploring!!! It is a shame you cannot live there lol but with my All needs potions I'm staying as long as I can
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,717 Member
    edited September 2019
    Strange that they did it this way, I like to edit my sims because the situational outfits are always bad. Now I can't do that because they end up on existing sims who were not spellcasters before.

Here is a random sim that I edited in CAS a while ago. The outfit to the left is the one I gave her.

The game spawned her as a spellcaster and gave her the situational outfit to the right.

q6us6W7.jpg

• ceinwynieceinwynie Posts: 162 Member
    I love supernatural sims and I love things to happen autonomously, I loved when I was playing ts1 and the sound of the burglar appears, I love when a sim of mine dies unexpectedly, I don’t like to control everything but some people nowadays want to be able to control every single aspect of the game, I understand and respect their opinion, but why can’t they see that a lot of people don’t mind surprises? I see people getting mad because a sim got abducted and ruined their story, But this kind of surprises makes me so happy. I hope someday the devs will find a way to make everyone happy but let’s be honest, even if we have some kind of mechanic to fix this, people won’t be totally satisfied
    SiliClone wrote: »

I think a mod can be done also to revert any change they may make.

I don't want mods, I want features that I paid for. Mods break and mess up my game.
  • andriandri Posts: 16 Member
    I like randomness and I like playing The sims. I don’t really mind if random townie become occult or my sim get abducted by alien when I don’t want it to happen. If there is a people out there who don’t like it to happen, getting an option in the setting menu will become necessary for that people. Make it become less random is something make me bored easily
    Yes, I want them to create a option but not make things less random, they even said that they took burglars because people didn’t like the surprise.
    ceinwynie wrote: »
    Yes, I want them to create a option but not make things less random, they even said that they took burglars because people didn’t like the surprise.

We had burglars? In Sims 4?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    No, in the other games but they said that they didn’t include them in ts4 because people didn’t like the surprise