March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ABNORMALITY- SEASON 5!!! (EPISODE 27: SEASON FINALE IS UP NOW!!!) SIMS 4 INTERACTIVE REALITY SHOW

Comments

• Tigerblu11Tigerblu11 Posts: 3,920 Member
    Triceratops!!!!

I’m loving the contestants this season, we’ve got some real interesting ones. I can’t wait for all the oldies to start bickering with each other, if that’s how it’s gonna be.

I hope you all come to love my cute dinosaur :)
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Ayyy I love this!
    I really want Griffin, Brandon, and Stewart to become bros. I think that’d be fun XD
    Also we love Jane Eyre in this House :)

Wait, there was a Jane Eyre-inspired character? I must've missed that

Jane Eyre is somewhere in my top 5 books :smiley:

Not so much Jane Eyre-inspired but Charlotte is a lover of the genre you could say, her character is littered with references.
    Christmas_Banner.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Ayyy I love this!
    I really want Griffin, Brandon, and Stewart to become bros. I think that’d be fun XD

Not so much Jane Eyre-inspired but Charlotte is a lover of the genre you could say, her character is littered with references.

I mean, just her name alone is already one. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    Tigerblu11 wrote: »
    Triceratops!!!!

I’m loving the contestants this season, we’ve got some real interesting ones. I can’t wait for all the oldies to start bickering with each other, if that’s how it’s gonna be.

I love her already XD she’s great!
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    Ayyy I love this!

I mean, just her name alone is already one. :D

I thought of Bronte first, rather than Jane Eyre. But they're basically the same era.
    image.png
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    I love the fact it start with Triceratops, already off to a wacky start haha.

Oh boy! Okay, it's gonna take some time to remember all these names! And who made them! But at least we only got 12, sometimes there's more like 14 or 16 or in Jetset's current season's case: 20 billion :lol:

"Formerly known as Turnersims3" lmao I don't know why but it's funny you've added that detail.

I'm not sure I have any favorites yet... Gotta wait to see how they all interact. The beginning of the season is always so exciting cuz it's a clean slate and the possibilities are literally endless!!

What comes next, the house tour or the first challenge? :o
  • TurnerTurner Posts: 10,743 Member
    HayloHusky wrote: »
    Triceratops!!!!

Yeah, she seems cool! And I like how she goes by Trix as a nickname. It's just a very cute small detail. :)

I really like gimmicky characters, they're easier to remember. It's no coincidence that Trix and the Chef are the two I remember most. :p
  • M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,714 Member
    Turner wrote: »
    Triceratops!!!!

Yeah, she seems cool! And I like how she goes by Trix as a nickname. It's just a very cute small detail. :)

I really like gimmicky characters, they're easier to remember. It's no coincidence that Trix and the Chef are the two I remember most. :p

I'd consider Amar to be a gimmicky character as well. ;)
    Banner.png
    Triceratops!!!!

See, I would have used Cera as a nickname over Trix. I know that Tri is the start of the name and usually nicknames come from that, but I feel like Cera could’ve been a much more dominate part of the name to pick up as a nickname XD

At least we have something to call her that isn’t as long as typing out triceratops every time XD hehehee
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,209 Member
    Triceratops!!!!

See, I would have used Cera as a nickname over Trix. I know that Tri is the start of the name and usually nicknames come from that, but I feel like Cera could’ve been a much more dominate part of the name to pick up as a nickname XD

At least we have something to call her that isn’t as long as typing out triceratops every time XD hehehee

I agree, though Cera is also the name of the character from Land of the Lost, so maybe that's why it wasn't chosen?
    image.png
  • Smarties100Smarties100 Posts: 1,005 Member
    I am liking all the love for the cast this season guys! :) I think we're gonna be in for a very colourful season for sure :D

I'll be releasing the first HOH challenge soon, I hope you've been making your alliances ;)

STAY TUNED!!!
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,714 Member
    Awesome!!!
    Yaay! 🦊🦊
    Banner.png
    edited September 2019
    FIRST HOH CHALLENGE: WORTH THE RISK?

Hello Housemates! Welcome to Abnormality, today we start our very first HOH challenge. Now, we all know you have to take chances if you want to get far in this game... Well, it's time to risk it all to win big! Yes, it's the first challenge and you've been in the house... 3 hours if that? But if you want the power, you need to pull out all the stops.

MIDDLE.jpg

In front of you are 10 punishments, they are all ranked in a ladder formation. The punishments range from minuscule punishments to major punishments that could affect your game.

I bet you're thinking, Even... why on earth would we put our own games on the line to gain the power? And that is a good question... unfortunately I'm not going to answer it!

You must decide whether you want to suffer the punishments set out below- in order to win, the person who takes on the most punishments will gain power that week. To do this, you must accept the amount of punishments you want from 1 - 10, however the higher the number of punishments you choose to take, the harder your game will be in the long run.

The punishments are set out in a ladder format, ranging from 1 (minuscule punishments) to 10 (major punishments) as can be seen below. In order to select the amount of punishments you want from the list, please state your number in your response emails. In choosing a higher number though, you are automatically accepting all other punishments prior to that number. Please see below an example of how the game can be played:

PLAYER 1: Chooses 6 punishments
    PLAYER 2: Chooses 7 punishments

In this example, Player 2 wins the HOH challenge but must take on all 7 punishments (1-7). If Player 1 had decided to take 8 punishments instead of 6, then Player 1 would have won but ultimately taken the first 8 punishments.

LADDER%2B2.jpg
    LADDER%2B1.jpg

The punishments are listed here:

1: -5% CHALLENGE DISADVANTAGE
    2: -10% CHALLENGE DISADVANTAGE
    3: -20% CHALLENGE DISADVANTAGE
    4: -50% CHALLENGE DISADVANTAGE
    5: CHALLENGE BLOCK- Blocked from competing in the next eligible challenge
    6: CHALLENGE BLOCK X3- Blocked from competing in the next 3x eligible challenges
    7: CHALLENGE CANCELLATION- Blocked from competing in any eligible challenge for the rest of the season
    8: NO VOTE, NO TWIST- All eviction votes are cancelled for this housemate and they will not receive the season’s advantage twist for ‘abstaining’.
    9: SUSPENDED NOMINATION- Will be nominated automatically for the next eviction. (3 person eviction)
    10: KILLER NOMINATION- Will be nominated automatically for ALL upcoming evictions. (3 person eviction)

*If you decide to choose a nomination punishment and win HOH, then you will be nominated as an extra housemate at the eviction ceremonies. You will be able to save yourself but no one will be put up as a replacement as you are an extra nominee.

The winner will be the only one to suffer the punishments, anyone else who failed to bet higher will be spared.

Good luck and may the evens be ever in your favour!!!

If you have any questions about the challenge please don't hesitate to ask. There's a lot of text here so I can understand if it is a lot to take in

PLEASE CAN YOU ALSO FILL IN THE FORM BELOW AND SUBMIT THIS WITH YOUR SUBMISSION:

IF I WIN HOH, I WOULD LIKE TO NOMINATE _________ AND __________ BECAUSE ______________________________________.

The deadline for this challenge will be Thursday 19th September.

:):):):):)

@Turner @ninjakid150 @YJB19299 @twiddle3 @M13Vulpecula @WinteryGarnet @HayloHusky @kittymeow @Alleenmens
    @SimTresa @lillibattenberg @Tigerblu11
    Oof... What a challenge straight off the bat. Good luck everyone XD
    Lol. If I had joined, I would've gone out in a blaze of glory by choosing 10 and getting myself evicted the next round :joy:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Welp, there goes my chance of repeating the Winning HoH Because Everyone Is Ineligible As Punishment-feat. :sweat_smile:
    Banner.png
    Lol. If I had joined, I would've gone out in a blaze of glory by choosing 10 and getting myself evicted the next round :joy:

What if multiple people do that though? Will there be a tie-breaker? And if there'll be a tie-breaker and you lose, will you still keep your punishments or lose it?

@Smarties100
    Banner.png

I was thinking of going for a ridiculously high number XD You know, just for shock and funsies... But Janelle wouldn't do that, and that's why I'm not XD Gotta keep her happy or she'll go nuts on me :P

What if multiple people do that though? Will there be a tie-breaker? And if there'll be a tie-breaker and you lose, will you still keep your punishments or lose it?

@Smarties100

If multiple people do that we will go to a tie-breaker, the person who wins the tie-breaker will still have to follow through with the punishments but the losers are punishment free.

I was thinking of going for a ridiculously high number XD You know, just for shock and funsies... But Janelle wouldn't do that, and that's why I'm not XD Gotta keep her happy or she'll go nuts on me :P

Janelle: The Watcher has gone crazy :rage:

• kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    No gracias. :|

Jin does not like this challenge

Nice wordplay by the way. ;)
    Banner.png

Nice wordplay by the way. ;)

Thank you :P
    7: CHALLENGE CANCELLATION- Blocked from competing in any eligible challenge for the rest of the season
    8: NO VOTE, NO TWIST- All eviction votes are cancelled for this housemate and they will not receive the season’s advantage twist for ‘abstaining’.

Does punishment 7 extend to the battle round challenge?

And does punishment 8 extend to eventual jury voting?
    Banner.png