Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ghosts and vendors in ROM

I do not like ghosts, nor do I like playing with them at all. I have a mod that deletes ghosts. With that said, I have noticed the vendors in Realm of Magic are ghosts. Will I break the game or not have vendors if I deleted the ghosts?

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I'm not sure, but what I do when I'm not sure about something that I need to find out, I will start up a test save. This can either be a new game save or a copy of the one you are currently playing. By making a copy if something not good happens your actual save is still safe. When I was watching the live stream, I think I heard something about those vendors are not a ghost but a projection of the living sim.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'm not sure how that works but they're not ghosts, they're "astral projections" of regular neighborhood vendors.
    My guess is these stalls apply a temp ghost state. But they're not ghost ghosts, they're the same sims you see in San Myshuno.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I'm not sure how that works but they're not ghosts, they're "astral projections" of regular neighborhood vendors.
    My guess is these stalls apply a temp ghost state. But they're not ghost ghosts, they're the same sims you see in San Myshuno.

That was the word I was trying to think of - astral projections. Thank you. :)
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    interesting. thanks!
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    it's odd if to living those, those place is not idea to live with all those building and stuff are damaged and not good place to live there. All stuff is floating in space. But yes, it's could be not a ghost, but will mod that delete ghost mess up game even thought they are should astral projections, and not ghost.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    so, i just checked on this and despite appearances, the vendors are not ghosts, but actual living sims

my spencer hastings sim, who has been a stall vendor since city living and two sulani brothers who have been vendors since island living are all vendors in the magic realm for me currently. when looking at their hidden traits with the mod i use just for that, all three have a new temporary hidden trait "trait_Magic_Marketstall_SpectralLook" that goes away when they're vendors in the other worlds