Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’m at 82.5k.....have key items in place in all rooms but no decor in 3 bathrooms, the hallway or the kitchen. Busy hunting for anything that can be vaguely swapped for debug and walls that I can do without haha 😂
    This is fun!
    Post edited by AliSim19 on
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    edited September 2019

BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #12: The Smell of Tea and Nutbread

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/11776370D28811E98BDB1EC7164F8428?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=ATalea123O&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Cafe BnS127
    BUILD COST: 84,774

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134740023@N04/albums/72157710757549941/with/48701823101/

DETAILS: This is my second attempt for this challenge. I originally started out doing a late medieval build in Windenburg, but that one just didn't have enough space for all the rooms we are supposed to include... So this modern build in San Mioshino (pretty sure I spelled that wrong) was my second attemped. I actually love how it turned ot, even if it was a bit difficult to fit all of the apartment in just one floor the same size as the cafe. I hope it is ok that I made an inside hallwaz for the apartment staircase - tried to put it on the outside of the build and regardless of where I put it it just looked somehow wrong.
    Note: I changed the stove in the kitchen (it is still blue in the pictures, instead of the white one I actually used)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    48701917631_b90c4a4705_b.jpg
    48701581668_d6b50bd4ab_b.jpg
    Post edited by Talea12345 on
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member

> CHALLENGE #127: The Smell of Tea and Nutbread

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    ROOM: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/4A38A7B2D2A311E98BFA3A1BE21D5EF6?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=ATalea123O&sortby=newest&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Bathroom BnS127
    BUILD COST: 8,385

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134740023@N04/albums/72157710760650541/with/48703123202/

DETAILS: This is the bathroom I designed for the room challenge. I used one of the rooms I originally had in the museum build as a rough outline.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    48703088016_7561240c19_b.jpg
    48703255262_64fc4eec1c_b.jpg
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    edited September 2019
    FORUM ID:Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID:Wendyology
    LEVEL: Starting out
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Mint Tea House (Mint Tea Cafe is also available and identical except for the zoning.)
    NEW LOT LINK :https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/58EDEE41D33011E98F3E2494C5C427A6
    LOT COST: 9000 - the Old Salt House lot.
    GALLERY COST: 84,743
    TOTAL COST: 93,743

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/zTBir7U

ENTRY DETAILS: Rise and shine! This quirky boho-chic cafe is ready to pour all your favorite blends, paired with the best fresh pastries in San Myshuno. Above the tea shop is an apartment that's perfect for a young family with infants and a toddler. Although it's new construction, the architect used reclaimed materials to better blend in with the neighborhood.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure - this one was a challenge.

The riverfront seating area.
    I3gddFg.png

The fun and quirky cafe.
    mzrZcQN.png
    Post edited by wendyology on
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited September 2019
    @Talea12345: I love the futuristic cars! I was wondering how you were getting cars so far up from the street! Great job!

@Wendyology: I love had you made the place look like two different buildings combined into one. I also love the little girl's room! Great job!
    iampes23 wrote: »
    The budget for this one is extra tight! I am getting very close to the end of it and still have the bathrooms and bedrooms to do. Has anyone else made the $85,000 budget? Or is everyone going over?

In order to stay in the budget I'm building on a small lot but I've run out of space. No way I can make a 3rd bedroom or an additional half bath. I enjoy a challenge but this one might be beyond my skills.

Don't give in! Maybe add another floor or attic room? :D You have got this!
  • xovaleexovalee Posts: 273 Member
    edited September 2019
    Well I tried to link to my slideshow but for the life of me I can't figure it out.
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    @iampes23 Thanks! I feel like I designed something that fits better into the neighborhood than The Old Salt House. There are a lot of old brownstones and also warehouses, the lot next door is a similar combo.

Here's my entry for the Washington family.
    FORUM ID:Wendyology
    ORIGIN ID:Wendyology
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/70185D22D34811E9823D5F3B037E5F47
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/ejnj0K2
    ENTRY DETAILS: They love food and family, so living above their tea shop is a dream come true. I wanted them to be a fun and happy young couple with the energy to start their business while raising a family. I realized after I finished working on them that Shirley kind of looks like the young, short haired Kelly Rowland in her Destiny's Child era. I'm here for it.

Jerome - Super parent aspiration. Foodie, Outgoing, Family Oriented
    Shirley - Master Chef aspiration. Foodie, Cheerful, Creative
    Sandra - An independent toddler.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure, I'm not usually a CAS person.

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Family time
    E7H7kdI.png

Grown up relaxing time
    LzXPRie.png
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    bhaXpM1.png
    Attention EXPERT Entrants for #BnS124 - Solving the Seniors Situation

Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png

fcuRqPI.png
    Attention STARTING OUT Entrants for #BnS125 - The Chalet Getaway

3gHHX7s.png

HVCdrRO.png
    Attention ESTABLISHED Entrants for #BnS125 - The Chalet Getaway

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    edited September 2019

Tea For 2 & 2 For Me

CHALLENGE #127 - The Smell of Tea & Nutbread

FORUM ID: Taoron24121

ORIGIN ID: Taoron

LEVEL: Your Call

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: (Which lot did you build on?) Preeminent Domain: Magnolia Prominade

NEW LOT LINK: HERE!

LOT COST: (what is the cost of the lot you built on?) N/A

GALLERY COST: $84,958

TOTAL COST: $84,958

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/rW7ipOm

ENTRY DETAILS:
    'Tea For 2 & Two for Me' is a silly play on the song, as there are 2 tops for seating and the couple is expecting Twins.

This was my second build for this entry. Tough build, for the budget, but a great challenge. I ended up building a modern style building but tried to keep some of the same elements of the building materials used in the neighborhood. The 1st floor is the Tea Shop with Tea based items for sale, as well as Baker's Display's for the tasty Treats the wife will be making. I also included a Gift Shop type of Area with Hand Crafted Cards, Clay Pottery Tea items, as well as Loose 'Leaf' Tea Bins and bagged selections. There is also a Kitchen with Tea Brewing Machines and counter space for making Baked good, as well as the Appliances to be able to do so and a clean up station, for all of those dirty dishes.

The 2nd and 3rd floor are the Living Loft with the 2nd floor having entry from the Store and also from the side, exterior stairs from the back side of the building. The 2nd floor houses the Kitchen and dining areas, as well as the Children's Rooms and the Half Bath. The 3rd Floor holds the Family Room, Master bed and Bath, a small Office and a spare room to be be used as the couple see's fit.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

0wITUBo.png
    vnw58oE.png

• matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    1st time participating and I really don't know how to use the forum. I'm so sorry.

FORUM ID: matchmakerpt
    ORIGIN ID: matchmakerpt
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshund's Creek (Brindleton Bay)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/pt-pt/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E060AC73D3C911E9808B3A1BE21D5EF6

GALLERY COST: 84,752 simoleons

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/JgNYT7V

ENTRY DETAILS:
    It's the first build ever trying to stay within a budget, and it's soooo hard! So sorry for the lack of deco then.
    It's a two floor modern building that tries to incorporate the surrounding nature.
    The ground floor is where the tea house / coffee shop is located. You can find a standard table, or curl up on one of our sofa tables and read a book and enjoy your tea, while smelling the latest batch of freshly backed cupcakes, coming from the baking area.
    On sunny days (not many in Brindleton Bay), you can enjoy the pond view or warm yourself by the bonfire at the outside terrace.
    Top floor is the main (and private) living area. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 service toilet, a kitchen and a living room, topped by a wonderfull glass sky light.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Very welcome.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/sIyKNrQ.png[/img]
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/I7YwMNI.png[/img]
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    I approve of your baby sleep solution @Taoron ripping off the hospital bassinets is a step up to having your babies sleep on the floorboards😉 very nice modern build with a two floor apartment.
    I approve of your baby sleep solution @Taoron ripping off the hospital bassinets is a step up to having your babies sleep on the floorboards😉 very nice modern build with a two floor apartment.

HAHAHA! I spent a lot of time in the DEBUG area and found things I could use for free, so that I could add more things I needed. There are home bassinets too, that I originally placed, but, for some reason, I kinda liked the Hospital ones, to start with, and YES, much better than the floor or a cardboard box. LOL Thank you.
    I love the outside structural idea behind your build @matchmaker Very visually striking and outside of the norm. Very cool concept.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited September 2019
    Welcome tothe forum and this challenge, @matchmaker! Don't be afraid to ask questions, but I'm sure you'll catch on quickly.
    Unfortunately, you can't post links or pictures yet. If you add a space like this h ttps://www.link.com then someone can edit them for you to make them work. As I've just done for you by quoting your post.
    matchmaker wrote: »
    1st time participating and I really don't know how to use the forum. I'm so sorry.

FORUM ID: matchmakerpt
    ORIGIN ID: matchmakerpt
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshund's Creek (Brindleton Bay)
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/pt-pt/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E060AC73D3C911E9808B3A1BE21D5EF6

GALLERY COST: 84,752 simoleons

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/JgNYT7V

ENTRY DETAILS:
    It's the first build ever trying to stay within a budget, and it's soooo hard! So sorry for the lack of deco then.
    It's a two floor modern building that tries to incorporate the surrounding nature.
    The ground floor is where the tea house / coffee shop is located. You can find a standard table, or curl up on one of our sofa tables and read a book and enjoy your tea, while smelling the latest batch of freshly backed cupcakes, coming from the baking area.
    On sunny days (not many in Brindleton Bay), you can enjoy the pond view or warm yourself by the bonfire at the outside terrace.
    Top floor is the main (and private) living area. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 service toilet, a kitchen and a living room, topped by a wonderfull glass sky light.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Very welcome.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: no CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    sIyKNrQ.png
    I7YwMNI.png

image.png
  • matchmakermatchmaker Posts: 15 Member
    Thank you so much! I'm still trying to get the hang of things. :) I play The Sims since the first one came out, but I've never been very active in the comunity, so to speak. I'll try to read more on it too. Thanks for your help. =)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    matchmaker wrote: »
    Thank you so much! I'm still trying to get the hang of things. :) I play The Sims since the first one came out, but I've never been very active in the comunity, so to speak. I'll try to read more on it too. Thanks for your help. =)

You're welcome! I played for years before joining the community myself. It's a great place once you get used to it and find what interests you.
    image.png
    Well, I had the family and shop all done, but I mislabeled the shop. So that is not working. On to another build . :smiley:
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    Is it okay is I don't use any of the Get to Work items? I don't own it, so it needs to be marked as a living lot and I can't use a cashier.
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    familysims wrote: »
    Is it okay is I don't use any of the Get to Work items? I don't own it, so it needs to be marked as a living lot and I can't use a cashier.

You can use whatever items you wish :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    masajo wrote: »
    familysims wrote: »

You can use whatever items you wish :)

Great!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Just make sure you use something that resembles a cash register @familysims (perhaps computer?) :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    masajo wrote: »
    Just make sure you use something that resembles a cash register @familysims (perhaps computer?) :)

Ok!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Apologies for the late announcement! This should have been done earlier as it's been brought up by the judges more than once behind the scenes... @HIGHER_DESIGN (previously Mac_Design), the judges agree that you should enter the Expert category moving forward! Congrats :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited September 2019
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: psykt
    ORIGIN ID: saramonster
    LEVEL: Unsure
    HOUSEHOLD: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A1ADADA3D67D11E9839FFEC1E351F12F?
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/gallery/24aFrMm
    ENTRY DETAILS:
    Shirley Washington: Her traits are family oriented, foodie and cheerful. Shirley sees the best in everyone, and is always in a good mood. Her love for baking comes from her grandmother who also was a baker. She doesn't only love baking though, she also enjoys cooking family dinners. She also loves eating the food she makes, which is why she is a total foodie. She loves her family, and can't wait to expand it. Her biggest dream (aspiration) is to have a big happy family! Since she is pregnant, the clothes she wears have to be comfy for her to even bother walking out the house, but she still loves looking feminine and polished.
    Jerome Washington: His traits are ambitious, creative and outgoing. Jerome went from one job to another, he has great ambitions which influences his decisions. He's a hard worker, and want to create a family business that can be his family's legacy. He constantly finds new solutions when something doesn't work, like his decision to open a café when he lost his job at the factory. He's also outgoing, and has no problem with talking to just about anyone. This will come in handy starting the family business. His life goal (aspiration) is to be a super parent, he loves his family and want to be the best possible father for his kids. Jerome doesn't really care what he wears, it's mostly Shirley buying his clothes, and he really appreciates that.
    Lilah Washington: Her trait is silly. She is still so little, but she loves having a laugh and making her parents laugh. She smiles a lot. Her favorite color is pink, and Shirley loves to dress her up in cute, girly clothes.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None used
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    3cI3dTW.jpg

NB! I hope I did this right??
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top