Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

It's release day... why can't I buy Realm of Magic?

It's September 10th, and I can't buy Realm of Magic. Usually Sims add-on content is accessible after 8am Pacific time, but there is no option to purchase this game pack! Am I missing something?

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Anyone know what time this will release? I’m in the UK so trying to work it out.

—T
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    To7m wrote: »
    Anyone know what time this will release? I’m in the UK so trying to work it out.

—T
    I’m in the UK too.

According to the Sims Community:

Game packs become available and listed on the Origin store at around 9:30AM PT / 18:30 CET / 17:30 BT.

So I guess we have to wait until 5:30pm tomorrow :(
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2019

—T

Should be 6pm UK time.

ETA: okay, 6pm-ish (thanks for the correct info @MaggieMarley )
    Post edited by SimmyFroggy on
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

—T
    I’m in the UK too.

Game packs become available and listed on the Origin store at around 9:30AM PT / 18:30 CET / 17:30 BT.

Thanks, I was also wondering this (in the UK). I had been hoping for 12am our own times (like most other DLC games out there) but I guess I kind of knew it wouldn't be like that and being that much further from PST that we would have to wait longer. Guess it still isn't as back as the Australians and New Zealanders that probably won't get it until the 11th.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Are you joking? What???? Lol

That’s so ridiculous. Thanks though!

—T
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Camkat wrote: »

—T
    I’m in the UK too.

Thanks, I was also wondering this (in the UK). I had been hoping for 12am our own times (like most other DLC games out there) but I guess I kind of knew it wouldn't be like that and being that much further from PST that we would have to wait longer. Guess it still isn't as back as the Australians and New Zealanders that probably won't get it until the 11th.

GPs never release at midnight unfortunately. EPs only. For the UK around 5.30-6 pm should be correct. :)
  • EjemimaEjemima Posts: 2 New Member
    Aw man! And I'm one hour ahead in Denmark so have to wait until, what 7pm? But I remember getting Paradise Island at midnight... That might have been because I preordered it in Origin though... Don't know if that would have made a difference...
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Ejemima wrote: »
    Aw man! And I'm one hour ahead in Denmark so have to wait until, what 7pm? But I remember getting Paradise Island at midnight... That might have been because I preordered it in Origin though... Don't know if that would have made a difference...

@Ejemima That's because that was an EP and RoM is a game pack so doesn't come out at midnight
  • Catwho30Catwho30 Posts: 124 Member
    I'm not finding a download for this new game pack. Is there a certain time on the 9th its supposed to be released? Ive tried to log out of origin and come back in to find it like the last pack but nothing showed.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    I got a feeling anywhere 8am to 2pm in midwest of American on 9-10, I had not see somewhere said it's come out 9th, but only 10th for pc.
  • Catwho30Catwho30 Posts: 124 Member
    Sorry I meant the 10th. I had wondered if it would show up at midnight like a lot of them do. thanks for the times.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    I could be wrong, but those was my experience with EA orign, but it's up and down or they changed mind, depend on who people control over this game upload to internet.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    According to the Sims Commumity website the pack will be released around 9:30-10:00 pacific time.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Hello Fellow Simmers!
    Does anyone know what time we can start downloading from Origin? I've been checking off and on since around 2:30 AM eastern time. I have to leave for work soon and hoped I could get a game started!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    9 30am pacific 12 30pm eastern.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    windweaver wrote: »

That count is broken it releases in 2 hours
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Seriously! I've been waiting and waiting... is it out yet? I can't find it on origin and the countdown page from simscommunity isn't loading for me. Let me know I'm not alone please! :'(
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,307 Member
    edited September 2019
    10am PST.

ETA: I'm also seeing reports that it will release at 9:30am PST, which would be a departure from past releases, but hey...the earlier the better.
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I believe it comes out at a certain time <3
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    The release time for this pack is either 9:30 or 10am PT (unsure which, I'm in a different timezone), so there's a little longer to wait with this one.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Only 5 more minutes to worldwide release —Gamepacks are different than Expansion packs.
  • SkidoodilybopSkidoodilybop Posts: 123 Member
    Oh! Thanks! I didn't see a specific release time posted anywhere on the site, or in forums. I guess I'll just wait until the option to purchase is available to find out when that is...