Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Group/Family Portraits and poses

2...Next

Comments

• ModifienModifien Posts: 363 Member
    Yes, this would be great. I'd also love the ability to toggle through poses. It's awful taking 400 pictures, just trying to get that one pose you wanted. Or pose that works for what you want it for. There are no romantic poses for couples, for example. At least, not that I've found yet.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Does it help when taking a family portrait, to turn autonomy off or does it matter?

Ha, ha, last night I spent an entire Sim morning/about an hour RL getting a Christmas photo/portrait of the six family members in my Goth/Pancakes household. (The GTW Photo backdrop has a maximum of 2. That doesn't constitute a group imo.)

I posed them like @EmmaVane did, with the chairs higher in the back and smushed up together. They still would sit OK. Yes, I did have autonomy off. With it on, they kept jumping up. With it on, it was better. I hit upon the idea of placing a TV on the wall right behind the roommate who was taking the picture, and having them all watch the Comedy Channel. This was after about 20 tries or so with some them looking off to the side, down, eyes closed, weird expressions, etc. I finally got a great one, comparatively. It looked a lot like Emma's. It was in the park with the Winter Mod. They were all wearing white sweaters. :)

But then I didn't save, went off to do something, returned to find...The Sims 4 stopped working, lol. At least I can start over and put the TV in right away, saving myself some time. I'll try to post a pic of the portrait when I get it redone. :#
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    What we need is an npc photographer or the option to ask sims to take our sims pictures like we had in TS2 Bon Voyage. It would also help if we had several poses we could choose from like TS2 BV let you do.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @"Livin in Sim" Reading that pretty much reminds me of trying to get IRL pictures of my little cousins and their families. If the kids won't sit still, the parents are there trying to get them to XD Luckily the families I have on the game only have about 4 in each one, although there is a 5th one on the way for one of them so by the time I can post pics, it'll be 5 and four...unless someone gets abducted...again. ._.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I would love to have this in my game!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Yes please. Group pictures with more than two and mixed ages. That would make me very happy :smile:
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Yes we really need this. I don't understand why they limited it to two sims only (and so that children can't take pictures with the other life stages.)
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    Dear @SimGuruDrake
    Please pass this message to all the gurus. We would love to have poses in the game and group photos. It will also be nice if the screenshots can be turned into photos that can be hanged on the walls.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    For family photos, I would LOVE to see the system that was in place for TS2. I just LOVED having family photos on the walls, and graduating class portraits at Uni. I also want to see a lot of filter options and size options. It would be nice to have a small framed family photo on a desk and it would also be awesome to have a huge family portrait above a fireplace or in a multistory entry. And LOTS of different poses. :)
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    edited November 2015
    Family and group pictures are a much needed ability in this game. Sure, you can add a Photographer to your household and have them take these pictures, but then you'd need something like Pose Player to set them all up, and even then it'd be difficult with a large group.

It'd be much easier to just be able to hang photos around in-game by taking screenshots. We can add them to Memories, so why not be able to add them as real photos for our homes, too?

I also miss the feature in TS3, where you could sit a frame on a desk, table, shelf, etc. instead of being limited to just hanging them on the walls in TS4.
  • Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Here we go.

Christmas20Portrait_zpstopdhh5m.jpg

I do so agree that it would be awesome if they added a family portrait option to gameplay. Hopefully they'll get around to adding in little features like this.
  • TellexTellex Posts: 583 Member
    Desperately needed 100%!
    35i5blu.png
    My Simblr
    Current family tree

Origin ID: tellekinz
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I'd also like the option to change the type of frame and the colour. I'd also really to put the photos on a surface as well as the wall, like how you could with sims 2 photos.
  • kitangel1kitangel1 Posts: 200 Member
    Yes, yes, yes to group photos. I'd love to see the option for them in game. Even if they didn't do any super fun poses, being able to get that family portrait or club portrait would be amazing.
    Here we go.

Christmas20Portrait_zpstopdhh5m.jpg

I do so agree that it would be awesome if they added a family portrait option to gameplay. Hopefully they'll get around to adding in little features like this.

Thats a good job.
    I hope they add some poses to go with the portraits.
    I want different kind of poses for different kind of portraits. for single sims, couples, groups, families etc
    and some elegant frames to go with them

I know they can do that. Look at these two portraits from Get Together. They are very beautiful and elegant. I hope the least we get the ability to turn our screenshots into pictures that can be hanged on the wall.

22610004993_529d7cd667_o.png~original

Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
    I'd also like the option to change the type of frame and the colour. I'd also really to put the photos on a surface as well as the wall, like how you could with sims 2 photos.

Yes different kind of frames and the ability to put them on surface. definitely
    giphy.gif
  • AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 711 Member
    It'd probably be added when a Generations EP is released. That photobooth as far as I remember came with that expansion pack, or was it Seasons ? I don't remember, but I agree, we need that.
  • jade1234jade1234 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can someone help me out by telling me how to get night time lighting right for my photos? I've tried to engagement photos for my sims- in a flower meadow with candles in a circle, and the pictures look good, apart from the light is really intense on one of my sims' face

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/861973/group-family-portraits-and-poses/p2#