Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are the devs and the marketing team ever gonna stop this recurring problem?

4robqvuqeol31.png?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=066dc1e89a40f26834e968412606bde0fa62c3a5

Full credit to this reddit thread.

Left are the sages in the trailer. Right are the sages in the actual game.

This is, somehow, even worse than what happened with Venessa Jeong's dress in Get Famous.

Listen, I'm trying really hard to give this game credit where it's due and not constantly be a whiny downer. But this kind of thing is really egregious. Who is running the show here? Why aren't these things caught? I honestly don't care what the answer is, these kind of easily avoidable gaffes need to stop being the norm.
Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    What on Earth? The bottom one looks nothing like the original. The girl in the top is also different. *Adds to list of broke things shipping with game*
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I think the marketing people responsible for the trailers often work separate to the team creating pre-mades to ship with the game. The trailer team seems to do their own thing for trailers (including creating animations that never exist in the game) so it will probably always be this way. Shame, the top and bottom sages on the left are much cooler than the ones on the right. Don't see a difference on Morgyn.

What was the problem with the dress in Get Famous?
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    I like left better, guy on left bottom are truely look like wizard sage, sad it's not in game.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    edited September 2019
    What on Earth? The bottom one looks nothing like the original. The girl in the top is also different. *Adds to list of broke things shipping with game*

LMAO! I was just thinking the same thing, lol! He doesn't even have the beard, lol! Please note though, this doesn't change my opinion of the pack. I still think it looks awesome, and I'm pretty excited to open up my wallet later on today when it is released.
    Post edited by rjssim on
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    I think the marketing people responsible for the trailers often work separate to the team creating pre-mades to ship with the game. The trailer team seems to do their own thing for trailers (including creating animations that never exist in the game) so it will probably always be this way. Shame, the top and bottom sages on the left are much cooler than the ones on the right. Don't see a difference on Morgyn.

The dress in-game vs. the dress in renders

UQceBCU.png

And them being different teams shouldn't make this much of a difference if there's any oversight on this stuff. Like someone should be checking this.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    This fake in-game mischief witch looks like she was at least trying to dress up as the real one for Halloween, but the in-game practical magician looks more like a Granite Falls hermit trying to pass off his herbal remedies as magic potions than a respectable sage of actual magic. And why are they using base game hairstyles instead of the ones that came with the pack? Even if the trailer sims were created by different people (and for some reason not shared with the ones who make the sims for the game), you'd think someone would pay attention to that at least. They did a decent job with Morgyn after all.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2019
    Imagine buying Uncharted based on all the cool cinematic trailers and then starting it up and it looks like Pitfall.

This is only slightly less egregious than that.
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    The only one that made it to the game also looks different, his eyebrows are way thinner.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    I also noticed this.

On the one hand, I’m glad that they kept Morgyn the same.

Having said that though, why on earth didn’t they keep the sims on the top left and bottom left too? I prefer them so much to the ones on the top and bottom right who made it into the game.

Presumably they had to make the sims on the left for the trailer... So why didn’t they put them in the game?

Have people tweeted them about it? That could motivate them to fix it before the pack releases. Probably not though :(
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

UQceBCU.png

And them being different teams shouldn't make this much of a difference if there's any oversight on this stuff. Like someone should be checking this.
    Lol this is an Expectation vs Reality meme waiting to happen if I ever saw one :D
    Ivyeyed wrote: »

UQceBCU.png

Lol this is an Expectation vs Reality meme waiting to happen if I ever saw one :D

Dress you ordered on eBay vs dress you actually got :D
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    They do this a lot - use decent looking and acceptably dressed Sims in trailers and screenshots, but in our game we get a randomly generated Sim with a pudding face and weird outfit for the role.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    That second female hair looks just like one from the TS3 Store. Anyone remember?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Morgan wasn't a sage at all in the trailer. The untamed sage was Aine. The trailer shows a past time when Morgan was just becoming a spellcaster. That is why the sages look different, because they are the sages of the present time. The ones in the trailer were sages in a past time.

I do hope all of the past sages end up on the gallery.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Is it a question of different sages and different lighting?
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    SMH...stop with such false adverting...I mean the last one is WAY off the mark SO off the mark.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    Morgan wasn't a sage at all in the trailer. The untamed sage was Aine. The trailer shows a past time when Morgan was just becoming a spellcaster. That is why the sages look different, because they are the sages of the present time. The ones in the trailer were sages in a past time.

There are different Sages (if we're going with Aine being a Sage, which I believe she was in the first trailer) in the gameplay trailer where Morgyn is one of them. The ones in the pack itself have the same outfits but look completely different. It's extra odd because the ones in the trailer have hair from the new pack but the ones we actually get do not.
    SMH...stop with such false adverting...I mean the last one is WAY off the mark SO off the mark.

This last one is that meme you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.
  • KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member

These sages were from the 'gameplay' trailer, though. If you watch it Morgyn is introduced as a sage along with those two, so the first trailer was the past when Morgyn was starting out with magic (you only see the sage who gives him his powers in that trailer) and then when you see all 3 sages together it's in the gameplay trailer (Morgyn included). Unless something happened to the other two and they were replaced!! (In the maxis gameplay stream they said when sages die, get married, etc, they get replaced automatically) However, I really hope they don't use that as an excuse because it's a bit of a lame one. :#
    Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven
  • Bearly_MediaBearly_Media Posts: 124 Member
    *NOT ALL IMAGES APPEAR IN-GAME

I noticed they added this in their most recent trailer. So they are more upfront now.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    KittHaven wrote: »

These sages were from the 'gameplay' trailer, though. If you watch it Morgyn is introduced as a sage along with those two, so the first trailer was the past when Morgyn was starting out with magic (you only see the sage who gives him his powers in that trailer) and then when you see all 3 sages together it's in the gameplay trailer (Morgyn included). Unless something happened to the other two and they were replaced!! (In the maxis gameplay stream they said when sages die, get married, etc, they get replaced automatically) However, I really hope they don't use that as an excuse because it's a bit of a lame one. :#

Must've inherited the outfits then too ;)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't get it? What am I supposed to see with Morgyn? The other two I see, but not Morgyn?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't even know what to say. Because that's beyond embarrassing. Even if they didn't want the characters to look 100 exactly alike, they could at least try to make them look similar. :/
  • KittHavenKittHaven Posts: 87 Member

Must've inherited the outfits then too ;)

Haha, I know! So if they try and say they retired/died or something and were replaced we'll definitely need to point that out! :neutral:

Hello! My name is KittHaven, or Kitt, and I have played the Sims 4 for quite a while. Maybe I'll think of something worthwhile to put here one day...

Origin ID: KittHaven