Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potion of Immortality?

The description for the Potion of Immortality says it prevents death from old age. Does anyone know if this prevents ageing at all? If a young adult Sim takes it, for instance, will they stay at YA, or will they continue ageing and just not die, staying at Elder forever?

Comments

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would prefer it if it freezes aging but I can still use the other one.

Guessing that it doesn’t stop aging, just death at the end of it.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    I want it to freeze aging too. I’ve heard that it probably only stops a sim dying, though :(

ETA: BUT there is a potion of rejuvenation which apparently allows a sim to remain at their current age
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    there's the Rejuvenation potion "A potion to allow a Sim to remain at their current age." I just wonder if that means forever or if it's like that other potion that just sets the clock back to the beginning of an age.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    It's should be freeze of aging like vampires? unless they want make vampire only kind of freeze of age and immortal while Potion of Immortality gave you not die by aging but still age (it's would be decay, not true immortality) for gameplay balance, they might not want vampire become useless.

I hopeful it's replace of Potion of Youth, but I guess not, it's make all Potion of Youth, Cow Plant and Age-Away serum useless while same time you had to keep drinking those, if you want stay young forever, making Potion of Immortality useless unless you want elder forever, that's make vampire seem a tempt to become vampire as vampire had both by stay young and live forever at cost of eating/drinking plasma.

I guess it's all gameplay balance?
    Elders not dying from old age would still be useful in my rotational save. I zip around and make sure that the ones I need for family trees are ok until it is their “death-by-flower-arrangement-day”. Yay!!

If I can just give each sim one potion and then have a “npc-control-spree” then that would save me a lot of work.

Will do some testing soon >:):)
    edited September 2019
    I'm not sure there is undone if they already get potion of immortality, only way to kill sims is delete that sims or cruel way to kill in gameplay by fire or lighting from storm repent, or downing, I'm not sure sims will die by not eating food, I did try that long ago, press fast many week and sims still alive in wall of box with no door, no food in it. I know I'm bad, but want to see how it's work in the game I think, it's been long time.
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    As I understand it, Potion of Immortality is for making elders live forever while continuing getting older.
    While the Rejuvenation Potion freezes age.
    I wonder if there is a way to turn back the effect of these potions. Drinking the cursed potions? BTW, do you realize that there are actually x2 amount of potions in the GP, because the cursed bottles make different effects? And there is a perk that allows cursing potions willingly.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Brinn wrote: »
    As I understand it, Potion of Immortality is for making elders live forever while continuing getting older.

Thank you! Looks like it's the Rejuvenation Potion I'll be spamming for my favourites, then! (Lemons, no problem, valerian root, that's one of the new ones, alabaster... oof.)

Or still same old same, clone it to go faster rather than just create all over again with rejuvenations.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    edited September 2019
    Brinn wrote: »
    I wonder if there is a way to turn back the effect of these potions. Drinking the cursed potions? BTW, do you realize that there are actually x2 amount of potions in the GP, because the cursed bottles make different effects? And there is a perk that allows cursing potions willingly.

I’ve been wondering this as well. How does a sim gain back their mortality if need be?
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    edited September 2019
    Gallay saved before drinking potion of immortality, I think Potion of immortality is permanent, after all it's immortality=permanent livings. I think other way is delete that sims with immortality if player want to get rid of, or kill that sim other than age. Or better yet don't use Potion of immortality lightly
    Gallay saved before drinking potion of immortality, I think Potion of immortality is permanent, after all it's immortality=permanent livings. I think other way is delete that sims with immortality if player want to get rid of, or kill that sim other than age. Or better yet don't use Potion of immortality lightly

It will be interesting to learn the limits to the potion. Is it just old age or fire, exhaustion and drowning too.

Time will tell :smile:
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The description says it prevents death by old age. I assume that means sims can still die of exhaustion etc.
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The description says it prevents death by old age. I assume that means sims can still die of exhaustion etc.

Here's hoping that my flower-arrangements-of-doom still work :#
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Here's hoping that my flower-arrangements-of-doom still work :#

If not, there's always elder exhaustion and Death by Woohoo.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    It really should freeze aging, because the perk to being immortal is living forever, death and decay is impossible. If you age that means you are not immortal.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    It really should freeze aging, because the perk to being immortal is living forever, death and decay is impossible. If you age that means you are not immortal.
    Agreed
  • RobbaldRobbald Posts: 1 New Member
    I did not see a clear, verified reply here so forgive me if this is a repeat, but I confirmed that you continue to age up after consuming a potion of immortality.
  • VyStarlitVyStarlit Posts: 74 Member
    Does the potion still allow a sim to die other ways besides old age?

Also does the rejuvenation potion keep them that age once, or do they have to constantly take it before the end of each cycle like the potion of youth in the aspiration store?
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    VyStarlit wrote: »

Also does the rejuvenation potion keep them that age once, or do they have to constantly take it before the end of each cycle like the potion of youth in the aspiration store?

They continue to age so you'd have to take it again before their next birthday.
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited September 2019
    My Lina's age was reset to the beginning of her young adult life when she drank the potion of rejuvenation, and she has not gained a day on the age bar since. I'll update if it changes, but I'm not seeing the continued aging like some of you are. For me, the potion of rejuvenation appears to have stopped my sim from aging further.

Maybe my sim is bugged?

Edit: Nevermind, it started moving again! I forgot that I changed the lifespans from normal to long, so it takes a lot longer for the aging bar to show any green age progression.
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Actually, immortality without youth is a common trope in fiction. https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AgeWithoutYouth
    edited September 2019
    CelSims wrote: »

So basically it’s just the potion of youth from the rewards store recycled as I predicted. How disappointing. There really should be a potion to freeze aging altogether but that would involve actually making a NEW potion from scratch to do it... Not Maxis’ thing.

So basically it’s just the potion of youth from the rewards store recycled as I predicted. How disappointing. There really should be a potion to freeze aging altogether but that would involve actually making a NEW potion from scratch to do it... Not Maxis’ thing.

No, this is different.

You can take a potion of youth and still die of old age if you run out of it. If I understand this potion correctly then your sim will not die from old age.

Potion of youth: can die of old age

Potion of Immortality: cannot die of old age

There is a difference, I was still hoping for a freezing-age-potion but I guess the vampires are unique in that way.

No, this is different.

You can take a potion of youth and still die of old age if you run out of it. If I understand this potion correctly then your sim will not die from old age.

Potion of youth: can die of old age

Potion of Immortality: cannot die of old age

There is a difference, I was still hoping for a freezing-age-potion but I guess the vampires are unique in that way.

@SilentKitty I was referring to the potion of rejuvenation (which CelSims, who I quoted, was talking about)