Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    @SimTrippy I wish I could build like that, but all my lots (especially my attempts at castles or schools) look horrible, lol.

But I couldn't find a suitable 40x30 build on the Gallery, so I downloaded a 64x64magic school (64x64) and replaced the Villareal household on Windenberg. I'll either move them into a different house, or scatter the family to the four winds; dad goes to jail, Max to Juvie, Hugo and his wife to San Myshuno, and Luna to a non-magical boarding school.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Am I the only one disappointed in this world? I watched many YouTube videos on the world and my excitement died. It's one of the main reasons I wanted this pack because i really wanted an awesome forest world silimar to granite falls or better, since we can't live there.
    Apart from my disappointment in the small lots (I need big ones for big families) This world seems very lackluster, dull and just plain boring. I like all the worlds in sims 4 and it's the first time I feel this way. It's definitely not the forest I was hoping for. I was thinking more like granite falls meets forgotten hallow. Maybe it's just me? :#
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I much prefer the smaller lot sizes. 20x30 is my favorite so I am glad they are small like that. I honestly just can't see massive land sizes in an out of the way place that is surrounded by woods and rocks and rivers.

Do you have any links for the world overviews? I just want little lots tucked far apart in the woods. So far, it looks that way to me.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2019
    Okay. I love the world and the woods parts of it looks really rustic. I love the roadways I've seen also the bridges ect.. Adding lot sizes are fine to me and although it's not a popular opinion I like the smaller lot hoods.

I am not really liking the driveways with the formal landscaping and planters that we can't change. So here's my sad face for that :(
    I was hoping it would look more backwoods I guess and that's what I get for assuming what it will be. I can and will work with it of course as it's a gorgeous area to me. I guess my no road/ wilderness sims will stay on the island in Windenburg.
    egTcBMc.png
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I never learned how to add links here but one of the videos that shows the world really well is called:
    The sims 4 REALM OF MAGIC Glimmerbrook tour!
    By Rachybopgaming.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Okay. I love the world and the woods parts of it looks really rustic. I love the roadways I've seen also the bridges ect.. Adding lot sizes are fine to me and although it's not a popular opinion I like the smaller lot hoods.

I am not really liking the driveways with the formal landscaping and planters that we can't change. So here's my sad face for that :(
    I was hoping it would look more backwoods I guess and that's what I get for assuming what it will be. I can and will work with it of course as it's a gorgeous area to me. I guess my no road/ wilderness sims will stay on the island in Windenburg.

I hate HATE those big fancy lead-ups to lots we can't change. And I was quite vociferous about it when Brindleton Bay came out. They need to #Stawpthat.

What sim, in their right mind, makes the entry and driveway and lead up to their house the most important thing? On a 20x30 lot in the middle of the back 90. It's just stupid beyond measure.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I thought the world was beautiful and compared favourably to Granite Falls. When your sim is at Granite Falls, (except for parts of the National Forest and the Hermit Lot), the trees are so dense it is impossible to see the whole world properly. This world seems a bit more spacious and mountainous, with better views. I am hoping for some nice collectibles scattered around, (since Strangerville had hardly any and I hope they don't repeat that mistake). I love the little bridges, the dock area (even it if it is just deco), the wide vistas and the waterfall. I don't mind the driveways since this is a livable world and it is appropriate that it look a bit more domesticated than Granite Falls. As for the builds being empty and ugly, I honestly think they do it on purpose, maybe to encourage us to redecorate them and fill them up with stuff. I plan to wait for Lilsimsie's fixer upper versions and replace them all. I do intend to edit the Magic HQ on the other side of the portal myself, though, and maybe add a dormitory, if I can fit it in somewhere.
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member

A sad face from me too 😞

I would have been happy with at least one lot with a dirt path leading from the road, just a little separation to create something that feels more remote. I’ll also figure out a way to make it work, just a small bummer. If we ever get a farm pack I really hope we’ll get a world with a few huge lots and dirt roads, corn fields, forests... maybe someday 🙂
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    @SimTrippy I wish I could build like that, but all my lots (especially my attempts at castles or schools) look horrible, lol.

But I couldn't find a suitable 40x30 build on the Gallery, so I downloaded a 64x64magic school (64x64) and replaced the Villareal household on Windenberg. I'll either move them into a different house, or scatter the family to the four winds; dad goes to jail, Max to Juvie, Hugo and his wife to San Myshuno, and Luna to a non-magical boarding school.

Castles are tricky, i’m Not sure i’m Happy with how my other sims castle turned out... again I need more floors, 4 floors isn’t enough any more. Can we crank it up to seven levels above ground?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I hate HATE those big fancy lead-ups to lots we can't change. And I was quite vociferous about it when Brindleton Bay came out. They need to #Stawpthat.

What sim, in their right mind, makes the entry and driveway and lead up to their house the most important thing? On a 20x30 lot in the middle of the back 90. It's just stupid beyond measure.

We cannot change the driveways? Oh, I don't like that idea :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »

We cannot change the driveways? Oh, I don't like that idea :(

We've never been able to change what they create on the periphery of the boundaries they give us. And much of the time, it's something opulent, or forcing the player to build within that parameter to "fit" for cohesiveness in the world.

Even if they never give us Create a World, I WISH that they gave us tools to change the common areas of neighbourhoods. I hate the tall cypress trees lined up with driveway stones that we can't even match in the game.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Yeah, I haven't taken much notice of Brindleton yet haven't played there much, but these driveways look more prominent in Glimmerbrook, like they encroach onto the lot itself :(
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    Yeah, I haven't taken much notice of Brindleton yet haven't played there much, but these driveways look more prominent in Glimmerbrook, like they encroach onto the lot itself :(

It makes no sense. They take so much away from us as creators when they do that. And they've done it in every world since base game.

THIS is your commercial district. THIS is your poor area. THIS is your family area. THIS is your ritzy area. And with the limited number of lots they give....it really cuts in to what we may want for our personal worlds we build.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I don't understand why there are driveways when the sims can't even drive cars. Also, there needs to be an "Enable Residence" to the Special Lots. Do you think MAXIS will eventually have open worlds?
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I don't understand why there are driveways when the sims can't even drive cars. Also, there needs to be an "Enable Residence" to the Special Lots. Do you think MAXIS will eventually have open worlds?

Not in 4.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

For looks but also for a possible release of cars in the future.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hope it is for future cars because they are really bugging me out with the big driveways.

Is there one lot with no frou-frou?

For looks but also for a possible release of cars in the future.

So then make the lot bigger. DO you really think you are going to be able to park that car in the common area of a neighbourhood even if it leads up to your lot? NO. Your car will have to be placed on your lot. Where you will likely build a garage or driveway with stones that don't match the driveway on the space just outside your lot.
    You know what, the driveways looked quite ok, they were not too ornate or fancy because that causes problems for me. I will just find all the portable items there are and plonk them down to make it more lived in and more like a yard.

A grill, an easel and a chair. A bit less “open unused area”.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I remember the good old days of buying a new pack and starting to play right away.
    Now it's buy pack, search replacements for lots because defaults are too ugly to be functional.

I'm tired. I just want to play.
    happyopi wrote: »
    I remember the good old days of buying a new pack and starting to play right away.
    Now it's buy pack, search replacements for lots because defaults are too ugly to be functional.

I'm tired. I just want to play.

Hmm... I bulldoze everything pretty much. Prefer to use builds from the gallery so it doesn’t bother me.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Hmm... I bulldoze everything pretty much. Prefer to use builds from the gallery so it doesn’t bother me.
    And good for you, but if we don't want to, we shouldn't have to. A pack should not be shipped with non functional basic placeholder lots because some players will replace them.
    Not everyone downloads on the gallery or has building skills. A game you buy should be good to play as is...
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

Oh that is very sweet because that's exactly how I feel about other simmers' builds 😁 I don't think it's great but it will do for its purpose. Once I've added all the RoM stuff I will probably put it on the gallery :) there is a thread for RoM builds already I think and some of the stuff in there is just amazing!!
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    We've never been able to change what they create on the periphery of the boundaries they give us. And much of the time, it's something opulent, or forcing the player to build within that parameter to "fit" for cohesiveness in the world.

Even if they never give us Create a World, I WISH that they gave us tools to change the common areas of neighbourhoods. I hate the tall cypress trees lined up with driveway stones that we can't even match in the game.

I wondered if this bothered anyone as much as it bothers me! I can't stand it. There's a lot in Strangerville I wanted to use for a broken-down ranch overlooking the valley... only to discover a couple large fancy planters in the driveway. Off the lot. Completely unremovable.

Same issue exists throughout the worlds. Their insistence at putting in streetlights, flower baskets, park benches etc lock the world into a certain vibe or style. If they never add CAW, I really hope they give us tools to edit world deco and lots. And paintable ceilings.

More "on topic", I'm curious to see Glimmerbrook for myself and see what I can do with the area. I just wish, again, they hadn't put in all the streetlights and driveways. Oh well.