Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just had to share...that I'm done! (100 baby )

13...Next

Comments

• Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Wow, that is amazing! Congrats! :smiley:
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Harujii_ wrote: »
    congrats! i'm also doing the challenge as well (just finished the first gen). how did you have so many sets of twins?

If you have City Living, use the lot trait called "Ley Line" on your house (Apply it in build mode) and then you'll get a lot of twins.
    You know, since I'm trying to do everything with a single matriarch (and I'm sure I'm going to fail), I have to say I wonder if this is actually a good idea, at least for what I'm doing. When you only have one baby at a time, you can keep all of the aging and caretaking staggered and pop the eldest kid out of the house just as you pop out a new baby, so that you always have room to get pregnant again immediately.

I have Ley Line and the 1/2/2/1/2/1/1/2 sort of staggering is NOT working well in that respect. I keep ending up with no free slots in the house and my matriarch ages for a couple of days before I can open another slot.

I might rather have a trait that makes it easier to maintain the household or skill up the kids.

Yes, if I tried to do it all in one, I'd probably turn ley line off. I preferred to do it in several just cuz it felt a teeny bit more realistic and I loved the idea of having to have a random matriarch for the next two generations with random traits, rather than ones I chose haha. Made it a bit more challenging.

Just remember that, if you play by them completely, it is in the rules that you can't change the lot traits after choosing them. However, if your family moves into a new house that doesn't have lot traits they can pick new ones. So to change them you need to move.

The other thing to make sure of is that when you move out the oldest, make sure that you always have at least one kid as teen or older. (Unless the matriarch is pregnant) If you don't have a teen/young adult living at home and something happens to your matriarch like an unexpected emotional death, freezing to death, fire etc, then all the kids/tots/babies will get taken away and you'll get the EA "YOU Lose" pop-up and lose the entire house hold. If there's a teen or older in the home this won't happen. Nothing can happen to your matriarch when she's pregnant though, but if you're going to have a spot where she can't get pregnant for a few days then try to avoid it. (This happens sometimes when you have, say, a teen or young adult, and then everyone else is a toddler/baby and a weekend is coming up. If you move out the teen/ya to get pregnant, then she'll give birth before you can move the next kids out most likely and you might end up with a few days of increased risk that way.
  • Felice_EnellenFelice_Enellen Posts: 102 Member
    Just remember that, if you play by them completely, it is in the rules that you can't change the lot traits after choosing them. However, if your family moves into a new house that doesn't have lot traits they can pick new ones. So to change them you need to move.
    Yeah, that's why I'm regretting ley line on my current lot.

I need to get my matriarch's income up before I can even consider moving lots. Even as it is, I'm having to keep the house as small as possible to keep my bills down.
    If you don't have a teen/young adult living at home and something happens to your matriarch like an unexpected emotional death, freezing to death, fire etc, then all the kids/tots/babies will get taken away and you'll get the EA "YOU Lose" pop-up and lose the entire house hold. (etc.)
    Oof, that's really good to know. I knew that would happen, but I wouldn't have thought of it until it was too late. Thanks so much for the heads up! <3
  • KanyeBrooklynKanyeBrooklyn Posts: 15 Member
    Awesome ! :smile: congratulations !!
    Yeah, that's why I'm regretting ley line on my current lot.

I need to get my matriarch's income up before I can even consider moving lots. Even as it is, I'm having to keep the house as small as possible to keep my bills down.
    If you don't have a teen/young adult living at home and something happens to your matriarch like an unexpected emotional death, freezing to death, fire etc, then all the kids/tots/babies will get taken away and you'll get the EA "YOU Lose" pop-up and lose the entire house hold. (etc.)
    Oof, that's really good to know. I knew that would happen, but I wouldn't have thought of it until it was too late. Thanks so much for the heads up! <3

Don't forget if you do move to a new house, you can sell the old one and the stuff in it (or save money saving the furniture and buying unfurnished).
  • IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    @SimAlexandria will you still be willing to update your plum tree family tree even though it’s so far behind, I’m not forcing you or anything, just asking :)
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
    @SimAlexandria will you still be willing to update your plum tree family tree even though it’s so far behind, I’m not forcing you or anything, just asking :)

Yes and no haha. I'm not sure if I have photos of them all still, so I might just add in their names for now. Also, I think family relations might change in other save files haha. So I might start some new trees with my current rotational saves and add some in there :) But yes, I'll try haha!!!! And I'll have to search for the screenshots. I delete them often to make the game load faster.
    Actually, I prob still have most the screenshots on imgur, so maybe I could do it that way :)

Yes and no haha. I'm not sure if I have photos of them all still, so I might just add in their names for now. Also, I think family relations might change in other save files haha. So I might start some new trees with my current rotational saves and add some in there :) But yes, I'll try haha!!!! And I'll have to search for the screenshots. I delete them often to make the game load faster.
    Actually, I prob still have most the screenshots on imgur, so maybe I could do it that way :)

Ok thanks!
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea

Ok thanks!

Hope this works... couldn't find proper photos of everyone, but most are there :)
    https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d1b8d81162cc70006fa1206
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Congrats!

How many matriarchs?

I'm currently seeing how far I can get on a single matriarch, and it's admittedly looking pretty sketchy for 100, even with careful planning and micro-management. And no, I don't know why I do this to myself. :D

Done it before a couple times, depending on in-game perks, lot traits, and fate, it takes about 3 to 5 matriarchs. The most one of my sims had was 32.

You can complete the whole challenge with one matriarch. I'm on a facebook group and there has been many that have done it with one Mom and I am currently on baby 80, all with the same Matriarch, and she still has 15 days to age up, so I'm sure I'll finish with her, no problems. And yes, it's on normal lifespan. If you keep your mom pregnant, she barely ages. My mom has only aged three days in the last 50 kids. And some of that was just her going into labor after sims go to bed and I didn't plan ahead properly to have a dad on stand by.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Ok thanks!

Hope this works... couldn't find proper photos of everyone, but most are there :)

It says the tree doesn't exist. :( Did you publish it?
    p8L4V6v.png
    ChelleJo wrote: »

Ok thanks!

It says the tree doesn't exist. :( Did you publish it?

Yeah but i didn't know how to share it so maybe it's the wrong link
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by IrishDashhun on
    Meep